• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Problem with you HTC10 and need to exchange, You have to make a new order

Search This thread

aknotts415

May 6, 2014
So my HTC 10 has a yellow tint on the screen at the bottom so I want to swap it out for a new one. Their only course of action is to return the old one and place as new order. Giving them another $640. Now I have tied up $1,200 into HTC. I have to pay for and organize my own return label and I also lose out on the overnight shipping I paid on my original order. They won't overnight me the new order, when they should since its their defect. I really do not feel good about trusting HTC/digital river with another $630 hoping my refund and return goes smoothly. Especially after the launch troubles.

Just wanted to give anyone a heads up about the recourse if your htc 10 has a defect or problem. Only process is to return and place a new order and it will cost you another $10 for over night shipping again. So because they made a defect unit it costs me another $10 to get what I ordered and a good unit. I know the process is usually the same with having another hold on my card but I do not like having to pay overnight shipping again. Might just return and jump ship instead of risking more problems.

aknotts415

May 6, 2014
Ah my bad. I should learn to read lol. I'm going to be exchanging mine and cheapest shipping I've found is about $18.

Fedex isnt bad with insurance i think it was $14 I was actually shocked. I used the dimensions of the box they shipped to me. I still cant believe we have to go out and get our own label and everything. Pay for return shipping and pay shipping again on the new order. Its so terrible.

habs101

Dec 9, 2007
Fedex isnt bad with insurance i think it was $14 I was actually shocked. I used the dimensions of the box they shipped to me. I still cant believe we have to go out and get our own label and everything. Pay for return shipping and pay shipping again on the new order. Its so terrible.

I don't think they can afford to send out shipping labels for free.

HTC is bleeding money right now.. according to their latest quarterly

ufopiggy

May 16, 2016
Vancouver, WA
I had to return mine cause the speakers were blown right out of the box. They gave me a free shipping label after I yelled at them enough. I am in the same boat though with having to pay another 600 + shipping and have no idea when they will even send out my order.

Stephen

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee Ban Time!
Staff member
Jul 14, 2010
Northern Ireland
OnePlus 8T
I am very surprised at this. You should have a years warranty on the phone. Now for something like the yellow tint, I could see HTC's point and say that was something like users opinion rather than fault. But for an obvious fault like blown speakers, I would argue that definitely falls under warranty and should definitely be fixed / replaced. What did they tell you guys when you said that you wanted it fixed under warranty?

EDIT: Looking at warranty they class it has a limited warranty! Here is the US document and the UK document

Last edited:

Shanki2k8

Nov 12, 2010
Louisville
So my HTC 10 has a yellow tint on the screen at the bottom so I want to swap it out for a new one. Their only course of action is to return the old one and place as new order. Giving them another $640. Now I have tied up $1,200 into HTC. I have to pay for and organize my own return label and I also lose out on the overnight shipping I paid on my original order. They won't overnight me the new order, when they should since its their defect. I really do not feel good about trusting HTC/digital river with another $630 hoping my refund and return goes smoothly. Especially after the launch troubles.

Just wanted to give anyone a heads up about the recourse if your htc 10 has a defect or problem. Only process is to return and place a new order and it will cost you another $10 for over night shipping again. So because they made a defect unit it costs me another $10 to get what I ordered and a good unit. I know the process is usually the same with having another hold on my card but I do not like having to pay overnight shipping again. Might just return and jump ship instead of risking more problems.

Can you post a picture of this yellow tint if its visible in a photo? I am worried that I might also have this yellow tint after seeing your post

aknotts415

May 6, 2014
​sorry I dont have another camera at the moment. but its def there. I see it a lot on twitter or a white page. Its about a centimeter from the bottom. Yellowish and just not as white as the top. ​

aknotts415

May 6, 2014
I am very surprised at this. You should have a years warranty on the phone. Now for something like the yellow tint, I could see HTC's point and say that was something like users opinion rather than fault. But for an obvious fault like blown speakers, I would argue that definitely falls under warranty and should definitely be fixed / replaced. What did they tell you guys when you said that you wanted it fixed under warranty?

EDIT: Looking at warranty they class it has a limited warranty! Here is the US document and the UK document

how is yellowish tint a users opinion? Thats just plain wrong lol. I paid $600 for my phone it better be as good as everyone elses.

aknotts415

May 6, 2014

I never wanted it fixed. I want a new one. Not one thats pried open.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.