Project Black - T-Mobile

Search This thread

NSGJDAWG

Aug 27, 2009
Akron
Anyone hurd about it? Or no what it is? If its 50$ a month for everything unlimited then I am deff going to stay with tmobile. My bill is 105$ for my g1 and that's only 600 anytime mins with unlimited data pack. If that's the case this is really going to be cool!

JoshHart

Mar 15, 2006
California
www.twitter.com
I think its going to be something like that, i haven't seen anything announcing an exact price yet but I've seen the documentation that makes it appear this is the idea of it. Should be cool. I don't know how you guys are paying over $100 though unless you got some crazy family plan, I have 1000 anytime, unlimited nights and weekends plus G1 plan and my bill doesnt come to $80 for my G1, my MyTouch is on my dealer line so that's only $20 =)

mr2man07

Feb 26, 2009
Not to be an asshole or anything, but I pay $110 for my girlfriend and my Palm Pre's (which we will soon be getting Hero's).

1500 minutes shared, unlimited mobile to mobile, data and text. Plus ~1.5mbps download speeds all over Des Moines.

T-Mobile had horrible coverage and speed out here so I switched, and love Sprint. This is for people on the edge about thinking if they want Sprint or not.

phatmanxxl

Dec 30, 2008
I give you 6 months tops before your kicking yourself for using sprint, have fun paying when your bill gets higher and higher with no explaination.

I have ulimited mins, data, free roaming, messaging for 110 but almost twenty of it is taxes, thank obama for the tax hike. it used to be under 100. I'm on a customer loyalty plan since I been with tmo since '03

50 a month is better than my 89 a month though, ill have to check this out.

Last edited:

mr2man07

Feb 26, 2009
I give you 6 months tops before your kicking yourself for using sprint, have fun paying when your bill gets higher and higher with no explaination.

I have ulimited mins, data, free roaming, messaging for 110 but almost twenty of it is taxes, thank obama for the tax hike. it used to be under 100. I'm on a customer loyalty plan since I been with tmo since '03

50 a month is better than my 89 a month though, ill have to check this out.

Been with Sprint 2 years, and quite the opposite happened. From $150 before, now to $110. In a sense, unlimited minutes as well, i've used 25 minutes of my 1500 due to the new unlimited mobile-mobile.

NSGJDAWG

Aug 27, 2009
Akron
Hmm seems to me that t-mobile is scamming me then lol. A lot of it has to deal with taxes which sux but its what ever. I changed my plan so its 10$ cheaper lmao. Sux because where I work they had to cut hours big time so now I don't have enough cash to pay my bill so I'm gonna probrally get a late charge. I really hope that project black is what I think because its going to save me a lot of money.

brummiesteven

Aug 29, 2008
Birmingham
lol not to be a ***** but... Not only did I get a FREE G1 but my plan is only £35 ($57) a month, one of the most expensive UK tarrrifs with 800 Minutes, Unlimited Texts and Unlimited Internet. 3G Is pretty much standard in the UK, I don't have HSDPA yet though... unsure weather the G1 supports it =/

lol not to be a ***** but... Not only did I get a FREE G1 but my plan is only £35 ($57) a month, one of the most expensive UK tarrrifs with 800 Minutes, Unlimited Texts and Unlimited Internet. 3G Is pretty much standard in the UK, I don't have HSDPA yet though... unsure weather the G1 supports it =/

Wow. thats a good deal.

Ihave been on EVERY netowork there is in the USA in the past 13 years.
By a FAAAAAAAAR margin, Tmobile is the best I have had. 3mb download/500kb upload anywhere I go, Never 1 dropped call, never an overage....
Sprint, verizon.... I would sometimes get no signal at all. ATT/cingular.... what a joke lol

My bill is $67 a month. I have G1 data/text plan, 300 anytime (i hate talking on the phone. despise it) unlimited night,weekends and my faves. Considering I hate talking on the phone, and when I do I only talk to a few people, the my faves thing saves all my minutes lol.

philje123

Dec 6, 2006
Paderborn
Woah! You guys pay way too much for your mobiles!

As said before in the UK I pay £30 a month (48 usd) with a free G1 and with £140 of allowance (220 usd) a month to spend on any mix of mins/txts/pic messages and unlimited data (good UMTS/HSDPA where I live too).

How come it is so expensive over there for mobile phone tariffs?!

phamous

Sep 23, 2009
Irvine, CA
Woah! You guys pay way too much for your mobiles!

As said before in the UK I pay £30 a month (48 usd) with a free G1 and with £140 of allowance (220 usd) a month to spend on any mix of mins/txts/pic messages and unlimited data (good UMTS/HSDPA where I live too).

