• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Problem reconnecting to GPRS

Search This thread

natan

Sep 22, 2006
Hello. I have have a t-mobile mda with TNT4.0 Rom. I have set up t-mobile data connection as well as the proxy and internet works fine. However, if go into a no-reception area(subway, tunnel, etc) the data/voice obviously disconnects. When I'm in the clear again the voice bars show up but where I typically see E (EDGE) I see an "x" as if there is no data connection available. If I soft reset the data connection is there. Until I soft reset, there seems nothing I can do to fix the data connection. I go to connection settings, tap on the modem and click "connect" but nothing happens.

When I click "sync" in ActiveSync, it starts to sync and then stops after a few seconds and says "waiting for network".

Is anyone experiencing the same problem? any way to fix that? WHen I had T-Mobile ROM, I did not have this issue.

xeno1

May 8, 2007
St. Louis
Sometimes things like that dissappear if you just flash the same ROM over the top of the one you're using. You don't list what radio rom your using, but it might be that too. You should probably start by flashing a new radio rom, either 2.19 or 2.69 since they seem to work the best with WM6 and then reflash TNT 4.0 if one of the radios doesn't fix it.

usb2007

Aug 7, 2007
i had exactly the same problem (G/E sign visible..internet working but after a while X sign and i had to reset or turn the phone feature off and on to get it working again) when i was using other WM6 roms and it was so annoying that i planned to move back to WM5 but thanks to Orhan (he had the same problem) now its fixed.

for some strange reason, the only solution is to use NBD ROM and your problem will be solved. im using NBD 8.1 (without touch. after the ROM you can choose to install touch or soft reset it after setup to get a vanilla wm6 o/s) and its extremely fast and stable.

my gprs attach problem thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=322022

NBD v8.2 (5.2.1437)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=319751

hope this helps.

Last edited:

natan

Sep 22, 2006
Sometimes things like that dissappear if you just flash the same ROM over the top of the one you're using. You don't list what radio rom your using, but it might be that too. You should probably start by flashing a new radio rom, either 2.19 or 2.69 since they seem to work the best with WM6 and then reflash TNT 4.0 if one of the radios doesn't fix it.

Thanks. I had 2.47.11 Radio ROM and now have installed 2.19 per your suggestions. I'll test it out and will post the findings.