problem tying to install roms?

Search This thread

jpopgt

May 12, 2009
Hi, sorry if this has been asked before but I have checked back 12 pages and have not found anything.

I have rooted and installed recovery on my N9005 but seem to have a problem with most Roms I have tried.....

I do a full wipe then try to install a ROM and I either get my phone rebooting back to recovery, a message saying that there has been an abnormal factory reset and to put my details into the Samsung account which I have not done yet to get past. On the one ROM that did boot up fine' the WiFi button would not come on.

Do I have to put in my details on the Roms that ask to get by?

Cheers.

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
Hi, sorry if this has been asked before but I have checked back 12 pages and have not found anything.

I have rooted and installed recovery on my N9005 but seem to have a problem with most Roms I have tried.....

I do a full wipe then try to install a ROM and I either get my phone rebooting back to recovery, a message saying that there has been an abnormal factory reset and to put my details into the Samsung account which I have not done yet to get past. On the one ROM that did boot up fine' the WiFi button would not come on.

Do I have to put in my details on the Roms that ask to get by?

Cheers.

Best thing is sign up for a Samsung account and when it asks you just sign in that should be it

jpopgt

May 12, 2009
I signed up for a Samsung account online but after I enter details on phone I get the message - processing failed. I can't get any further?

jpopgt

May 12, 2009
Have you got a backup if so install don't wipe it then sign in on Samsung account on your phone then try a rom

I made a backup with stock when I first rooted, I have just done what you said and the new ROM has upgraded.

Do you think I would be able to do a full wipe now that I have registered my account on this phone?

Thanks

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
I made a backup with stock when I first rooted, I have just done what you said and the new ROM has upgraded.

Do you think I would be able to do a full wipe now that I have registered my account on this phone?

Thanks

Yeah should be good to go, if you are stock you don't need to wipe just flash no wipe, it's only wipe when you coming from another rom

Reactions: jpopgt

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, I can log into my account online. I am trying with 2 Roms just now and I can't get past the Samsung login screen.

Have you got a backup if so install don't wipe it then sign in on Samsung account on your phone then try a rom

Thanks

Yeah should be good to go, if you are stock you don't need to wipe just flash no wipe, it's only wipe when you coming from another rom