Problem with 4g/4g+/LTE in home

Search This thread

Jim1996s

Jan 26, 2021
Hello everyone. Being almost obsesed with this I am subscribed to a lot of forums, and telegram groups related to POCO X3. Yesterday a POCO enthusiast having the same problem we are having, told me that he fixed the problem by flashing the stock rom via fastboot. This ROM is bigger than the recovery one.

Yesterday I request to unloock the bootloader. As soon as it gets unlocked I will try this solution.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2014
Yesterday I finally unlocked my Poco bootloader and I could flash Stock Global ROM via Fastboot. To realize if there was any difference in terms of connectivity I needed to get home, there signal is bad and mobile data is terrible, almost unusable with POCO X3. At first nothing has changed and I felt terribly disappointed. BUT

Next day!!!! Tadan....there was a significant change. Unfortunately I could´t test too much because I needed to go to work, where there is no problem. Now I can´t wait to go back and try. But in the meantime. Is there any settle in time required by the ROM/Radio/Kernel...to get the best connectivity? Was it a placebo effect?

cabarella

Feb 3, 2021
Yesterday I finally unlocked my Poco bootloader and I could flash Stock Global ROM via Fastboot. To realize if there was any difference in terms of connectivity I needed to get home, there signal is bad and mobile data is terrible, almost unusable with POCO X3. At first nothing has changed and I felt terribly disappointed. BUT

Next day!!!! Tadan....there was a significant change. Unfortunately I could´t test too much because I needed to go to work, where there is no problem. Now I can´t wait to go back and try. But in the meantime. Is there any settle in time required by the ROM/Radio/Kernel...to get the best connectivity? Was it a placebo effect?

Yes thank you let us know, I'm having the same problem and looking for a solution to solve it

Apr 17, 2014
Hello everyone.

Before giving a solution that has worked for me, I would like to talk about my context. I live in a city, that has centainly a low density of radios, so it is nomal that inside the house the 4G signal is very low.

With that being said I realize that my POCO was more sensitive than for instance an iPhone 6S, that, with the same signal behaves MUCH better. At this scenario, even going out where signal is stronger, data was almost unusable in 4G.

Leo, a very smart guy from a Telegram POCO channel, told me to fix this problem, unlocking the bootloader and flashing Global Stock ROM via fastboot, and I did it. You know what? It fixed the problem. The signal is not stronger, but the experience is totally different, as it should.

It is hard to say that this solution is one size fits all but at least in my case it works, it is not a placebo effect. The bennefics are REAL.

Hoping you guys has the same effect!

Regards.

cabarella

Feb 3, 2021
Hello everyone.

Before giving a solution that has worked for me, I would like to talk about my context. I live in a city, that has centainly a low density of radios, so it is nomal that inside the house the 4G signal is very low.

With that being said I realize that my POCO was more sensitive than for instance an iPhone 6S, that, with the same signal behaves MUCH better. At this scenario, even going out where signal is stronger, data was almost unusable in 4G.

Leo, a very smart guy from a Telegram POCO channel, told me to fix this problem, unlocking the bootloader and flashing Global Stock ROM via fastboot, and I did it. You know what? It fixed the problem. The signal is not stronger, but the experience is totally different, as it should.

It is hard to say that this solution is one size fits all but at least in my case it works, it is not a placebo effect. The bennefics are REAL.

Regards.

Great thanks, since I'm not an expert about modding, can you link me a guide/tutorial on how to unlock the bootloader and flash the global stock rom?

Reactions: paqqno
Apr 17, 2014
Hello everyone. After some days with the new ROM I can still say it was better than before, but still far from other phones around. I am starting to think the real issue is hardware related.

Poluux

Jun 18, 2014
Paris
Just got the phone, 4g is very bad compair to the Samsung s10. It's sometimes more than 4 times slower in download : 100mb/s for the s10, 20mb/s for the poco), upload is even worse, not even a mega (indoor at the exact same place). Anyone found a fix? I'm full stock with the latest update.

veniciusgp

Jan 16, 2011
Just got the phone, 4g is very bad compair to the Samsung s10. It's sometimes more than 4 times slower in download : 100mb/s for the s10, 20mb/s for the poco), upload is even worse, not even a mega (indoor at the exact same place). Anyone found a fix? I'm full stock with the latest update.

