Project 7 Nexus One, Double the 7rouble we have a EVOlu7ion

What do you want to run on your phone?

• Total voters
Search This thread

lui22

Jan 27, 2008
LQ
Today is the new rebirth of the Nexus One. The Future is near.
Windows Phone 7 for the Nexus One is up for grabs for any developer who thinks they can handle this feat.
I have built a sister thread to this in the Evo 4g Development site.
Further down is some information of our progress.
We have a small team working on the Evo 4g but we need more people to help work on this for the Nexus One. Think of this as CM7 but instead of AOSP - WP7
EVO

I think I have some sort of structure now. It's insanely buggy. It fails ALMOST immediately. At least it sort of tries to boot WP7... sort of. I still have quite a bit of research and trial and error still to come, but I believe I'm on to something where before I really felt like I was stabbing in the dark. Trap the errors, trap the errors, trap the errors and debuuuuuuuug.

I think I might be going insane haha.......I look forward to the day that I have something worth posting......so shut down....naysayers. We're still a ways from that day still unfortunately.
[.....]My apprearances may be scarce for the next 4 days.......I'll be back for certain.

Opening up a Nexus One thread.

wow holy revers kirfing batman they beat us to it
KIRF=keeping it real fake lol

apocali3

So yeah This is the thread for the Project 7 Evo(Temp. name.) we are currently calling this a Project. We must be patient. This will take several months to complete.
so vote on the Poll what you are wanting to run on your EVO
vote this thread also to be on the front page.
Windows Phone 7 on the HTC EVO 4G, imagine the possibilities

Development so far
Myn(developer)
miphonematt (developer)
Lui22(tester[if the team agrees on it])

PEOPLE WHOM MIGHT BE A GREAT CONTRIBUTOR
Echoside(maybe)
The list will grow

I'd also like to level set with all the folks that are anxious to get WP7 on their EVO. I guarantee you that this is at least 60 days out until it is safe enough for anyone other than the dev(s) to test/flash.

We should add the word "Project" to the Subject of this thread. We should also add the rule "Do Not Ask for an ETA" in Bold, All Caps, bright red text. That is by far one of The Most irritating things to a dev, and I've known it to cause devs to not post progress updates. That is the number 1 rule of etiquette for projects like this. I hope everyone in this thread can understand and respect that.

these changes have been applied for the greater good

overground; said:
We allow these, but do not heavily moderate them. If things turn sour, most we're going to do is close the thread. I recently closed and subsequently reopened one of these....kinda the same policy as the MP...hands off / donator beware.

Overground is also a Sr. Mod. Please do NOT report a bounty thread unless there are flames or someone has been scammed. Other than that, we'll keep a close eye on it.

Nuff said. The moderators.

Dear Devs,
We thank you for your service. We thank you for all the new roms that make our devices unique. We thank you for the apps that you built for us, that make our phones ours not the companies. Because of you we can express our individuality.
With that being said, we ask one more thing from you. We ask you to take our devices to the next level. We ask you to push the borders once again. Let us all come together and create a TRULY COMMUNITY BUILT PORT of WP7 for our devices. A difficult feat none the less, but we can do it, TOGETHER.
Personally I think we can build this project to rival Cyanogen mod, rival not in our perice of software is better then yours but in that the amount of community members and, contributions of sofware, are friendyer and more together. Rivals and friends at the same time.
This is an open bounty for any team of developers that can get a working port of WP7 that boots and can at least have Wi-Fi working.

Last edited by a moderator:

lui22

Jan 27, 2008
LQ
Reserved for Rules
1. No negative remarks
2. Our Purpose here is to help eachother so lets do that.
3. No Gloating.
4. No saying negative remarks about other devs, or community members.
5. Pressing the "Thanks" button every time someone finds something is greatly encouraged.
6. STAY ON TOPIC!!!!
7. Only dev teams can mention anything about license.
8. DO NOT ASK FOR ETA's remember this is a project no guarentee of complete succes....., as of yet
9. Just because you can post does not mean you should do it. Post things that are of some worth to the project

willverduzco

User Experience Admin
Staff member
Apr 30, 2010
Manassas, VA
Thread moved, as there is no active development going on in the thread. Once there is actual development happening in the thread, PM me, and I'll move it.

