project SLIMBOX

Search This thread

ddogishere

Nov 9, 2013
I think 🤔 most do.. there may be some 905x4(?) from Slimhouse with locked or encrypted bootloaders. You would need to research on his web site or fourms.

(TWRP does not need root to run, from what I've read.)
Thanks. Which forums? I tried but couldn't find a way to contact slim. That is why I'm trying here. Btw thank you you've been so kind trying to help me.

Reaper Man

Dec 22, 2021
Telegram Chat (first page)

4Pda forums (Google for info ... XDA rules) :giggle:

Reactions: ddogishere

sarigol45

Aug 18, 2014
IMG_20220730_211321.jpg
IMG_20220730_211347.jpg

@SlimHouse
Hello, can you help me, I wrote from telegram, no one helped you. The device in the picture is S905 X3 4Gb ram 32Gb rom. I have the slimbox 12.2 ported software of the device. I have the current original software on my device ugsbx_x96max_plus2_pie_042_8.
I tried img but the screen and remote didn't work. All other functions are working. Can you edit the current rom file on this slimbox site. I changed the control tab files, it doesn't work on the screen

device factory original rom

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OO38OQMB-5MD18IV7D0TKbh2qTeA6B2B/view?usp=drivesdk

Slimbox edited 12.2 atv rom running

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OUm9aUx0P1N3jiu1b4ZXyO2LYyyUiSmJ/view?usp=drivesdk

The current remote screen not working rom on Slimbox site is in this link

"Plus2_4GB" pie https://disk.yandex.ru/d/bfDLcq07tZP5bA

Last edited:

iagv

Jul 31, 2021
Hi @SlimHouse and team: I have one of these S905X4 boxes X94 X4, 4/32 1Gb LAN.

I would like to know if someone has tested slimbox Fw on this device. factory FW is really limited and have issues playing Dolby content ( not passthru via my TV to AV nor direct SPDIF to AV receiver) Actually OS does not show or report Digital audio capabilities at all.

Any guidance is appreciated

G.G.

Hotrod369

Jul 6, 2020
Bristol TN
Hi @SlimHouse and team: I have one of these S905X4 boxes X94 X4, 4/32 1Gb LAN.

I would like to know if someone has tested slimbox Fw on this device. factory FW is really limited and have issues playing Dolby content ( not passthru via my TV to AV nor direct SPDIF to AV receiver) Actually OS does not show or report Digital audio capabilities at all.

Any guidance is appreciated

G.G.
Slimbox doesn't have a custom ROM listed for that box. All they have for download is the official firmware. If you try to load the X96 max that is made for an S905X3 CPU you're going to brick it. The box you gave the link to has the S905X4 in it. Here's a link to the Slimbox page for this box.

iagv

Jul 31, 2021
Slimbox doesn't have a custom ROM listed for that box. All they have for download is the official firmware. If you try to load the X96 max that is made for an S905X3 CPU you're going to brick it. The box you gave the link to has the S905X4 in it. Here's a link to the Slimbox page for this box.
Thanks for reply and advice. I noted not custom one, but wanted to check due scope at beginning of thread.

Any idea on how to enable these audio controls? I know that running Coreelect actually the box does passthru, so it seems more a SW/FW issue that a HW limitation.

Will continue to be tune for other custom FW. Thanks all.

Hotrod369

Jul 6, 2020
Bristol TN
Thanks for reply and advice. I noted not custom one, but wanted to check due scope at beginning of thread.

Any idea on how to enable these audio controls? I know that running Coreelect actually the box does passthru, so it seems more a SW/FW issue that a HW limitation.

Will continue to be tune for other custom FW. Thanks all.
You could try turning off Dolby and using the Viper4Android apk.

Those who cannot assign software to the H96Pro_Plus and Alfawise models can download the software in the link I gave.​

H96 Pro plus Версия прошивки: 14.7 DDR3, DDR4 Patch

Hey man thanks for the heads up

works great, i flashed it on my H96 Pro Plus CZ-S32-v2.2 (DDR3, 3GB/32GB), Kodi audio passthrough works perfectly for my Vizio sb36512-F6 (even Dolby TrueHD works!).

