Problem - My headphones (USB C) discharge my smartphone

Search This thread

VictoSab

Jun 7, 2012
Hi all,

I recently bought a new headset (Sennheiser PXC 550-II), and I want to use it with USB C on my smartphone. However, when I plug it in, the battery of my Samsung Galaxy S10 drains to charge the headphones. How can I disable USB discharging (Android 11, root OK) ?

Thanks for your help !

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 23, 2011
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Samsung Galaxy S10
    Hi all,

I recently bought a new headset (Sennheiser PXC 550-II), and I want to use it with USB C on my smartphone. However, when I plug it in, the battery of my Samsung Galaxy S10 drains to charge the headphones. How can I disable USB discharging (Android 11, root OK) ?

Thanks for your help !
    I think the USB cable is only for charging the headphones.
    You should user the studio cable to get it audio connected to your S10. Fortunately it still has the headphones jack.

Reactions: blackhawk

VictoSab

Jun 7, 2012
    Thank you for your interest in my problem.

Following some comments found and in order to want to disable the + 5V pinout of the USB socket, I also tried the cable "micro-cable male C to USB-A female OTG" destined for an external DAC, but the same problem happened.

ifi-audio-otg-cable-female-usb-a-to-male-usb-c-12cm.jpg

After hours of research, no solutions finded.

So, I will stay in jack, because even if I lose the audio controls (and a little background noise that I don't have in USB :( ), my smartphone battery will be preserved.

I compensate with a 3.5 --> 2.5 jack cable from JBL with microphone and 1 button for "BL E35 / E45 / E55 / E65 / C45".

Câble audio noir JBL E35  E45  E55  E65 C45.PNG

Victo Sab

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hi all,

Thanks for your help !
      I think the USB cable is only for charging the headphones.
      You should user the studio cable to get it audio connected to your S10. Fortunately it still has the headphones jack.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone