[Project] Blackstone-Android Project

Which Kernel Should Be Used

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

BigDaemon

Mar 20, 2008
ok, nice that anyone has picked up the project, but some more information would have been nice :)

1337_V1k1n6

Jan 26, 2007
Nice to see someone is still working on this. I have been following the development since it was started, and would really like to help. However my programming skills are litterally non-existent, so probably not much I can do apart from cheeering you on? beta testing? let me know..

Cheers

Kenia1234

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2008
Finally,
Some people like myself too, were hoping in that. A full working version of android on the touch HD...Good luck...and post your results...we would be really pleased to test...

ataide26

Mar 8, 2009
tuxhero - Your the man

Hi tuxhero,

Touch HD is a very good device, but windows is not a good SO.
We all know windows, slow, always crashing...lost os bugs...
Android in Touch HD would be real great.
I'm available to do developments, testing, anything.
Try to describe really well, provide helpful link....you know info that can help...
I'm joining this TEAM TUXHERO ANDROID BLACKSTONE
It seams that at least now things are going on the right track, we have people working.

See you my friend...You are the man!!!

johnpatcher

Jan 5, 2008
Why is Windows not a good OS? I'm not a fan at all, but such statements are simply not true. Furthermore you should consider that Windows has nothing to do with Windows Mobile ...
Mine isn't crashing that often, isn't slow and I haven't noticed any bug so far.

Just to make it clear: I don't want to hamper the development. In fact I would love to see an alternative to Windows Mobile, but saying things like above aren't the right motivation!

tammis

Feb 17, 2009
Brighton
Windows Mobile - even in 6.5 version is good couple years behind functionality of Android or Iphone OS. It was build for PDAs or Pocket PC and it was working perfectly fine for those devices.
BUT for HTC Blackstone - it is not suitable, yes TouchFlo is making this beautiful phone usable, but its only thanks to it one can appreciate it's functionality.
That is why I would LOVE to see Android working on Blackstone.
So thank you for trying. I will be among the first people that will test it whenever you will make it available. [I am just a phone user/gadget lover - so can't help more than that;)]

Terrorhuhn

Mar 2, 2009
Hi tuxhero,

Android in Touch HD would be real great.
I'm available to do developments, testing, anything.
Try to describe really well, provide helpful link....you know info that can help...
I'm joining this TEAM TUXHERO ANDROID BLACKSTONE
It seams that at least now things are going on the right track, we have people working.

See you my friend...You are the man!!!

I don't think that WM is a bad OS.

Ok, the shipped ROM of my HD was... omg it was horrible.
But when I look at the actually cooked ROMs, they are very fast and stable.
There smoothnes is almost as good as the Iphone's one.

I think all OS's has there positive and negative aspects:

WM is not the userfriendliest, but fully customizeable!
Iphone OS is very userfriendly, but its customizeable like a Gameboy (Customizeable don't means installing different programms)
Android is an alternative to both OS. Userfriendly and customizeable. So if anyone isn't that happy with WM, Android is an good alternative.

I would support this project with all I'm able to.

Greets

tuxhero

Jun 16, 2008
Hyderabad
abimanyu.in
Is it possible to extract the kernel from the HTC Magic ROM and test it on our Blackstone?

It is possible but you don't need to extract it we already had source code so we can compile it. But the problem is blackstone is not designed to run Android
that changes lot of things. Now our task is to find what we need to change n change it.

ddhb

Dec 24, 2008
Ottensheim
So you said that you are using the android-msm and not the htc-msn kernel for now.

What kernel did xmoo and obus(?? not sure about the name ^^) use? The htc-msm?
Is the android kernel as good as working as the version from obus/xmoo, or is it working better in the moment?

Sry for my english *g*

Status
Not open for further replies.