• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Problem with CyanogenMod 10.1 Boot Logo

Do you have this problem with your device?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

ebthepcguy

Feb 18, 2013
Granby, MA
I have made an attempt to contact the dev team of CyanogenMod. If they are actually going to fix this, I need everyone else on the same page. Please start reporting this bug to them so they are aware.

Thank you.

ebthepcguy

Feb 18, 2013
Granby, MA
Bizarre Problem

So I flashed CM with BlackHawk kernel. Everything went well, CM functions, boot animation center, but landscape. Me, thinking "maybe if I rotate the boot animation counter clockwise, it will appear portrait." Not that simple. Result is no boot animation and half the screen cut off when fully booted. Also, the device will not lock. I'm still able to ADB into it, but this is really weird and possibly an even bigger bug than previously thought.

Let me know what you think.

-RespawnedEvil

Last edited:

ebthepcguy

Feb 18, 2013
Granby, MA
Known, but CM doesn't care.

I feel CM devteam know that bug, but they think it's not important, and they have more important works to do..

There's a lot more problems with the ROM for the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. If they really feel this way, it just represents carelessness on their end. Anyways, I flashed BlackHawk Next, installed the stock Nexus boot animation (The one before the transforming Google logo) and because it's just an X, it will look center either way. Note that BlackHawk will just force the boot animation orientation to landscape (fixing the problem.)

I also reopened the bug, yet the same person closed it as (Resolved). They know it exists, they don't want anyone to see it though.

At this point, I really don't care about the bug anymore.

Thanks for your support,

Best regards,

-RespawnedEvil

dimfil

Jul 1, 2012
Athens

thiago.email.pinto

Sep 16, 2013
Problem with my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Boot Logo

I have the same problem you guys, the boot logo landscape/portrait error in my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.
Maybe the cyanogenmod team has others problems to resolve, but many people relate this issue with a stability error and then decide to not use the cyanogenmod custom rom.
Regards

dimfil

Jul 1, 2012
Athens
I have the same problem you guys, the boot logo landscape/portrait error in my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.
Maybe the cyanogenmod team has others problems to resolve, but many people relate this issue with a stability error and then decide to not use the cyanogenmod custom rom.
Regards

Then, we should make absolutely clear to everybody that this boot logo orientation matter has nothing to do with any stability issue.
It is only a graphic glitch with no real consequences to rom usage. Anyone will notice that glitch only if staring at screen during boot up...

Sent from my GT-P3110 using tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update: This issue has been resolved in CyanogenMod 11. As of now, there is no 'official' CM 11 for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (GT-P3100, GT-P3110, or GT-P3113), but CodyF86 has a great build of it here. Anyway, here is the commit: (http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/56562/3)

Hey Guys,

Let me first start off by saying this problem in no way effects overall performance and operation of my device. With that being said, this problem is just more of a cosmetic issue with CyanogenMod and the OCD I have towards it. Right after CyanogenMod upgraded from the 10 to 10.1 builds, the boot logo changed from landscape to portrait. What happened with my device (Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113) is slightly odd. The boot logo for CyanogenMod is now stuck in the upper right corner of the screen and appears squished. As I said before, this DOES NOT impact device operation, so if you have another thread to watch, I suggest you do that. But if you are inclined to help me fix this problem, please note that I have already done the following:

• Flashed device to stock ROM using ODIN
    • Re-rooted the device using the auto root tool for this device
    • Flashed CWM Recovery latest version (Touch) using ODIN
    • Re-installed the latest version of CyanogenMod 10.1 Stable

There is an image of the issue attached to this post below if you are interested.

Thank you for your support!

-RespawnedEvil
    Same here.

I rarely reboot the device and it doesn't seem to actually affect the device, so I just ignore it.

LET'S not ignore this bug, as this is not supposed to happen. If anybody else has this issue, please raise your hand and post it here. This has been going for a loong while and needs to be fixed.
    Philz recovery is a must. Otherwise it won't boot. Use the latest version of it.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda app-developers app