Project Location Based Reminder for Mobile

Search This thread

anaadoul

Dec 8, 2008
Riyadh
Greetings,
i have started the project "Location Based Reminder for Mobile" which i will work on during my free time.
the Application will work like the Built in Tasks of Windows, but reminders are based on a Location Instead of Date/Time.

LBRM V0.1:
- Detecting the Cell ID and displaying it on the screen.
- Creating Tasks in the Default Tasks Application with Own Tags.

Next :
- Add Recoding Cell IDs to a Location Category Functionality.
- Add Reminding Functionality.

This Application Requires Microsoft .Net Compact Framework 3.5 to be installed.
Note: This Application is still under development and it is not functional at all.
Please don't attempt to install on your device if not participating in testing.

Warning: This application is provided as is, no warranties or support. i take no responsibility of anything or any damage done by this software or any part of it.

Attachments

• LBRM_Installer.CAB
    646.5 KB · Views: 118

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
This is a wonderful idea. if it can work with the default tasks application.. and maybe, if you can talk to s.l.i to integrate it with Thumbcal, it will make a FINE tool i'm sure.
I would definitely use such a tool as most of my tasks are based on location rather on time.

by the way, as a reference, you can look for rk-Locswitch which is an application which does the same thing... but is meant to be a complete app with a whole lot of additional features, some of them.. not needed by some people.

anaadoul

Dec 8, 2008
Riyadh
Actually, i'm preparing the beta version to be released soon,
but the application will have it's own interface and store the tasks in the windows tasks application
i don't know if it is possible to add this functionality to the existing tasks plus it might be complicated.

let's see how we can improve it, but first i'm willing to release a beta.

an.t

Nov 5, 2008
I'm looking for similar program quite long time but without success. Hope you will finish your GOOD idea. On my SE X1 it has detected the Cell ID and displayed it on the screen. Looking forward next release.

sudermatt

Nov 26, 2003
thousand oaks
May the Lord bless your efforts. I've been searching forEVER for an app. I will test this with Gusto!

Hmm...OK...sorry, thought this was GPS. Good Luck anyways, fine sir.

Last edited:

Seraph321

Dec 10, 2007
Still working on this? I've been looking for an app that would do location reminders based on outlook tasks. I want to enable the following use case:

1.Remember to do something at home while at work.
2.Create a task in outlook and categorize as "Todo @Home"
3.Phone syncs task.
4.When I go home, the application monitoring my location sees that I'm there and scans my tasks for any active tasks with the @Home category.
5.My phone reminds me of the task.

Any chance of doing that?

crypta

is it possible to get somwhere the regionaldata (like gps) of a cellID... maybe some opendatabase. THAT would be great... pointing somewhere in google maps (or equivalent), quering cellID<->geodata server... assigning cellID towers.. DONE :).