• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Problems with flashing baseband, and wrong hardware info? Please help...

Search This thread

[SNOW//KRASH]

Jul 12, 2019
Hello!

I have a Redmi Note 6 Pro, which i wanted to update to the latest baseband version (To be able to update Havoc Rom to the latest version, as well).
When i flashed latest version for my phone from xiaomifirmwareupdater.com, the screen started flashing, and touch detection was way off. I solved this by downgrading to an earlier baseband version, but i still want to update it, what can i do?

Another problem (or rather weird occurance) i found while looking into this, is that the "Model and Hardware"-section of my settings show my phone as a "Redmi Note 5". The weird thing is that i do 100% have a Note 6 Pro, i was worried for a while that i had misunderstood what kind of phone i bought, but after checking out both of them on Google images, i am sure :D What can lead to the phone showing the wrong hardware version like that?

I was thinking that these two things were related somehow (that i flashed the baseband for the wrong type of phone) but i am running an older version of the baseband for Note 6 Pro Tulip right now, and that works like a charm, so it's not that.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide, i really just want to upgrade my baseband & rom!