Slimbox has more settings to tweak than Aidan's V9 rom and the audio passthrough isn't working in V9. IR remote works too.

using the default installed, Smartube though cannot log in to my account? any fix?

sesdave

Dec 5, 2011
Just installed latest slimbox vontar X4 asop v 16.3.4 on my HK1 RBOX X4 with 1000MB Ethernet. Seems to run a lot better than initial 2 versions. I will stick with it and see how it goes. That said I only use my boxes for IPTV streaming so be good if someone else gave it a proper workout and post some feed back.

Reactions: LITUATUI

raruba

Sep 9, 2020
Just installed latest slimbox vontar X4 asop v 16.3.4 on my HK1 RBOX X4 with 1000MB Ethernet. Seems to run a lot better than initial 2 versions. I will stick with it and see how it goes. That said I only use my boxes for IPTV streaming so be good if someone else gave it a proper workout and post some feed back.
Well I have a transpeed x4 so I might give the 16.3.4 a try on it, but I must tell you 16.3.3 wasn't very good at all.

raruba

Sep 9, 2020
IS anyone having issues with the x88 King firmware, my 15.2 is working great but tried 15.3 and having all kinds of issues.
Also having some of the same issues with BeeLink GT king 15.3.
Thanks for any replies.

pdeki12

Feb 15, 2011
Hello to all,
I need a litle help. I have "Mecool km9 pro" 2/16Gb android box with ir remote. This is the only remote controller I have. I do not have bluetooth remote. I never have. When I flash Rom for my box,
from 4pda forum, after boot logo and android animation, next screen is for pairing bluetooth remote. On screen message is to press two buttons simultaniosly on my bluetooth remote to pairing remote and box. Since I do not have
such a remote, this is step I can not pass. Is there solution for my problem, or is there another rom compatible with Mecool KM9pro and My IR remote controller. Someone mention to pair my android phone as remote,
which I tried without success. Pairing is impossible becouse I can t enter pin. I can not enter any pin.
Please advise

sesdave

Dec 5, 2011
Well I have a transpeed x4 so I might give the 16.3.4 a try on it, but I must tell you 16.3.3 wasn't very good at all.
Latest now 16.4 - I just installed the aosp version using burning tool 3.1. Finally adaway apk working using root blocking cos magisk installed on 16.4. Thats a good start for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: LITUATUI

Hotrod369

Jul 6, 2020
Bristol TN
Hello to all,
I need a litle help. I have "Mecool km9 pro" 2/16Gb android box with ir remote. This is the only remote controller I have. I do not have bluetooth remote. I never have. When I flash Rom for my box,
from 4pda forum, after boot logo and android animation, next screen is for pairing bluetooth remote. On screen message is to press two buttons simultaniosly on my bluetooth remote to pairing remote and box. Since I do not have
such a remote, this is step I can not pass. Is there solution for my problem, or is there another rom compatible with Mecool KM9pro and My IR remote controller. Someone mention to pair my android phone as remote,
which I tried without success. Pairing is impossible becouse I can t enter pin. I can not enter any pin.
Please advise
If the factory remote doesn't work after you flashed a ROM to you box you most likely used the wrong ROM. Here is the correct ROM for your box if it has the S905X2 CPU. You'll also find the original firmware on this page. You'll need to use a translator.

raruba

Sep 9, 2020
Latest now 16.4 - I just installed the aosp version using burning tool 3.1. Finally adaway apk working using root blocking cos magisk installed on 16.4. Thats a good start for me.
How is everything else working? Go into the setting and see if everything is working...I might give it a try if its working.

sesdave

Dec 5, 2011
How is everything else working? Go into the setting and see if everything is working...I might give it a try if its working.
Like what? . I use my boxes for showing IPTV streaming . The apks I need install from playstore and work. Volume works. Adaway now works. Few third party IPTV apks I use work. Suggest best install try it see if it meets your personal requirements. KODI I never use - same Gallery and Youtube so cant comment but I will be buying a few more HK1 X4 as 16.4 on the face of it meets my needs for my sportbar. I will replace the HK1 X3s with them. I like the fast bootup - useful if you have lot people watching a game and need reboot

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have never done an SD flash using slimbox but if I did I would be selecting erase in total...

