• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Problem Magisk v15 Sony

Search This thread

fernandito09

Dec 27, 2017
picture.php
I updated the magik v15 but the cell phone stopped reading the applications that were on the memory card. I made a manufacturing reboot to the cell phone and installed magisk v15 but now I can not pass anything to the micro sd :(

Last edited:

fernandito09

Dec 27, 2017
I have adopted storage, Magisk 15 and apps moved to SD works fine. I think this is not problem with Magisk.

Sent from Moto G (5S) Plus via Tapatalk

Thank you. maybe there are problems with sony devices because I installed the version of magisk v14 and if it works but again I update to magisk v15 and stop reading the applications, I hope that in the next update this is corrected

Medeon

Dec 26, 2017
Dordrecht
Thank you. maybe there are problems with sony devices because I installed the version of magisk v14 and if it works but again I update to magisk v15 and stop reading the applications, I hope that in the next update this is corrected

Lately I installed Magisk v15 on my Sony Xperia M5 device after flashing a DRM fix kernel made by mbc07. It contains a DRM Fix library that was made by tobias.waldvogel, the developer of Root Kernel.

It came to pass when discussing with another Xperia m5 user that was trying to get root access by this method that the DRM fix library didn't get loaded at all. Thus when doing the security test in the service menu dialer (*#*#7378434#*#*) we got a Generic error on Blobs and HUK. Adressing this issue to mbc07 he:
took a look at the changelog and v15 brings many internal changes that probably broke the library preloading.

So I decided to uninstall Magisk v15 and flash Magisk v14 instead. And indeed no Generic errors this time. Bottomline Magisk v15 is not compatible with Sony Xperia devices, sadly. :/ Hope that these issues in future versions of Magisk will be fixed, because I really like the features that accompanies Magisk like: SafetyNET pass, Magisk Hide and systemless modules.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have adopted storage, Magisk 15 and apps moved to SD works fine. I think this is not problem with Magisk.

Sent from Moto G (5S) Plus via Tapatalk