Problems with flashing TWRP

Search This thread

danny2452

Apr 25, 2017
Pune
I have the bootloader unlocked and everything ready to go.
However, when I execute "fastboot flash recovry <recovery_file_name>.img" the first thing that pops up on the cmd is:
(bootloader) has_slot:recovery not found
(bootloader) is_logical:recovery not found

After this it continues the flashing process and finishes with the okay status
However, after rebooting using "fastboot reboot" when I go back into the bootloader and select the recovery option I end up with the droid on his back and an orange triangle with an exclamation mark over him and No Command written under him

Can anyone help with this issue? I really want to flash a new ROM onto my nexus and I also really really want TWRP to work

Thanks,
Danush

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
Have you tried spelling "recovery" with an "e"? :)
It may be that your file name isn't properly spelled. I either rename the image to "TWRP. img" or copy the file name in Explorer and paste it into the CMD window so that there is no possibility of mis-spelling.
And another thought - is the TWRP image in the same directory as the fastboot exe?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sam Nakamura

Didgeridoohan

Senior Moderator / Dev Committee / Dev Relations
Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
Do you have stock Android installed? It will replace any custom recovery with the stock recovery when you boot, unless you've flashed a kernel, mod (e.g. Magisk) or similar that disables that feature.

Don't reboot the device after flashing, boot to recovery instead.

(Don't bother with those "errors", they're just telling you that your device isn't A/B or have logical partitions.)

Edit: oh yeah... Should have checked the link @dahawthorne posted before posting myself. It tells you the same thing. D'oh!

danny2452

Apr 25, 2017
Pune
Do you have stock Android installed? It will replace any custom recovery with the stock recovery when you boot, unless you've flashed a kernel, mod (e.g. Magisk) or similar that disables that feature.

(Don't bother with those "errors", they're just telling you that your device isn't A/B or have logical partitions.)

Edit: oh yeah... Should have checked the link @dahawthorne posted before posting myself. It tells you the same thing. D'oh!

Thanks so much for all the help!! After you mentioned it, it kinda hit me that yeah maybe that is what is happening since I used to reboot the device so maybe it was replacing TWRP with the stock recovery.

dario-20

Dec 19, 2019
Poznań
Hi,

My problem with Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon 625 2,02 GHz and unlocked trying to flash TWRP is like this (phone is in fastboot mode):
PS C:\Users\Dell\Downloads\platform-tools-latest-windows\platform-tools> fastboot devices
55050ae09804 fastboot
PS C:\Users\Dell\Downloads\platform-tools-latest-windows\platform-tools> fastboot flash recovery
fastboot: error: ANDROID_PRODUCT_OUT not set

How can I solve it? Please, help!

antipositive

May 26, 2022

Don't reboot after flashing? Like when i try it says img unsigned or corrupted, and when i try to then boot into recovery via "fastboot boot recovery" i get sent to the normal Android OS, so what im getting from this is that i somehow have to manually get into the "no command" error window and then power+volume up and that just works? Ill test that, would be really awesome if it does.
Oh yea and booting into the twrp image with "fastboot boot twrp.img" sends to normal os aswell btw.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Have you tried spelling "recovery" with an "e"? :)
    It may be that your file name isn't properly spelled. I either rename the image to "TWRP. img" or copy the file name in Explorer and paste it into the CMD window so that there is no possibility of mis-spelling.
    And another thought - is the TWRP image in the same directory as the fastboot exe?