• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Problem with charge

Search This thread

al.iraqi ali

Jan 24, 2015
Baghdad
Hi
Why my s10lite charge from one side ?
And the other side very slow ! But phone tell me (fast charge)
And the headphones also work from one side
What mean that software or hardware problem

furosemide

Dec 6, 2020
Same problem here too. It works some of the time. Cable doesn't work both ways.
UsbC-Jack adaptor also works some of the time.
I thought it was a physical connector problem. Took it to Samsung and they charged me for repairing it. It worked for like 3-4 days then same problem.

hardcoree

May 1, 2015
My problem started yesterday, 27.07.2021. and last update was 24.07.2021.
The phone will not charge.
I have original charger and original cable. Charger/cable are working fine with other phones, so it is not cable/charger problem. I tried different chargers and cables and same thing.
At the end i managed to start charging after 100 tries and after whole night it reached 80%.
Today i tried to connect it to my laptop and it is charging normally, but only charging. So i think that the charging port on the phone is not damaged.
Laptop does not recognize it, but that is a minor problem now. I also started getting an error "the connected USB device isn`t supported" when i *disconnect* the phone from laptop.
I think that this has something to do with the last update.
I have googled samsung forums and people had similar issues but i did not see the solution. What to do ? Wait for the next update ? Charging phone via laptop is not a great solution... Any ideas? Anybody with the same problem ?

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Meh, rule #1 if your phone is running fast, stable and fulfilling its mission... leave it be.
Updates can and do break Androids especially carrier OTA ones.

Reactions: hardcoree

hardcoree

May 1, 2015
I was doing that with my older Xiaomi phones. Waiting months to update. MIUI updates where/still are full of bugs. I had no problems with ONE UI till now. I hope that the mobile charging port is ok. Just now i had some charging/stopped/charging/stopped issues again.

hardcoree

May 1, 2015
Problems again. Charges only via laptop. Also i have to shut the phone down to start charging and it recognizes only one side of type c cable. Both sides are the same, that is the f point of type c cables. This is weird already

• Sad
Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Inspect C port with bright light and magnification for damage. Clean with toothbrush and 99% isopropyl alcohol if needed.
Check for signs if battery swelling, any swelling is a failure.
Try a known good 25w brick and cable.
Try charging with phone powered off.

If it won't charge with a good brick/cable then probably a:
Battery failure
C port PCB failure
Mobo failure

Reactions: hardcoree

hardcoree

May 1, 2015
Inspect C port with bright light and magnification for damage. Clean with toothbrush and 99% isopropyl alcohol if needed.
Check for signs if battery swelling, any swelling is a failure.
Try a known good 25w brick and cable.
Try charging with phone powered off.

If it won't charge with a good brick/cable then probably a:
Battery failure
C port PCB failure
Mobo failure
Cleaned c port. Original 25w brick and cable charges two other phones in the house without problem.
Battery health seems ok. For c port i have to go to service centar. Thx mate. You don't think that can be a software problem? Everything happened after the last update.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Cleaned c port. Original 25w brick and cable charges two other phones in the house without problem.
Battery health seems ok. For c port i have to go to service centar. Thx mate. You don't think that can be a software problem? Everything happened after the last update.
Maybe the update. I don't do them.
Sounds more like a hardware failure.

Battery failures can happen at anytime. Erratic fast charging is a symptom.
Examine rear cover for any signs of bulging.

hardcoree

May 1, 2015
Yeah, sounds like hardware problem to me also. I was hoping it can be software because all i have to do then is wait for another update. 🤞
Phone charges normally (slowly via laptop) and within one hour when fast charging was working. I was using 25w charger.
There is no bulge on the battery. I had that problem on my xiaomi redmi note 4x, some years ago, so i changed the battery by myself. It was huge.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Yeah, sounds like hardware problem to me also. I was hoping it can be software because all i have to do then is wait for another update. 🤞
Phone charges normally (slowly via laptop) and within one hour when fast charging was working. I was using 25w charger.
There is no bulge on the battery. I had that problem on my xiaomi redmi note 4x, some years ago, so i changed the battery by myself. It was huge.
Yeah I always keep my 10+ in a case. I didn't see the bulge and was living in ignorant bliss for about month trying troubleshoot it.
What a dummkopf I felt like. I was lucky it didn't damage the display.

Top Liked Posts