• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Problem re-lock bootloader (remote: root type is risk) - NXT-L09

Search This thread

e285

Apr 19, 2016
I am getting the following error message FAILED (remote: root type is risk) when I try to relock the bootloader

fastboot oem relock ****************
FAILED (remote: root type is risk)
finished. total time: 0.970s

Before I got the error message I had done the following:
- flashed to stock recovery (phone is not rooted any more)
- factory reset

- Someone know how to resolve this issue?
- Could this be fixed by installing fresh and untouched complete firmware from huawei?
- If yes, some know which link to use for my device and version?

Model number: HUAWEI NXT-L09
Buld number: NXT-L09C432B152

All help is highly apprechiated.

tdamocles

Aug 11, 2009
Instead of factory resetting after flashing stock recovery, try reflashing stock rom using dload method. Then try relocking.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk

danywalkert

Apr 14, 2013
Monterrey
Does the dload method work when rooted?

Instead of factory resetting after flashing stock recovery, try reflashing stock rom using dload method. Then try relocking.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk

Hi there, I would also like to go back to the out of the box state of my Mate 8, I have 1 problem though, I cant unroot it, the fully unroot function within the Super SU app always fails, can I flash the official firmware on top?

Thanks!

bluheart

May 8, 2011
Kozhikode
Check if twrp still exist. Also check for any system changes that you did.

dload the latest stock then factory reset and then relock

Finefeather

Feb 12, 2012
Cape Town
Hi @bluheart
The latest stock download you have linked to your posts at the bottom....can I update my NXT-L29 C900 B188 with it just using the dload method? or must i debrand first.

Jomer111

May 30, 2010
Dear great team i really need your help to unroot and remove twrp from my Mate S, i have the stock room but whenever i am trying to use the SD card method it takes me back to twrp recovery, i tried to flash the rom via twrp recovery but in vain as i can see the dload but unable to flash it.
Pleeeese help and explain the steps
Regards

Reactions: jauhien

bluheart

May 8, 2011
Kozhikode
Dear great team i really need your help to unroot and remove twrp from my Mate S, i have the stock room but whenever i am trying to use the SD card method it takes me back to twrp recovery, i tried to flash the rom via twrp recovery but in vain as i can see the dload but unable to flash it.
Regards

Flash latest stock firmware via TWRP and reboot into Huawei recovery and wipe and reboot. You will be on stock

Finefeather

Feb 12, 2012
Cape Town
The only way I got this relocking error sorted was:
1. remove root completely
2. flash stock recovery
3. dload stock rom
This process locks the boot loader automatically and it is "Locked" not "relocked"

stefcio102

Jan 2, 2016
Zgorzelec
2. flash stock recovery
3. dload stock rom
This process locks the boot loader automatically and it is "Locked" not "relocked"

NXT-L29C432B180
i have full format, installing b180. i reset factory next flash recovery from B180 and install dload B180 and sill unlock bootloader. any solution?

mamama07

Sep 7, 2014
GUYS!!! fIRST OF ALL, STOCK = FULL STOCK, include a CUST mod and OEMINFO.

You must flash it before you relock. It will help u, because I had same problem before. Now, it's FULL BACKED to stock.

Finefeather

Feb 12, 2012
Cape Town
NXT-L29C432B180
i have full format, installing b180. i reset factory next flash recovery from B180 and install dload B180 and sill unlock bootloader. any solution?
You MUST use @somboons tool to change CUST and OEMINFO to the ROM you are wanting to use as stock. If this does not match dload will not lock your bootloader.
Read @somboons threads... it will work if you have all things correct...

melo15m

Oct 19, 2011
Hi! I need to lock a bootloader of my Honor 8. Can you help me please?
I downloaded stock ROM FRD-L09C432B120. What next should I do?
What does "dload" mean? Thank you in advance!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use the tool by somboons
    You have to use your original firmware and then relock
    Regards
    Regards

Flash latest stock firmware via TWRP and reboot into Huawei recovery and wipe and reboot. You will be on stock
    2. flash stock recovery
    3. dload stock rom