• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Problem with purple tint and shadow/mixed background on Note 8 Exynos.

Search This thread

garinio

Aug 24, 2017
Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017)
Hello all,

As the title says, I bought this for my brother couple of years ago and now it's showing a purple tint (very obvious when running on white background) and also its like I'm seeing a double image in the background-specifically the image, in this case a guitar, as seen in the back; like it's burned in. Is this a serious issue and can it be fixed? Took it to a store and the guy, immediately told me change screen and it will cost almost as much as a new phone. Just wondering if there is another solution.

Thanks, Gary

1.JPG

garinio

Aug 24, 2017
Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017)
If you purchased this unit 2nd hand, chances are the display has burn-in damage. You could try this app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mert.screenburnfixer&hl=en&gl=US) to see if it will help with the burn in issue. Please note that you should run it for about an hour.

Thanks for the answer. It's from a shop, not 2nd hand. And it happened after 2-3 years of use but not extensive. Talked with Samsung customer service they told me the guarantee is over so nothing can be done. Told them it wasn't my fault if you have faulty hardware that triggers after x amount of time that YOUR machine broke down. It never fell from his hands or anything. Anyways I'll try that app though from what I started reading online, the problem seems to be consistent with many same model phones.