Problems receiving phone calls while on LTE? (SVLTE / CSFB)

Search This thread

SPreston2001

Oct 31, 2009
Columbus
So is Spark widely available throughout the city or just in a few areas? Thats making me want to stay with Sprint!! No telling when Spark will reach Columbus though...

rhe12

Jun 4, 2012
Throughout the city but that was a sweet spot :)

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app

tommason1968

Apr 17, 2011
I have had issues making/receiving calls and data connection issues. I was actually near the sprint store when my data dropped while I was supposedly getting a good lte connection. The employees at the store tools me it was because of the mass amount of people activating their new S5's. I smell BS.
Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app

thesabri

May 5, 2011
So is Spark widely available throughout the city or just in a few areas? Thats making me want to stay with Sprint!! No telling when Spark will reach Columbus though...

who knows but while at the best buy in polaris i was able to receive calls while having lte/cdma network selected where as 3/4 miles from that i have to change to cdma only to get them. ...
so hopefully we will see this very soon

jonathanhtc

Apr 14, 2011
New York
Using just CDMA only is annoying! But it solved the problem... I can receive calls on LTE but when I answer them, I can't hear the person/caller... CDMA only resolved the issue but data is running slower than with Spark.
Hope that Sprint comes with a fix soon.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

theo213

Jan 17, 2011
Nonsense network

Using just CDMA only is annoying! But it solved the problem... I can receive calls on LTE but when I answer them, I can't hear the person/caller... CDMA only resolved the issue but data is running slower than with Spark.
Hope that Sprint comes with a fix soon.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Agreed, my problems have subsided ever since choosing CDMA only but why the he!! have an "LTE capable" smartphone that's incapable of maintaining a data connection and in turn renders the phone incapable of making or receiving calls/texts/emails? #BadForm

skizzled

Jun 17, 2007
Agreed, my problems have subsided ever since choosing CDMA only but why the he!! have an "LTE capable" smartphone that's incapable of maintaining a data connection and in turn renders the phone incapable of making or receiving calls/texts/emails? #BadForm
The phone itself is perfectly capable of doing this. It comes down to whether or not Sprint's network has been upgraded and fully functional in your area.

Give Sprint a call. It's possible that there might be issues somewhere and nobody has reported it yet.

I was having issues with delayed texts but that seems to have corrected itself, for the most part. Calls come in perfectly fine.

InfDaMarvel

Aug 15, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Soooooo has anyone found a solution to this issue around here. After a long hard search through Sprints own forms it seems like I need to find my MSL code and disable the bands on LTE that are not in my area. I'm not sure that ll allow calls in LTE/CDMA mode though. I just came from a 4G phone and now Im using a 3G phone. Sprint just made a phone worse lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I get calls will streaming (slacker) on lte with no problem. So I am assuming, if I am understanding this correctly, that they have CSFB implemented here even though we do not have Spark.
    There is nothing to figure out as far as SVLTE, it's just not gonna happen on Spark phones, it was going to be an engineering nightmare apparently. As far as getting calls while on LTE, unless you put your phone in LTE only mode calls will come through just fine although there may be an additional 1 or 2 second delay vs being on 3G.

Man, that's horrible news... Doesn't sound very kool at all

~Jflteusc on OctOS
    KToonsez Kernel
    1.998 Max ¦ 189 Min ¦ 702 Screen Off
    Ktoonsified v5 Setup
    How does one put the M8 in LTE only mode?

-*#*#4636#*#* (dialer)
    -Phone Information
    -Set preferred network type
    Maas what's up brotha? How ya liking to M8 so far? I'm in BB right now, but something is holding me back from pulling the trigger!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Brah, it's some next level. Sure there's this or that that may not be the best, but round bout pretty nasty. Incremental upgrade from first One, leaps and bounds from evo lte that's for sure. The increments are some how substancial tho. louder boomsound, depth sensor, 90& wrap around aluminum. I say cop it and return in 14 if ya hate it man. check my G+ out, posted way too much about it as far as comparisons go, and I got some pic's I've been taking to show the 4mpxl REALLY ISN"T THAT BAD. Sure it's bad if your photo nut that blows em up huge, or takes pictures from far away and you to crop/zoom into something with high detail, not the camera to use in those repects. But I never need to do taht stuff
    Ok but issnt that how the m8 was designed to work except that sprint forgot their LTE network sucks , I only have 1 bar LTE in my area and that's probably the reason for calls going straight to voicemail and not getting text messages :(

The bars are completely inaccurate when on LTE. The M7 had this problem too until it was fixed by Sprint in the KitKat update, The M8 has this same problem and I'm sure it will be fixed by an update. Basically, even if you have a VERY STRONG LTE signal it will show up as 1 or 2 bars.

This is probably because a -110 dBm signal strength is horrible for 3G, but decent for LTE. The bars need to have different gauges depending on what technology you're connected to.