Question Problem with constant reboots

Search This thread
I have been experiencing constant reboot, i have tried to logcat them but everytime i try the logcat stops working about 5 minutes before and only starts working again after a reboot.
the phone also shows a negative charge cycle of over -14 milion.
the phone is not overheating and changing custom roms doesnt help. even stock miui has the same problem.
if anyone knows something that could fix the problem it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

Reactions: cyanGalaxy

Zinnz

Aug 13, 2013
Did you experience the same problem?
Yes, I experienced this about 3 weeks ago.

To the best of my knowledge, (hoping someone with more of a technical background can shine some light if i am wrong) I think it's moisture build up.

The only thing I found that made my phone work normally again, was to eject my Sim card tray, and shoot Compressed air into the empty slot for about 20 seconds.

My train of thought, is that the phone isn't very water resistant. I also now try to regularly use my phone without my case once and awhile.

Reactions: cyanGalaxy

Zinnz

Aug 13, 2013
Update: started happening again to my phone, so I curiously swapped mine and my gfs Sim cards. Her iPhone booted up perfectly fine, and so did my poco. Both with full networking.

I took some paper towel and made it flat and took some rubbing alcohol and soaked it somewhat and gave the inside of the Sim card tray a decent cleaning, and cleaned my Sim card with rubbing alcohol too.

I'm leaning towards the sim card going bad, as it's getting up in age (6years) and from what I've read, many off glitches can occur when your Sim card starts going.

I also wonder if the act of inserting another carriers sim card in my phone restarted some things software wise needed for cell service, like switched it to CDMA or something odd like that.

Anyway sorry for the long winded update

Last edited:
Reactions: L8ter and user0u

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update: started happening again to my phone, so I curiously swapped mine and my gfs Sim cards. Her iPhone booted up perfectly fine, and so did my poco. Both with full networking.

I took some paper towel and made it flat and took some rubbing alcohol and soaked it somewhat and gave the inside of the Sim card tray a decent cleaning, and cleaned my Sim card with rubbing alcohol too.

I'm leaning towards the sim card going bad, as it's getting up in age (6years) and from what I've read, many off glitches can occur when your Sim card starts going.

I also wonder if the act of inserting another carriers sim card in my phone restarted some things software wise needed for cell service, like switched it to CDMA or something odd like that.

There's a thread on that here,
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/random-reboot-random-freeze.4491095/

Although it seems to still be a mystery.

TL;DR
    Try some Compressed air inside the ejected Sim card slot / don't use your case for a few days to let phone air out. Seems to have helped me, no problems for a few weeks now

I have been experiencing constant reboot, i have tried to logcat them but everytime i try the logcat stops working about 5 minutes before and only starts working again after a reboot.
    the phone also shows a negative charge cycle of over -14 milion.
    the phone is not overheating and changing custom roms doesnt help. even stock miui has the same problem.
    if anyone knows something that could fix the problem it would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    Did you experience the same problem?
    Yes, I experienced this about 3 weeks ago.

To the best of my knowledge, (hoping someone with more of a technical background can shine some light if i am wrong) I think it's moisture build up.

The only thing I found that made my phone work normally again, was to eject my Sim card tray, and shoot Compressed air into the empty slot for about 20 seconds.

My train of thought, is that the phone isn't very water resistant. I also now try to regularly use my phone without my case once and awhile.
    I think it could be either moisture or dust, maybe even both.
    also thanks again Zinnz, my phone works perfectly again, i might just take off the back if it starts happening again just to find out whats causing it.