This problem is appearing to be poor quality of the antenna. I think it is a problem that has no solution with software fix. I have already compared poco x3 with several other cell phones from different manufacturers and the poco always performs worse whether 4g/4g+ or wifi.

Reactions: Poluux

Poluux

Jun 18, 2014
Paris
This problem is appearing to be poor quality of the antenna. I think it is a problem that has no solution with software fix. I have already compared poco x3 with several other cell phones from different manufacturers and the poco always performs worse whether 4g/4g+ or wifi.

Thanks for your reply. It's really too bad so I'll send it back tomorrow

WTTSS

Mar 21, 2021
Hello, I had the same problem as you, I looked in several forums and I watched several videos said to be 100% effective without success, so I decided to go through all the network settings of the phone to find a solution, and that ended up paying off, I changed the network mode through the menu * # * # 4636 # * # * on the call keypad, I put illustrations below to better understand, you just do a google search to find the right combination for your operator and your region, for me in any case it works, no more cut in 4G during a call, more speed, here is hoping that it serves you as well as 'to me. Have a good day.

Attachments

• 163558437_854383375290542_5524916540284451033_n.jpg
    163558437_854383375290542_5524916540284451033_n.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 312
  • 163165813_1426995430978750_3284316469478727430_n.jpg
    163165813_1426995430978750_3284316469478727430_n.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 322
  • 163165813_447513222992635_4228016427303138756_n.jpg
    163165813_447513222992635_4228016427303138756_n.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 311

pnin

For some unknown reason, I'm now facing a similar problem in Xiaomi.eu v12.0.7.0.

At first, I supposedly had 4G connections but couldn't make any calls -- a message popped up saying "Can't place call because there are no calling accounts which support calls of this type".

Looking for a solution, I cleared data and cache for the qcrilmsgtunnel system app and rebooted, after which I was able to make some calls, but lost 4G/LTE -- so I have no 4G sign anymore next to mobile connection.

"Phone Info" (*#*#4636#*#*) takes some time to start, at first I assumed it wasn't working at all, but it eventually showed up.

"Mobile Radio Power" and "Enable DSDS" are the only buttons enabled, "VoLTE Provisioned", "Video Calling Provisioned", and "Wifi Calling Provisioned" are all grayed out.

Phone info preferred connection was set to "LTE/TS-CDMA/UMTS" at first and I changed it to "LTE/CDMA/UMTS auto (PRL)" but this change doesn't seem to stick after reboots.

Any help/pointers appreciated.

photo-2021-03-23-13-04-22.jpg
photo-2021-03-23-13-00-14.jpg

Last edited:

pnin

Duh! Problem solved.

Put the SIM card in another device and yet the problem persisted; so I went to the service provider shop with it...

Turns out they had blocked my data access (but not calling, believe or not) without notifying me -- all for lack of payment.

Everything settled. Damn leeches. 😈

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was told by Xiaomi support to wait for next update when the phone was at 12.0.4 for the fix. Yesterday I got 12.0.7 and the problem is still there.

Being very close to telecomunication engineers that can log the behaviour of the phone in the network, they noticed that on ¨not optimized nodes¨, the phone tends to make a lot of intraLTE hangover, which is not good. This is totally a software issue. I hope you guys send feedback to Xiaomi as well so the complain has more impact.

I wrote back to Xiaomi and they told me to wait for the next update. I will keep you posted.

The APN thing doesn´t work for me.
    I have already written to Xiaomi support. I am pretty sure developers will fix this on next firmware update. I ask you guys please to write as well
    Hello everyone.

Regards.
    Caution: This solution involves modifying EFS partition (modem), so be careful!

You can try adding Advanced LTE aggregations and enabling EVS codec solution for fixing 4G & 4G+ network switching.
    I didn't had any of the problems described above, but I got better speeds when 4G+ is connected. I tried it myself and it works wonderfully.

Original post: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=1003842&st=12180#entry101713197

Needed files + instructions on how to do it for people who don't use 4pda: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11K0NbzcJB-SL2amudRJwYChm3aqnAdM7/view?usp=sharing

This solution will stay always on any ROM.

Cheers!
    Hello everyone.

Regards.

Great thanks, since I'm not an expert about modding, can you link me a guide/tutorial on how to unlock the bootloader and flash the global stock rom?