• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Project] [CAF] [X52X] Overdose Kernel v3.1 [Discontinued]

Search This thread
Overdose v4.0 Beta 24
By OverdoseTeam

Changelog :-
- Remove Fingerprint Boost
- CPU BOOST (TouchBoost)
- Improve Deep Sleep
- UX Improve
- Wakelocks Switch
- Faster Boot
- Upstream Linux Version
- PowerTweaks
- Some Optimizations

Download >
https://app.box.com/s/40otxpkrf9km63ozp3hf95cj2tmim3bz

Reason Why I Post Beta ?
Due I Had To Posepone My v4.0 Release
Cause Im Busy

Last edited:

Sam aka

Dec 17, 2016

FridrufHau

Jan 3, 2017
Come on Mr. Darkness everybody here said yes we like your work. For sure there are lots of Eui users now. It is always a thrill for us noobs to change os. But if Leeco is going down, without any more updates, they will come one after another and updates are already rare to find. But you seem to think about stop your project often. So if this is not your thing any more, you should continue with your other stuff and we all wish you the best.

But if I would be at your point of knowledge I would lough about haters and make hundreds of people happy who appreciate my hard work. :highfive:

zogu

May 5, 2011
Belgrade
Xiaomi Poco F3
Overdose Kernel Is Now Discontinued

Reason?
90% Le 2 users are eui
Le 2 doesnt deserve to have custom kernel cuz EUI WINS

Those Losers
Keep Saying Bad **** About Me
Me personally switched to eui. Camera and charging are only reasons.
Everything else is better in LOS with your kernel.
Battery last almost 24 hours for example.
Please publish camera fix from telegram overdose group and most of us will switch to nougat.
I can try to write flashable zip which deletes with dd command problematic part from persistent.
I forgot, but i think that is possible to use dd in twrp scripts.
Your kernel rocks, but i'm aware that there is no many users.
Anyway this is all hobby, you didn't compiled this kernel because of money, glory, you build it for yourself and thank you very much for sharing with us :)

Reactions: RoguishOfficial
Me personally switched to eui. Camera and charging are only reasons.
Everything else is better in LOS with your kernel.
Battery last almost 24 hours for example.
Please publish camera fix from telegram overdose group and most of us will switch to nougat.
I can try to write flashable zip which deletes with dd command problematic part from persistent.
I forgot, but i think that is possible to use dd in twrp scripts.
Your kernel rocks, but i'm aware that there is no many users.
Anyway this is all hobby, you didn't compiled this kernel because of money, glory, you build it for yourself and thank you very much for sharing with us :)
That not a proper fix

Sent from my X527 using XDA Labs

Reactions: zogu

piku 123

Jan 11, 2013
Overdose Kernel Is Now Discontinued

Reason?
90% Le 2 users are eui
Le 2 doesnt deserve to have custom kernel cuz EUI WINS

Those Losers
Keep Saying Bad **** About Me

Main reason people are moving to EUI is because of camera but latest version of Lineage has pretty stable camera no force close and flash do works, only thing this ROM has issue is low battery led doesn't blinks and flashlight from notification works sometime.

lineage has average battery life this is the main reason you should keep this project alive i already PMed you some tweaks for interactive did you use them those tweaks vastly improves battery and you can tweak interactive with glassfish tweaks these tweaks provides superb battery backup.

Also by default overdose kernel change selinux to permissive could you use enforcing instead people can themselves tweak that with linux se changer

CAF kernel by codeworks is problematic it decreases brightness your previous kernel were based on linero which was far better .

Last edited:
Main reason people are moving to EUI is because of camera but latest version of Lineage has pretty stable camera no force close and flash do works, only thing this ROM has issue is low battery led doesn't blinks and flashlight from notification works sometime.

lineage has average battery life this is the main reason you should keep this project alive i already PMed you some tweaks for interactive did you use them those tweaks vastly improves battery and you can tweak interactive with glassfish tweaks these tweaks provides superb battery backup.

Also by default overdose kernel change selinux to permissive could you use enforcing instead people can themselves tweak that with linux se changer

CAF kernel by codeworks is problematic it decreases brightness your previous kernel were based on linero which was far better .
Lol Firstly it wasn't kinda because of eui i wanted to stop this project is because of some eui users

CAF Kernel By Codexworkx has issue it due to LeEco Messy Source Code which break everything
And No Linaro & UberLinaro Are Same
Yes I Do Agree Linaro GCC 4.9 Are Better Than UberLinaro 4.9
But Now I Have Switched to UberLinaro 6.3.1 On v4.0 Which Way Better

FridrufHau

Jan 3, 2017
Hey, I have the problem that in lakku Los 13 with new security patch, I am loosing camera with overdose kernel 3.1 and 4.

