Question Problem with Revolut

Search This thread

churchino

Jul 19, 2015
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
Hi Evenshop.. Same problem for me..
I tried everything but always get stuck at selfie uploading.
I tried:
1 - Clear app cache and data
2 - Uninstall and reinstall app
3 - Download a older version of the app
4 - Update Miui to 13.0.7
5 - Copy ./android/data from previous installation
6 - Logout from older device and retry in the 12su
Nothing helped

I even tried to contact Revolut support yesterday, and this is the answer I received from the support guy:
"I have asked the relevant team to look into your concern and they will soon work on that. Since the process can take a while, they might not respond right away but I can assure you that we will be constantly monitoring your case. As soon as we receive any update either me or one of my colleagues will let you know by responding in this conversation. Should you have an further please feel free to ask".

churchino

Jul 19, 2015
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
Btw.. I also posted a question regarding the problem in the Telegram group t.me/Xiaomi12SUltraOfficial
But apparently nobody in the group is using Revolut. :-(

churchino

Jul 19, 2015
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
It's good to see that I'm not alone. I managed to login using Chrome but it's not a viable solution since you have to login whenever you want to use Revolut...
Sure it's an alternative. I did the same with Firefox.. But for sure not the solution..
If I get any news from Revolut I will post it here..

What if you also open a ticket to Revolut support.. Probably if they get more "inputs" they will solve the problem faster..

TheKitano

Dec 19, 2011
Hi all...

I got the same problem. I found no solution so far. But on an other (bulgarian) forum I found a similar case with another xiaomi phone. In the forum one user wrote that it is due to security restriction on MIUI. So I am not sure if Revolut can solve the problem.

churchino

Jul 19, 2015
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
Hi all...

I got the same problem. I found no solution so far. But on an other (bulgarian) forum I found a similar case with another xiaomi phone. In the forum one user wrote that it is due to security restriction on MIUI. So I am not sure if Revolut can solve the problem.
Hi,
thanks for your feedback.
This sounds a little strange. My previous phone was also on MIUI and had no problems. My wife's phone is MIUI as well and Revolut works fine.
Maybe it's something related to the CN version, but I actually doubt.
What is also strange is that if it would be a MIUI related problem we would probably find many forum talking about it, but this is not the case.. :unsure:

Did you open a "ticket" to Revolut support? If not I suggest to do so. I think that the more they hear from us, greater is the chance that they look for a solution. ;)

churchino

Jul 19, 2015
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
Hi folks.. I tried to install Miui EU today. First thing I tried was to install Revolut and see if the selfie problem was still there.
Sorry to say.. But EU version doesn't solve the problem.. :-(

NVisible

Mar 14, 2013
Hello,

Has anyone tried spoofing their device model/brand?
I haven't rooted mine yet but I am wondering if that would change anything.

Regards

Lil Ray

Dec 22, 2018
OMG...I thought it was just me, that had this problem!! I contacted Revolut, but seeing it's a Xiaomi issue...I don't think they can solve anything...but I'm hoping..

churchino

Jul 19, 2015
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
Hi.. Revolut wrote me again yesterday. Saying they are still "studying" the problem.
I doubt that it's a xiaomi problem, because on another xiaomi device that I have it works without a problem.
I also use other apps that needs selfie authentication on my xiaomi and things work correctly.
I think (and suggested them) that Revolut should implement also an alternative authentication method (like many others banking apps do).
I'll keep you updated if and when they will tell me something.

RSVM

Aug 24, 2022
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
Yes, same here. 12SU China ROM.

On the regular app and the Revolut Business app I get error messages and am unable to get them working on the new phone. All my banking apps and other credit ard apps are working fine. Android Safetynet compatibility test is a straight pass. I made a ticket with Revolut business and will also start one for Revolut personal.

I tried starting a bank account with N26 though, as an alternative, but that also gave an error message. It's a fintech issue somehow.

BTW my previous phone was a mi 10 ultra on china ROM, and the apps worked without a problem, but that didn't run the latest MIUI. So it might be the operating system...

Keep eachother updated!

kreso75

Dec 19, 2012
Zagreb
Hi!
Did anyone got news regarding non working Revolut?
I have xiaomi.eu ROM and the same error after trying to upload my selfie...

RM_8891

Aug 28, 2022
I thought this was just me, hate to say it but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

I have reached out to Revolut and waiting on a response but I suspect this is a security glitch from MIUI, I am running Chinese ROM, disappointed to hear that the problem isn't solved by switching ROMS - let's keep each other posted on this.

gpx

Nov 29, 2004
Larnaca, Cyprus
I thought this was just me, hate to say it but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

I have reached out to Revolut and waiting on a response but I suspect this is a security glitch from MIUI, I am running Chinese ROM, disappointed to hear that the problem isn't solved by switching ROMS - let's keep each other posted on this.
Not working on Mix fold 2 too. I think this is problem with latest MIUI

Reactions: RM_8891

RM_8891

Aug 28, 2022
Definitely sounding like a MIUI issue ....I am new to Xiaomi, are the updates frequent - I have raised tickets with Revolut but going to do the same now with MIUI, if we get enough tickets raised we have more chance of it being resolved fast.

NVisible

Mar 14, 2013
Hello,

I did contact MIUI through the feedback app and I got a reply (in Chinese) which after translating stated the following:
"Hello,
This phenomenon belongs to the application itself, the application is currently being repaired, please wait for the application version update.
Thank you"

Soo I guess they are claiming that it's Revolut's fault xD

Reactions: RM_8891 and geovass

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We (almost) did it guys!

Thanks to all the complaints Revolut has actually done something about this problem. Revolut business is now working on my 12s Ultra (China Rom), Revolut personal though...I managed to get past the selfie(!).....it was verified(!)....and then it loops back to login page :-(.
    But if the Business app is now working it seems like they are on to something and it should be a matter of time. Keep in contact with revolut support, because they are actually helping fix this.
    Yes, I saw that the selfie went through but it's looping. I am harrasing revolut chat support since yesterday :)
    Hello,

I did contact MIUI through the feedback app and I got a reply (in Chinese) which after translating stated the following:
    "Hello,
    This phenomenon belongs to the application itself, the application is currently being repaired, please wait for the application version update.
    Thank you"

Soo I guess they are claiming that it's Revolut's fault xD
    We (almost) did it guys!

Thanks to all the complaints Revolut has actually done something about this problem. Revolut business is now working on my 12s Ultra (China Rom), Revolut personal though...I managed to get past the selfie(!).....it was verified(!)....and then it loops back to login page :-(.
    But if the Business app is now working it seems like they are on to something and it should be a matter of time. Keep in contact with revolut support, because they are actually helping fix this.

I have also raised a ticket with Revolut (it is working on my old device, Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra).