• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Project] Bring back the old Android Ticker even on Android 8 and above!

Search This thread

joaomgcd

Aug 21, 2012
IMPORTANT: You need these for this to work:
Tasker beta
AutoNotification Beta
AutoTools

Links are in the Taskernet link.

Remember the old Android ticker?

You can now bring it back with Tasker!
Check it out:

You can import the project here and play around with it: http://bit.ly/taskerticker

Let me know how it works for you and if there's anything I could do to make it better! :)

Enjoy!

Last edited:

francop311

Sep 12, 2007
Hi

I was able to import the profile and all is working. However, I use to see my battery icon on the top right, however this disappeared. How do I get the icon back?

joaomgcd

Aug 21, 2012
I have to run ADB command for this to work?
Yes, to hide the status bar icons.

Hi

I was able to import the profile and all is working. However, I use to see my battery icon on the top right, however this disappeared. How do I get the icon back?

All the icons should be brought back once you run the Status Bar Icons action with no values set. Does that not happen for you?

Is there a way to make it work this on SDK29?

What exactly isn't working about it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IMPORTANT: You need these for this to work:
    Tasker beta
    AutoNotification Beta
    AutoTools

Links are in the Taskernet link.

Remember the old Android ticker?

You can now bring it back with Tasker!
    Check it out:

You can import the project here and play around with it: http://bit.ly/taskerticker

Let me know how it works for you and if there's anything I could do to make it better! :)

Enjoy!
    Yes I am. Here are the screenshots of what I am talking about.
    Any help is greatly appreciated. I tried making a screen to replace the status bar when when a message comes in but to no avail.

I see. Unfortunately unless that app that makes those icons show up has some kind of way of being controlled through Tasker there's no way to make them go away. Maybe you can ask the app's developer?