It is my typical lineage 14 problem that I just have a frozen picture with tone by recording 4k video. The problem occurs not after phone boot up, but after a while of phone is on.

:(

Could you give us a version where selinux is strict please? I think I can't change it without root.

Last edited:
Hey, I have the problem that in lakku Los 13 with new security patch, I am loosing camera with overdose kernel 3.1 and 4.

It is my typical lineage 14 problem that I just have a frozen picture with tone by recording 4k video. The problem occurs not after phone boot up, but after a while of phone is on.

:(

Could you give us a version where selinux is strict please? I think I can't change it without root.
Losing Video Recording Are Normal Due To The Broken
LeEco Source To Make CAF Kernel

Use stock kernel if u want to use Recording

FridrufHau

Jan 3, 2017
Jippi 4k is available now with footej on Los13 and working always it seems, nice. No rom seeking for the next two months, I'm tired, thx Mr. Darkness Killer

Rahul98076

Oct 19, 2014
Hey Mr. Darkness killer
Your kernel is awesome. Many of us really appreciate your work. There will always be haters out there to spoil your hard work but what must be done is to ignore them n move ahead. So I request you on the behalf of everyone who uses this kernel to kindly resume work n re upload link for the 4.0 beta you posted a few days ago.:fingers-crossed::D

sopx

Jul 3, 2016
Is sweep to wake possible on this kernel? I can't access fingerprint sensor or power button to wake up screen when the phone is in my phone armband, and I really like this kernel.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It Finally Here! The Overdose CAF Kernel For Le 2 (Snapdragon)
    This Kernel Only Works On 7.x Roms!

Thanks to all the kernel developers for those features, special thanks to codexworks for making lineage for le 2.

Kernel Features:
    Added Some Great Governors!
    Added Maple,FIOPS,zen & Much More Schedulers!
    Tuned Interactive!
    NTFS, exFAT, EXT filesystems support.
    Adreno idler
    Savoca's kcal color control, full control over colors
    Based Of CAF
    Optimizations (Ofast & Much More!!)
    Fingerprint Boost
    Compiled with UberTC 4.9 aarch64 toolchain.

Flashing Instructions -
    Prefer flashing over your rom's stock kernel for best results
    Download Overdose Kernel
    Make backup of boot in twrp
    Now, wipe dalvik cache and cache
    Flash the kernel zip and reboot

In case the kernel doesn't boot, you can restore your boot partition from twrp and you will not lose any data.

Donate To Me -
    Paypal

Download Here

XDA:DevDB Information
    Overdose Kernel S2, Kernel for the LeEco Le 2

Contributors
    DarknessKiller, francisofranco, LLJY, codexworkx, rohitjaiswal, Rishabh Rao
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/OverDose-Kernel/[/URL]

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.1
    Stable Release Date: 2017-06-23

Created 2017-05-11
    Last Updated 2017-06-23
    A Small Info!

Eui Variant Is Coming On Release 3

But i have still no eta when i will release v3

Sent from my LeEco Le 2 using XDA Labs
    Changelogs -

Release v3.1
    Added Fingerprint Boost
    Removed Impulse,Ironactive
    Added Hyper,Wheatley
    Add More Optimizations
    And Many More!

Release v3.0
    Rebased Of CAF
    Retune Everythings
    Tuned Interactive

Release 2.0
    First Release On XDA
    Latest Source Code
    Fix Some Crappy Junks
    Tuned Interactive

Release 1
    First Release (Private On Telegram Group)
    Version 3.0
    Is Now Uploaded

CAF REBASED!!

Sent from my LeEco Le 2 using XDA Labs
    @DarknessKiller
    Hi there, after a long time...
    Great work you are doing here...

Now, regarding work, i am not getting much time nowadays to maintain my NetHunter Kernel with all the latest CAF rebase and updates...

I would like to merge NetHunter into your Kernel...

If you have no problems with this, let me know... I will send some safe pull requests to enable HID & Wlan Adapters support for NetHunter....

Please ask me if you have any questions regarding if this will affect stability or something and i would be happy to help...

Also, if this goes on well & we have Overdose compatible for NetHunter, i will make this the default kernel for NetHunter, again with your permission of course...

Cheers.
    Have a nice day ahead..:):cowboy:

Sent from my X526 using XDA Labs