• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Problem with triggers Xbox 360 Controllers

Search This thread

kdpkke

Nov 19, 2015
Hello guys, i've got a problem with xbox 360 controller triggers on android games. I've got an OTG and i tried to plug in a wireless xbox 360 ORIGINAL controller and a wired xbox 360 NOT ORIGINAL controller. Both of them works, but have problems with triggers (RT and LT). Triggers aren't recognized at all by any game. I've got a oneplus one rooted with custom ROM Exodus 5.1 with latest open gapps mini. I don't think is a rom problem because i had this same problem with two other roms before. What can i do?

AcmE85

Jan 19, 2012
You have to keep in mind that triggers are technically no buttons (like A,B...).
They are axes and are basically a third analog stick split into two. In the end they are both analog.
On PC, games access the controller via the xinput api (in directx).

This api is just not available under android that's why games don't recognize the triggers as buttons.
There might be a wrapper which could fix this, I don't know.

kdpkke

Nov 19, 2015
thank you for your answer, but i saw some videos in which people use those triggers.... someone else knows how to deal with them?