• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Problem on sms messaging

Search This thread

limct

Nov 27, 2006
I can see what sms message I received, but after I click on the sms message to view it's content, it just showed a blank white screen. Just to reply and create a new text message. It also appear a blank screen.

Any idea hoe to solve the problem ?

CJBS

Dec 21, 2006
Bay Area
This is most likely related to the CE-Star Chinese product. When it installs, it places a wince.nls file in the \Temp directory of the device, along with a registry setting under HKLM\Software\Mobem\CE-Star -- MyNLS="\Temp\wince.nls"

After some experiments, it seems that even if you want to move or rename this file, regardless of whether you update the registry setting, it is not possible to do so without affecting the messaging application. I would suspect that somewhere in some of the CE-Star logic is a hard-coded reference to that location.

Solution: If you have CE-Star installed, and are loading the NLS file via the DynaNls.lnk file in \Windows\StartUp, then ensure the registry setting (documented above) is set to "\Temp\wince.nls", and ensure that the wince.nls file installed by the CE-Star application resides in the \Temp directory.

Note: I use the trial version of this product (limited to 50 characters input). I'm not sure whether modifying these settings for the registered version will remove this hard-coded limitation. Personally, I like to only have temporary files in my \Temp folder.

ravine

Jun 12, 2007
I can see what sms message I received, but after I click on the sms message to view it's content, it just showed a blank white screen. Just to reply and create a new text message. It also appear a blank screen.

Any idea hoe to solve the problem ?

Hi, I have the same problem. I can see the list of messages and even the header-preview but when i click on any of the messages or "new" message link, all i get is a blank white screen.
So basically, now i cant write a new sms nor read any of my old messages.
please help!!!
Specs are as below:
O2 Xda Exec
Windows Mobile 5.0 OS 5.1.195 (Build 14847.2.0.0)
Rom Version: 1.30.107 WWE
Rom Date: 04/11/06
Radio Version: 1.09.00
Protocol Version: 42.42.P8
ExtRom Version:1.30.162 WWE

I am not using GPRS / MMS messaging. Niether I have installed anything new recently. and even my sms-inbox is not overflowing with messages.. hardly 15-20.

Please help me. thanks