Problem updating P8 Lite Single sim.

Search This thread

khrystoff

May 16, 2014
Hi, I recently bought this phone and its awesome but it has a problem, when I type sometimes it types 2 letters instead of one and its very uncomfortable... I've read on internet about this problem and apparently last versions like B194 (Only for Dual SIM) and Marshmallow 6.0 (B550/B551 Dual and Single Sim ) fixes this problem but here is the thing, I'm with the B181 version (ALE-L21C40B181) so im Single Sim and I wanna keep it that way. I tried to install the MM 6.0 551 for single version and it just simply doesn't work, I choose the option "Local Update" but when the phone restarts shows me the message "Install software failed"... I tried the vol+ + vol- + powerup button method but it stucks at 90% all the time and can't do anything...

Anyone can help me? I just can't update it.

PS: My bootloader is unlocked and I don't have any root!

Greetings!

sokkoban

Nov 8, 2015
Plovdiv
This is B551 requirements
Code:
⦁	Version introduction
⦁	The following versions can be upgraded.
Versions can be upgraded
[B][COLOR="Red"]ALE-L21C432B525[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR="Red"]ALE-L21C432B183[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR="Red"]ALE-L21C432B171[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR="Red"]ALE-L21C432B009[/COLOR][/B]

So you must have one of these firmware to successful firmware upgrade

khrystoff

May 16, 2014
Uhm, I have the B181 and seems to be the latest update and I don't know what to do, what are my options?

khrystoff

May 16, 2014
Oh, greetings, Im gonna read it.. one more thing, what's the next steps afert I debrand the phone?

Greetings!

Rexton270

Jun 6, 2007
3rd rock from the sun
Hi, I recently bought this phone and its awesome but it has a problem, when I type sometimes it types 2 letters instead of one and its very uncomfortable... I've read on internet about this problem and apparently last versions like B194 (Only for Dual SIM) and Marshmallow 6.0 (B550/B551 Dual and Single Sim ) fixes this problem but here is the thing, I'm with the B181 version (ALE-L21C40B181) so im Single Sim and I wanna keep it that way. I tried to install the MM 6.0 551 for single version and it just simply doesn't work, I choose the option "Local Update" but when the phone restarts shows me the message "Install software failed"... I tried the vol+ + vol- + powerup button method but it stucks at 90% all the time and can't do anything...

Anyone can help me? I just can't update it.

PS: My bootloader is unlocked and I don't have any root!

Greetings!
For official update you can't have unlocked bootloader.
Also, you have to be on certain version to be able upgrade. Also make sure you have the correct file (C432 etc).