Question Problem with charging when completely discharged.

Search This thread

Sergykm

Nov 1, 2012
Rivne
Hello from Ukraine guys!
Last times I have one problem with my phone.

When my phone completely discharged and power off after that I cann't charge it.
I tried different cables and power units without any success.
My phone doesn't charge after 5 or 10 or 30 minutes.

But when I go to recovery mode with battery icon on top right corner my phone charging well and I can see percentages of charge and after 5 minutes with 5% I can power on my phone without any issues. After that my phone charging very well, but if I will forget charge it before it completely discharged I have to go to recovery mode to charge it.

Anyone can help me with this strange problem?
I am using last global OxygenOS 12 C.48 with magisk (root).
Thanks.

Hello from Ukraine guys!

When my phone completely discharged and power off after that I cann't charge it.

But when I go to recovery mode with battery icon on top right corner my phone charging well and I can see percentages of charge and after 5 minutes with 5% I can power on my phone without any issues. After that my phone charging very well, but if I will forget charge it before it completely discharged I have to go to recovery mode to charge it.

Thanks.
If you already tried the MSM tool and clean flashed your device, and the issue is still happening, it seems like there is a weird "HW" issue. So, return the device if you still got a warranty on it.

elmarian756

Mar 7, 2016
Hello from Ukraine guys!

Thanks.
Sadly i have the same issue. May i ask if you are rooted? Bootloader unlocked?

Since i am on c.48 my phone doesn't turn off when battery is too low (below 1%)
It can go at least 30 minutes in 1 % and this is not the intended functionality.

Battery needs to keep a reservoir to start charging. If it completely drains it damages itself quickly.

Another problem in my end is that c48 doesn't have offline charging (probably because of magisk).
Offline charging is a mode where the phone charges while is off and shows a battery icon.

So in my current state if my phone goes below 1% and i don't manually turn it off, it will forcefully shut down and after i plug it in it will try to turn on and shut down again unable to start the charge.

Only fix is boot fastboot mode (which uses really low power) and plug in for hours until the battery picks up some more voltage and then turn the phone on to charge normally.

Not hardware related. I have this for a while and i still get 4:30 to 5 hours SOT 100 to 1% and fast charge works ok.

Just don't let it go below 2% and shut it off until a fix comes up

IamTheBRAVE

i still get 4:30 to 5 hours SOT 100 to 1% and fast charge works ok
Just fyi. This is a really bad practice to do regularly. Battery should not go below 15% often or it will ruin the battery life. See screeshot.
Since you have fast charge, it should be easy to charge it before going to sleep.
c48 doesn't have offline charging
@Sergykm since there is no offline charging, try to never let it drain completely

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220522-112632_Battery Guru.png
    Screenshot_20220522-112632_Battery Guru.png
    519.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20220522-112751_Battery Guru.png
    Screenshot_20220522-112751_Battery Guru.png
    802.4 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: galaxys

Sergykm

Nov 1, 2012
Rivne
If you already tried the MSM tool and clean flashed your device, and the issue is still happening, it seems like there is a weird "HW" issue. So, return the device if you still got a warranty on it.
I don't want do it and clean all devices's data, because all working fine except charging in "offline mode".

It can go at least 30 minutes in 1 % and this is not the intended functionality.

Not hardware related. I have this for a while and i still get 4:30 to 5 hours SOT 100 to 1% and fast charge works ok.

Yes, mate I have unlocked bootloader and magisk and c48. My problem is absolutely the same.
It is not a big problem, but sometimes I forget to charge it before it goes offline.
I'm glad to know this is not only my problem. Hope the problem will be fix in future.

Reactions: galaxys

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i still get 4:30 to 5 hours SOT 100 to 1% and fast charge works ok
    Just fyi. This is a really bad practice to do regularly. Battery should not go below 15% often or it will ruin the battery life. See screeshot.
    Since you have fast charge, it should be easy to charge it before going to sleep.
    c48 doesn't have offline charging
    @Sergykm since there is no offline charging, try to never let it drain completely
    I don't want do it and clean all devices's data, because all working fine except charging in "offline mode".

Yes, mate I have unlocked bootloader and magisk and c48. My problem is absolutely the same.
    It is not a big problem, but sometimes I forget to charge it before it goes offline.
    I'm glad to know this is not only my problem. Hope the problem will be fix in future.