Problem with FAP Lock / FRP bypass (SM-G903F) while flashing Lineage OS

Search This thread
I've bought an old Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo (SM-G903F), because I think the S5 is the best smartphone on the world :) And that's not the first time I flashed a phone. In general I flash the phone like it's mentioned on the official website of Lineage. But this time it keeps failing while flashing the recovery with heimdall. The device says "Custom Binary(RECOVERY) Blocked By FAP Lock". After some internet search this is a security feature by Google and the owner has to log in with his Google data to unlock it. Well, like you could guessed it, the seller didn't gave me his Google login data and he said "I did a factory reset, because I don't want others to see my data." A little bit funny, because he has a Google account :D

But okay, I have an S5 Neo with a factory reset, which don't accept the lineage recovery.

Is there a way (for Linux) to get rid off of this Google crap, which is blocking my device?

UPDATE 1 (I still need help):

I've read somewhere in the forum that the "We don't like that you refurbish old stuff"-lock can be removed by flashing stock firmware. So I had to figure out which CSC the phone has, which can be seen in the bottom of the recovery mode (you can see the version of the firmware there, too). After knowing this I went to Galaxy Firmware and found the stock firmware. Because I don't own a single PC with Windows, I tried to flash it with heimdall. But it kept failing for hours! After I found a hacky way to modify heimdall, I was really happy that the flashing worked with the following command:

Bash:
heimdall flash --no-reboot --11 recovery.img --10 boot.img --21 cache.img --22 hidden.img --14 modem.bin --80 sboot.bin --90 cm.bin --SYSTEM system.img

You can figure out the partition identifiers (numbers for each img) by executing
Bash:
heimdall print-pit

Being super exited I've booted into the system only to figure out that Google keeps telling me that the factory reset wasn't allowed by a multi-million dollar company and it still keeps me away to use my own property. :(

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this? Is this really that hard or am I just too not smart to solve it?

Last edited:

WhipWhip

Mar 25, 2022
I think you have to flash first a combination firmware with a bootloader version equal (or newer?) to the currently installed one (stock).

I think you have to flash first a combination firmware with a bootloader version equal (or newer?) to the currently installed one (stock).

What exactly does combination firmware mean? Is is just flashing stock firmware instead of custom firmware onto it?

Thanks a lot for your help. Getting this device running again would save some resources on this planet :)

Reactions: davidbaumann

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What exactly does combination firmware mean? Is is just flashing stock firmware instead of custom firmware onto it?

Thanks a lot for your help. Getting this device running again would save some resources on this planet :)