• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Problem with 4g/4g+/LTE in home

Search This thread
Ok. I read some information in telegram groups, Google, youtube. Poco x3 nfc has a serious problem with connectivity affecting mobile network (4g, 4g+) and maybe wifi too. Change some settings could fix the problem but is temporary. Xiaomi is aware of the problem affecting a lot of devices, A LOT! and the promise to release an update because the fault is probably/only software but until now it has not been fixed (also battery drain) and probably it won't maybe with android 11 but i don't think so. There's also a physical (hardware) info about the antenna (s) position or simply bad quality or something is interfering inside de device.

Poco x3 nfc is a good phone but meanwhile battery last all day, no problem for me.

SkaboXD

Jan 18, 2017
Ganja
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Caution: This solution involves modifying EFS partition (modem), so be careful!

You can try adding Advanced LTE aggregations and enabling EVS codec solution for fixing 4G & 4G+ network switching.
I didn't had any of the problems described above, but I got better speeds when 4G+ is connected. I tried it myself and it works wonderfully.

Original post: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=1003842&st=12180#entry101713197

Needed files + instructions on how to do it for people who don't use 4pda: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11K0NbzcJB-SL2amudRJwYChm3aqnAdM7/view?usp=sharing

This solution will stay always on any ROM.

Cheers!

Reactions: f3r.and0 and pnin

SkaboXD

Jan 18, 2017
Ganja
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Ok. I read some information in telegram groups, Google, youtube. Poco x3 nfc has a serious problem with connectivity affecting mobile network (4g, 4g+) and maybe wifi too. Change some settings could fix the problem but is temporary. Xiaomi is aware of the problem affecting a lot of devices, A LOT! and the promise to release an update because the fault is probably/only software but until now it has not been fixed (also battery drain) and probably it won't maybe with android 11 but i don't think so. There's also a physical (hardware) info about the antenna (s) position or simply bad quality or something is interfering inside de device.

Poco x3 nfc is a good phone but meanwhile battery last all day, no problem for me.
I would say bad position because Redmi Note 10 Pro has the same modem and it has much better signal.
Glass backs are only slightly affecting signal, but there is no metal that can make it worse.

In other way, plastic doesn't interefere signals, but aluminium frame can cause issues along with bad modem position on Poco X3. (for example, modem is placed in the corner of the phone which is more surrounded by aluminium frame)

There also can be a possibility that Redmi Note 10 Pro uses the newer revision of Snapdragon 732G where it has the same modem which fixed signal issues (unlikely imo).

Last edited:
Reactions: Hakkinen3K

Monacophil

May 7, 2021
Hello,

I just bought a POCO F3 a couple weeks ago on the European Xiaomi site and I have exactly the same problem (on 2 different French networks).
Loss of connection, sometimes for 5 to 10 seconds on both sims. Number of times varies but at least 10/15 times a day.

All this story starts to be very frustrating.

a0a0a0

Dec 14, 2020
Any news? Are the custom roms improving the connection? It s unbelivable that on rn7 and rn8T I had before the issue was not present. This poco X3 is s***t due to this problem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was told by Xiaomi support to wait for next update when the phone was at 12.0.4 for the fix. Yesterday I got 12.0.7 and the problem is still there.

Being very close to telecomunication engineers that can log the behaviour of the phone in the network, they noticed that on ¨not optimized nodes¨, the phone tends to make a lot of intraLTE hangover, which is not good. This is totally a software issue. I hope you guys send feedback to Xiaomi as well so the complain has more impact.

I wrote back to Xiaomi and they told me to wait for the next update. I will keep you posted.

The APN thing doesn´t work for me.
    I have already written to Xiaomi support. I am pretty sure developers will fix this on next firmware update. I ask you guys please to write as well
    Hello everyone.

Before giving a solution that has worked for me, I would like to talk about my context. I live in a city, that has centainly a low density of radios, so it is nomal that inside the house the 4G signal is very low.

With that being said I realize that my POCO was more sensitive than for instance an iPhone 6S, that, with the same signal behaves MUCH better. At this scenario, even going out where signal is stronger, data was almost unusable in 4G.

Leo, a very smart guy from a Telegram POCO channel, told me to fix this problem, unlocking the bootloader and flashing Global Stock ROM via fastboot, and I did it. You know what? It fixed the problem. The signal is not stronger, but the experience is totally different, as it should.

It is hard to say that this solution is one size fits all but at least in my case it works, it is not a placebo effect. The bennefics are REAL.

Hoping you guys has the same effect!

Regards.
    Caution: This solution involves modifying EFS partition (modem), so be careful!

You can try adding Advanced LTE aggregations and enabling EVS codec solution for fixing 4G & 4G+ network switching.
    I didn't had any of the problems described above, but I got better speeds when 4G+ is connected. I tried it myself and it works wonderfully.

Original post: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=1003842&st=12180#entry101713197

Needed files + instructions on how to do it for people who don't use 4pda: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11K0NbzcJB-SL2amudRJwYChm3aqnAdM7/view?usp=sharing

This solution will stay always on any ROM.

Cheers!
    Hello everyone.

Before giving a solution that has worked for me, I would like to talk about my context. I live in a city, that has centainly a low density of radios, so it is nomal that inside the house the 4G signal is very low.

With that being said I realize that my POCO was more sensitive than for instance an iPhone 6S, that, with the same signal behaves MUCH better. At this scenario, even going out where signal is stronger, data was almost unusable in 4G.

Leo, a very smart guy from a Telegram POCO channel, told me to fix this problem, unlocking the bootloader and flashing Global Stock ROM via fastboot, and I did it. You know what? It fixed the problem. The signal is not stronger, but the experience is totally different, as it should.

It is hard to say that this solution is one size fits all but at least in my case it works, it is not a placebo effect. The bennefics are REAL.

Hoping you guys has the same effect!

Regards.

Great thanks, since I'm not an expert about modding, can you link me a guide/tutorial on how to unlock the bootloader and flash the global stock rom?