Question problem with "sd card removed unsafely" notification

Search This thread

mghire

Dec 27, 2016
hello, can you guys help with this issue? looks like it is not just an A72 problem, but also on other models.

the notification is very frequent, and happens even while the phone is on standby.

what i tried so far
a 128gb sandisk extreme pro (old phone)
a 64gb sandisk extreme (gopro and camera)
a 64gb sandisk extreme (brand new)
a 32gb samsung evo plus

also

restarting the phone
unmounting the card and restarting the phone
physically removing and card from the phone and putting it back with phone shut off
removing the card and error checking it (in windows, using a card reader) then formatting it
formatting again on the phone
getting into the recovery mode and wiping the dalvik cache
full/factory reset

thread with other experiences here:

mghire

Dec 27, 2016
Receiving the same notification with Samsung Evo 128 GB. The only solution I see as of now is to report the issue in Samsung Members and wait for a bug-fix.
Thanks, After doing 2 reports they told me to get my phone checked at a local samsung service. Seems like they are denying that it is a software issue. I really hope everyone reports it because it doesen't look an hardware issue to me, and I have difficulty on sending it to a local service...

edit. they are DEFINITELY asking me to look for hardware issue...

Last edited:

SkylinesHD

Sep 27, 2016
I have never gotten this notification on my A71 and A72, and I'm using an samsung evo.
Be 100% sure, that it's not hardware fault, before assuming it's the software. Is the SD card really locked in the tray? It shouldn't fall out when rotating the tray upside down. And there should be no dust in the tray also.
The golden connectors on the sd card needs to be clean too, make sure there is no fat/dirt on the golden connectors.

mghire

Dec 27, 2016
I have never gotten this notification on my A71 and A72, and I'm using an samsung evo.
Be 100% sure, that it's not hardware fault, before assuming it's the software. Is the SD card really locked in the tray? It shouldn't fall out when rotating the tray upside down. And there should be no dust in the tray also.
The golden connectors on the sd card needs to be clean too, make sure there is no fat/dirt on the golden connectors.
I assured all that. I even cleaned one of the cards with a rubber then gently rubbed with a clean pieceyof cloth. Today I'm getting a replacement and I will try that. It seems weird that other people around the world are having the same issue after Android 11 update.