Problems after updating to 11.0.3.3

Supracer

Feb 25, 2012
Hey everyone, I have 2 problems since the update and I don't know what to do....

My first problem since updating is that my alarm sound won't play the tone, like the alarm works but no sound is played no matter the tone I set to and that goes both with Google clock and OnePlus clock.... If the screen is on the alarm does go off like normal, it only happens when the screen is off for more than 10 minutes

My second problem is that whenever I do wake up, no matter the app I open, the app just gets stuck and only restart fixes this problem, any ideas?

Supracer

Feb 25, 2012
Well probably I'll be selling this sucky phone or I'll probably go back to 11.0.2.2........... No matter what I tried (resetting app permissions, downloading other alarm apps, setting different tones) it won't work and I was this close to missing a day's work....

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Hey everyone, I have 2 problems since the update and I don't know what to do....

My first problem since updating is that my alarm sound won't play the tone, like the alarm works but no sound is played no matter the tone I set to and that goes both with Google clock and OnePlus clock.... If the screen is on the alarm does go off like normal, it only happens when the screen is off for more than 10 minutes

My second problem is that whenever I do wake up, no matter the app I open, the app just gets stuck and only restart fixes this problem, any ideas?

That sounds like power saving.

Have you been optimising apps?? If so then that's your issue, simply advise your power settings to not optimise your apps, namely the ones affected.

Are you rooted? Have you adjusted CPU speeds and or governor? Are you in power saver mode?? Could be a custom kernel If you have one installed and or the governor / software used to manage said kernel.

If it's a complete no to all of this then I'd recommend a system wipe in recovery and then set up your phone again, weird issues can happen between updates, ideally a wipe is a good idea for a fresh start.

Your storage will remain unaffected although you'll have to set up your phone and apps again.

Reactions: Supracer

Supracer

Feb 25, 2012
Yep that's what I thought at first, I did remove the power saving/battery optimization but still no avail. Last night I completely wiped the phone, flashed 11.0.2.2 and now everything is working normal. The thing about 11.0.3.3 is that in the notes they did say they "fixed" the alarm for some users and apparently mine broke...

Reactions: LOGMD and dladz

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Yep that's what I thought at first, I did remove the power saving/battery optimization but still no avail. Last night I completely wiped the phone, flashed 11.0.2.2 and now everything is working normal. The thing about 11.0.3.3 is that in the notes they did say they "fixed" the alarm for some users and apparently mine broke...
Strange, I think next time you jump to 3.3 just give your system a wipe in recovery. It'll make sure everything is as it should be.

I've had something similar with WhatsApp. When I leave work sometimes I pop on my location so my other half can see me on the move, but as soon as I locked the screen it stopped reporting, I had to change the battery optimization to "do not optimise" that sorted it for me

Perhaps with the alarm there are some other services that require the same treatment.

PanNet

Feb 16, 2006
Here and There
I have no problems after updated to the newest version (IN2023). There is one problem but it is not related to the particular version - the mobile very easily overheat and I am thinking to get rid of it.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
I have no problems after updated to the newest version (IN2023). There is one problem but it is not related to the particular version - the mobile very easily overheat and I am thinking to get rid of it.
Well that's also not true for me.

I spent over 1 hour playing Mario kart Wii yesterday and my phone never got over 40c lol.

Trying to beat one of the kids

Attachments

LOGMD

Jun 22, 2010
London
Strange, I think next time you jump to 3.3 just give your system a wipe in recovery. It'll make sure everything is as it should be.

I've had something similar with WhatsApp. When I leave work sometimes I pop on my location so my other half can see me on the move, but as soon as I locked the screen it stopped reporting, I had to change the battery optimization to "do not optimise" that sorted it for me

Perhaps with the alarm there are some other services that require the same treatment.
The WhatsApp thing is for a different reason. Android changes the permissions to ask explicitly if you want location access on all the time.

Had the same issue with telegram but the Devs have not updated the apps to ask for background location and it just asks for "location while using" but maps has the "allow always" option.

Until that is solved I would using location sharing in maps, it's annoying that they didn't have a fallback option by default when developers don't update for this.

Attachments

Reactions: dladz and Supracer

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
The WhatsApp thing is for a different reason. Android changes the permissions to ask explicitly if you want location access on all the time.

Had the same issue with telegram but the Devs have not updated the apps to ask for background location and it just asks for "location while using" but maps has the "allow always" option.

Until that is solved I would using location sharing in maps, it's annoying that they didn't have a fallback option by default when developers don't update for this.
Yea it's a massive pain, I just don't optimise it, which is crap because I'd prefer to.