Wylker

Mar 29, 2010
Seems like you've got a really neat project on your hands but your rules post comes off as really entitled and arrogant. Good luck with your work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today is the new rebirth of the Nexus One. The Future is near.
    Windows Phone 7 for the Nexus One is up for grabs for any developer who thinks they can handle this feat.
    I have built a sister thread to this in the Evo 4g Development site.
    Further down is some information of our progress.
    We have a small team working on the Evo 4g but we need more people to help work on this for the Nexus One. Think of this as CM7 but instead of AOSP - WP7
    EVO

I think I have some sort of structure now. It's insanely buggy. It fails ALMOST immediately. At least it sort of tries to boot WP7... sort of. I still have quite a bit of research and trial and error still to come, but I believe I'm on to something where before I really felt like I was stabbing in the dark. Trap the errors, trap the errors, trap the errors and debuuuuuuuug.

I think I might be going insane haha.......I look forward to the day that I have something worth posting......so shut down....naysayers. We're still a ways from that day still unfortunately.
    [.....]My apprearances may be scarce for the next 4 days.......I'll be back for certain.

Opening up a Nexus One thread.

wow holy revers kirfing batman they beat us to it
    KIRF=keeping it real fake lol

apocali3

So yeah This is the thread for the Project 7 Evo(Temp. name.) we are currently calling this a Project. We must be patient. This will take several months to complete.
    so vote on the Poll what you are wanting to run on your EVO
    vote this thread also to be on the front page.
    Windows Phone 7 on the HTC EVO 4G, imagine the possibilities

Development so far
    Myn(developer)
    miphonematt (developer)
    Lui22(tester[if the team agrees on it])

PEOPLE WHOM MIGHT BE A GREAT CONTRIBUTOR
    Echoside(maybe)
    The list will grow

I'd also like to level set with all the folks that are anxious to get WP7 on their EVO. I guarantee you that this is at least 60 days out until it is safe enough for anyone other than the dev(s) to test/flash.

We should add the word "Project" to the Subject of this thread. We should also add the rule "Do Not Ask for an ETA" in Bold, All Caps, bright red text. That is by far one of The Most irritating things to a dev, and I've known it to cause devs to not post progress updates. That is the number 1 rule of etiquette for projects like this. I hope everyone in this thread can understand and respect that.

these changes have been applied for the greater good

overground; said:
    We allow these, but do not heavily moderate them. If things turn sour, most we're going to do is close the thread. I recently closed and subsequently reopened one of these....kinda the same policy as the MP...hands off / donator beware.

Overground is also a Sr. Mod. Please do NOT report a bounty thread unless there are flames or someone has been scammed. Other than that, we'll keep a close eye on it.

Nuff said. The moderators.

Dear Devs,
    We thank you for your service. We thank you for all the new roms that make our devices unique. We thank you for the apps that you built for us, that make our phones ours not the companies. Because of you we can express our individuality.
    With that being said, we ask one more thing from you. We ask you to take our devices to the next level. We ask you to push the borders once again. Let us all come together and create a TRULY COMMUNITY BUILT PORT of WP7 for our devices. A difficult feat none the less, but we can do it, TOGETHER.
    Personally I think we can build this project to rival Cyanogen mod, rival not in our perice of software is better then yours but in that the amount of community members and, contributions of sofware, are friendyer and more together. Rivals and friends at the same time.
    This is an open bounty for any team of developers that can get a working port of WP7 that boots and can at least have Wi-Fi working.
    Reserved for Rules
    1. No negative remarks
    2. Our Purpose here is to help eachother so lets do that.
    3. No Gloating.
    4. No saying negative remarks about other devs, or community members.
    5. Pressing the "Thanks" button every time someone finds something is greatly encouraged.
    6. STAY ON TOPIC!!!!
    7. Only dev teams can mention anything about license.
    8. DO NOT ASK FOR ETA's remember this is a project no guarentee of complete succes....., as of yet
    9. Just because you can post does not mean you should do it. Post things that are of some worth to the project