Problem just arrived

Search This thread

holmes901

Jun 18, 2009
Orlando
I was trying to load up my gf's G1 and I had a cyans newest rom and pretty much all was working good. Now my friend decided to try the boot screen flasher to load a custom boot image and well it was not working so he said that it was the SPL and I told him that not to worry about it...But he did it anyway and now when the phone loads it stays on the G1 screen. I tried to load into recovery (home+power) to see if I could nandroid but no dice. Any Ideas...I would like this to work by time she gets home as I am creating a playboy theme for her phone.

P.S. I decided to let my friend know not to touch my phones by a nice punch in the arm

P.P.S. I know I should search for this but I am time crunching thanks to my friend and need to get this working again for her ASAP

Last edited:

B-man007

Jun 12, 2009
Dallas
I would give him a little more than a punch.... if he flashed the SPL

and you cant get to the SPL (Cam+Power) or recovery (Home+Power)

then your phone is bricked....

just so you know... the boot screen flasher has two options..one for the standard/engineering/hardspl and another for the haykuro SPL

goldenarmZ

Oct 14, 2008
Sheffield
www.gzthemes.com
Sorry but this is a brick. Not fixable.

Try not to actually kill your friend, but he definitely deserves a serious beating.

There is one thing that's worked on a few magics/sapphires, but I don't think anyone's had it work on a g1.. you might as well give it a try since it's literally your only shot: You need to have fastboot drivers already installed and working on your pc and a copy of the engineering or hardspl.. plug your phone in by usb but don't switch it on and execute this command:

Code:
fastboot flash hboot hboot.img

You should get the message "Waiting for device...", now hold [camera] power the phone on and hope. If it doesnt work, try pulling and reinserting the battery a few times. The idea is to get fastboot to recognise the phone before it trips up and start the flash, but as I said I don't know if this has ever worked on a g1. It has been reported that this is more likely to work with linux than windows as it reacts to usb devices much more quickly.

Last edited:

B-man007

Jun 12, 2009
Dallas
Sorry but this is a brick. Not fixable.

Try not to actually kill your friend, but he definitely deserves a serious beating.

There is one thing that's worked on a few magics/sapphires, but I don't think anyone's had it work on a g1.. you might as well give it a try since it's literally your only shot: You need to have fastboot drivers already installed and working on your pc and a copy of the haykuro spl.. plug your phone in by usb but don't switch it on and execute this command:

Code:
fastboot flash hboot hboot.img

You should get the message "Waiting for device...", now hold [camera] power the phone on and hope. If it doesnt work, try pulling and reinserting the battery a few times. The idea is to get fastboot to recognise the phone before it trips up and start the flash, but as I said I don't know if this has ever worked on a g1. It has been reported that this is more likely to work with linux than windows as it reacts to usb devices much more quickly.

fastboot only works in the spl though. the radio never calls the spl if the radios outdated.

also, why would you want to send haykuros spl back on the phone, when thats what caused it to brick in the first place.

can you link me to where the magic people got it to work? because i doubt their brick is the same as this

Last edited:

ESKIMOn00b

Apr 16, 2009
alabama
fastboot only works in the spl though. the radio never calls the spl if the radios outdated.

also, why would you want to send haykuros spl back on the phone, when thats what caused it to brick in the first place.

can you link me to where the magic people got it to work? because i doubt their brick is the same as this

to the first part of your statement: thats our best guess but noone REALLY knows, so if you dont want off the wall, maybe fix your phone solutions, then go else where

and i do agree that using HARDSPL versus haykuro would prolly be better idea, but its worth a shot nonetheless, depends all on where the fastboot code exisits and where exactly the phones hang, if you have some specific details that the rest of us are missing then do SHARE

and from what ive heard you'll need to be running linux for the reasons above (windows being slow as balls to do anything, and "security" {hostility} protocols applied to the usb bus)

Last edited:

goldenarmZ

Oct 14, 2008
Sheffield
www.gzthemes.com

That's what I thought til I saw this thread too, but the magics were spl bricks or I wouldn't have even posted it :p You're right tho, I meant to recommend hardspl, not haykuro's.. slip of the fingers. I've edited the post.

I'll try to find the magic thread again.. I can't quite remember where it was though..

Last edited:

B-man007

Jun 12, 2009
Dallas
to the first part of your statement: thats our best guess but noone REALLY knows, so if you dont want off the wall, maybe fix your phone solutions, then go else where

and i do agree that using HARDSPL versus haykuro would prolly be better idea, but its worth a shot nonetheless, depends all on where the fastboot code exisits and where exactly the phones hang, if you have some specific details that the rest of us are missing then do SHARE

and from what ive heard you'll need to be running linux for the reasons above (windows being slow as balls to do anything, and "security" {hostility} protocols applied to the usb bus)

what do you mean by no one already knows? We do know. i dont think youve been following xda very closely.

read the the threads that relate to the spl because all that info is already shared. Heres the summary

IPL>SPL>Android

when the link from IPL>SPL is broken.... there is nothing

Fastboot is on the SPL.

Its not "the rest of us" that don't know this....its just you

@Golden

Im surprised that hasnt been looked at yet. However..the spl bricks are probably very different from the ones on the G1

reason being is that Magic users are using Magic radios and Magic SPLs

These G1 bricks are from using G1 Radio and ported Magic SPL's

Technically, any magic radio should be compatible any magic spl
their bricks would easier to fix as the proper software is probably still on there while g1 may or may not recognize the software such as the magic spl