Leaving Burn Card Maker at default settings (normal in erase) is enough, if you want to preserve you apps then uncheck erase flash option, as you said USB Burning Tool and cable is recommended way to flash..
    J'ai une tvbox Android alwinner Q+ 6k 4/64 4x CPU cortex-a53 GPU mali-t720mp2 je voudrais savoir si c'est s605 x2 ou bien s605 x3 ? Dites moi SVP quel firmware lui passer merci d'avance pour votre réponse ....
    English please
    Allwinner is not amlogic?
    Hello, where can I edit the display files of my x96 air s905x3 device in slimbox rom?

I threw a slimbox compatible rom to the device, the factory rom display is working and I have the files

Compatible with S905x3 air p3 rom device. I edited remote control files. Display clock screen does not work
    This is totally DIY
    Sites with lots of info 4pda :geek:
    Freaktab

I always flash this way - some may do slightly different but this always works for me

Get a Dual ended USB cable. Plug one end in one of your PC USB slots
    Download and extract correct img. file for your box - important as X96 max plus has many versions
    Install Amlogic burning tool 3.2 on PC - start it
    Load img.file
    Hit start
    On box insert toothpick in AV slot till reset button clicks and hold down
    Insert USB cable end into one of the USB slots on box (which slot depends on box) - release toothpick
    Should connect and start to flash - if not repeat actions eg remove USB - Toothpick hold down insert USB (maybe try different slot ) until it does
    Many many thanks!
    I'm about to get a dual ended USB for make the process.

Some questions:
    - I confirmed with "Device Info HW" that my X96 is "Plus2 M" (with the RTL8211F 1000Mb & 4Gb). But in the slimboxtv web there are two files: "atv" and "aosp". There are no info or explanation of what file may I download.
    - Anyone knows if this rom will give me the correct widevine for play at least 1080p on netflix app?

Thanks!!
    Best you google - lots of info re differences. I personally like the flexibility of aosp. Try both - see what suits you best
    RY51YwF.png

project sliMBOXtv

Multimedia firmware for TV boxes with Amlogic S912, S922X, S905X2, S905X3, S905X, S905W, S905Y2 processors

slimBOXtv ATV and PIE are two custom firmwares suitable with some modifications for many android TV boxes.
    The main ATV firmware is installed via UBT.

Version 15.3

• Corrections for cursor and font selection
    • Russian translation has been added to the settings
    • Fixed program display (PIE)
    • Additional options in Device settings - Power
    • Added voice Ugoos default search
    • Systematic amendments

Cumulative patch for SLIMBOX

New changes:

Contains:

Supported TV boxes

SLIMBOX ver 8

• Updated google services and apk
    ВЂ Returned the choice in the settings of a dark or white theme
    • Returned additional image settings
    • Updated firmware
    • In AOSP, I returned the recent stocks and closed the menu button
    • Added debug settings
    • Added additional power settings
    • Various system corrections
    I have found out how to root SlimRom with Magisk:

1. Root SlimRom via the settings
    Then you will have "Superuser" rooting.

2. Install TWRP
    You don't need to, but you can install your TWRP image permanently via the TWRP app:

3. Extract boot.img
    You need to extract "boot.img" in TWRP:
    Code:
    cat /dev/block/boot > /sdcard/boot.img

4. Patch the stock boot.img with Magisk manager app
    Install Magisk manager apk.
    Press the upper install button and select the stock boot.img.
    Magisk will create a patched boot.img.

5. Now unroot in SlimBox settings

6. Flash the patched boot.img in TWRP by selecting install, then image, then choose the file, to "boot"

7. Finally flash Magisk.zip in TWRP

Thats it.
    14.7 is out!!!
    3. Extract boot.img from stock firmware
    You need to have a stock rom for your device.
    Ideally a zipped rom, so that you can extract the "boot.img" out of it.

In case you have an img-file, than you need to extract "boot.img" out of it via Amlogic toolkit:

By this you can extract the stock boot.img from the stock firmware.

This is only good for android 7 images, Android 9 (which most people are using) is totally different.
    To root slimbox you only need patch the current boot.img
    In twrp :
    cat /dev/block/boot > /sdcard/boot.img

Then use magisk to patch the img

Reboot to twrp

Flash the patched boot.img to boot.

Reboot