How come it is so expensive over there for mobile phone tariffs?!

that's the trend of the US market, for a while now.
Competition for products and commodities raise prices for everyone. Some people think that all 4 major carriers somewhat conspire to keep prices high, but relatively the same on all carrier to milk us customers for all our money.

philje123

Dec 6, 2006
Paderborn
Is there some kind of middle body to regulate prices? We have Ofcom here and they keep all the telecoms companies in check.

There has recently been a big thing over here with Ofcom saying that we pay too much for our phone services and the mobile networks seem pretty competitive with each other and always driving each others prices down and mobile deals up.

There are some real deals to be had still here with mobiles. My partner is only paying £20 a month for a free Nokia E71 with 200 mins, unlimited txts and unlimited internet which is dirt cheap really!

Phil

brian_v3ntura

Jan 8, 2008
Jacksonville , FL

the prices of tmobile UK certainly does sound good...but! what you get for some things kinda blow.

if you really look at the fine print... tmobile UK unlimited data for android actually has a data cap of 3gb per month

while the data for tmobile US for android has 10gb cap per month.

i can easily use up that 3gb.

phatmanxxl

Dec 30, 2008
with all the browsing, radio streaming, downloading I do from my phone, I can easily blow through 3 or more gigs in a day. thank god for unlimited data

there are other smaller carriers who are cheaper than the big dogs. criket, boost, metro pcs to name a few
I know criket has an unlimited voice and text for $45 (tax included) a month, only thing is they use kyocera, lg and moto. just ugly cheap phones, no good smartphones, but you can flash other cdma smarphones to use on criket. I heard the process is a pain though.

Last edited:

cigar3tte

Mar 11, 2009
How can anyone pay over $100/month for a single line? My bill is $185/month, and that's with 5 lines on the family plan, 700min shared anytime, unlimited text on all 5 lines, and 2 lines on it have unlimited data.

brummiesteven

Aug 29, 2008
Birmingham
the prices of tmobile UK certainly does sound good...but! what you get for some things kinda blow.

if you really look at the fine print... tmobile UK unlimited data for android actually has a data cap of 3gb per month

while the data for tmobile US for android has 10gb cap per month.

i can easily use up that 3gb.

They don't do anything if you go over 3GB. Its a "Fair Usage Policy". If you were maxing it out and affecting other users (if that's even possible) then they start moaning and try and get you to pay another £5 for the 10GB fair usage policy but in effect they can't actually do anything, they can't cut you off or charge you extra, just ask you to cut down or upgrade (which of course the average customer would feel like they are obliged to).

@phillje123 : Our contracts used to be like the American scheme, fortunately in the early 00's Pay As You Go (Prepay, whatever you want to call it) hit the UK and Europe big time and everyone was purchasing payg phones instead of contracts. This forced the phone companies to dish out free phones and a load of minutes/texts to try and get people to go back to their contract.

brian_v3ntura

Jan 8, 2008
Jacksonville , FL
with all the browsing, radio streaming, downloading I do from my phone, I can easily blow through 3 or more gigs in a day. thank god for unlimited data

there are other smaller carriers who are cheaper than the big dogs. criket, boost, metro pcs to name a few
I know criket has an unlimited voice and text for $45 (tax included) a month, only thing is they use kyocera, lg and moto. just ugly cheap phones, no good smartphones, but you can flash other cdma smarphones to use on criket. I heard the process is a pain though.

like i said....nothing is unlimited.

tmobile US still has their android phones capped off at 10gigs

AverageCanadian

Jun 7, 2009
Blarg, I'd be happy to take American prices. Instead in Canada we get it the worse.

$30 for data, if you're lucky you got it during the 6gig promo deal, if not you get 1gig of data for $30 a month.

Cheapest voice plan is $17.50 which gives you 150 minutes but that is the EPP plan, cheapest advertised plan is $25 a month.

We all get charge S.A.F. 6.95 and 911 $0.50 fee on top of all of our plans.
There is no such thing as free long distance.
We pay for incoming and outgoing minutes
Call display and voice mail are not included in our plans and are $12 extra.

If you're lucky enough you can all retentions and for $65 cdn get, 250 minutes, unlimited after 6pm calling, 100 LD minutes, 1(or 6 if promo is running) gig of data, voice mail, call display, saf/911 fee and unlimited text.

Then our overages on data are: First 60MB overage is $0.50, then remaining overages drop to $0.03 per megabyte. So for the first GB over it'll be a charge of $58.20 to a max of $500.

Oh did I mention all of your phones come with 3 year contracts?

If you're not lucky enough to get in while teh 6gig promo is on, this is what you can expect to pay.
rogers-october-data-pricing.jpg

Last edited: