Problems with Galaxy S

Search This thread

veej

Oct 11, 2006
Ok. I have been playing with the Galaxy for the last 3 days and I have a few things that I find quite annoying. Not sure if it is just mine or it is the same with everyone so I just want to start this thread to see. This is my list:

1. Missing emails. I have 1 exchange account and 3 POP accounts set up excluding the Gmail one and have been experiencing a few missing emails. They showed up in my Notebook but not on the phone.
  2. I set the checking interval at 30 minutes but it does not sync. I have to manually refresh it.
  3. There is no setting like in the HTC devices which you can set the size limit and some other options which I felt are important.
  4. Lag is quite a problem with a few different operations, like deleting emails in the trash folder. It can take more than a minute to delete all which is strange.
  5. I went to dinner tonight at a place where the reception is poor. It lost the signal completely and would not even get back on afterwards until I reset the phone

Most of my problems seems to be with the email. Otherwise the device has been good. I hope this is just a problem with my phone so that I can exchange it. Please let me know if any of you guys are experiencing the same thing. Thanks

veej

Oct 11, 2006
Interesting thought. I've never thought about that as it was never a problem with any of the previous HTC Android devices. I will add that to the ignore list and see. Thanks.

veej

Oct 11, 2006
Well, I include the email in the ignore list and it's a little bit better. I am now getting all the emails but I still have to check the email manually. I set the schedule to 30 minutes but it is not doing it. Strange.

Morghus

Nov 21, 2007
This happens to me constantly as well, losing reception completely, even though its supposed to be really good, and the only way to fix it is to reboot the unit.

Does anyone have a clue as to what could be the problem here?

dakine

Nov 13, 2006
I'm glad I moved to gmail, it sounds like the other mail client sucks.

eaglesteve

Apr 7, 2007
Sydney
dakine; said:
I'm glad I moved to gmail, it sounds like the other mail client sucks.

Does this mail client work for non-gmail accounts too? I've tried many mail clients, including K-9, Droidmail, and found them to be too slow for serious use. I really need a higher performance email client.

Last edited:

Dopedangel

Feb 2, 2007
Singapore
You can set gmail to collect from all other email accounts.
I have gmail account to collect from my hotmail and my yahoo account.
It works for me.