project SLIMBOX

Search This thread

sarigol45

Aug 18, 2014
View attachment 5677275View attachment 5677277
@SlimHouse
Hello, can you help me, I wrote from telegram, no one helped you. The device in the picture is S905 X3 4Gb ram 32Gb rom. I have the slimbox 12.2 ported software of the device. I have the current original software on my device ugsbx_x96max_plus2_pie_042_8.
I tried img but the screen and remote didn't work. All other functions are working. Can you edit the current rom file on this slimbox site. I changed the control tab files, it doesn't work on the screen

Trident Android TV T527 Smart Android BOX Operating System: Android 9.0 1.5 GMHZ Amlogic S905X3 + Core 12nm Cortex-A55 s-A55 18400 DMIPS GPU: Mail-G31 Dvalin MP2, 850MHZ 4 GB DDR3 1600MHZ RAM Memory 32 GB EMMC Internal Memory HD Output TV+ OTT Platform 1xUSB 3.01xUSB2.0 IR receiver module Support Voice Remote Control 4k HD at 4k/2K @ 75fps Realtek RTL8822CS at 8k X 4K @24fps IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2T2R WIFI MP3, AAC, WMA , RM, FLAC DC 5V/2A

device factory original rom

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OO38OQMB-5MD18IV7D0TKbh2qTeA6B2B/view?usp=drivesdk

Slimbox edited 12.2 atv rom running

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OUm9aUx0P1N3jiu1b4ZXyO2LYyyUiSmJ/view?usp=drivesdk

The current remote screen not working rom on Slimbox site is in this link

"Plus2_4GB" pie https://disk.yandex.ru/d/bfDLcq07tZP5bA
@gjwa yzma

Last edited:

gjwa yzma

Dec 23, 2021
The device's display screen and remote control, the device's bluetooth and wifi are working
Okay have read/viewed all post

No FrontDisplay/LED /clock
you will not have.
As well as remote control compatible
These are 2 most common issues.

These functions are mapped to T527 Vendor...
Slimbox does not have that China Box to Port/Test
So we test a file that is closest in Hardware to the T527..
Ethernet
Wifi
Blutooth

No front display is not that bad.
I prefer it that way.

I use K400 plus keyboard to navigate China Box
Also turn on CeC in settings maybe your TV remote will work it often does.
Or use air mouse or other to navigate

Good luck

Happy Testing

sarigol45

Aug 18, 2014
Okay have read/viewed all post

No FrontDisplay/LED /clock
you will not have.
As well as remote control compatible
These are 2 most common issues.

These functions are mapped to T527 Vendor...
Slimbox does not have that China Box to Port/Test
So we test a file that is closest in Hardware to the T527..
Ethernet
Wifi
Blutooth

No front display is not that bad.
I prefer it that way.

I use K400 plus keyboard to navigate China Box
Also turn on CeC in settings maybe your TV remote will work it often does.
Or use air mouse or other to navigate

Good luck

Happy Testing
The display of the device should not work, I want to operate the original remote control in the current slimbox atv or pie software

gjwa yzma

Dec 23, 2021
The display of the device should not work, I want to operate the original remote control in the current slimbox atv or pie software
Okay that is alot of extra work.
This is why I use K 400plus or / other
Then iam up n running/testing right away.
Maybe follow mAtvXk suggestions.
Extract from working 12.2 n replace.

Also if you are familiar with Coreelec
There is repositories for remote control

Amlogic remote.conf

Or maybe is Meson IR
You will need KEYMAP file
rc_maps.cfg etc.

Credit to Betatester

More good luck

Happy Testing

sarigol45

Aug 18, 2014
You are doing something wrong, buy air mouse as was suggested, or even better X96 Max plus remote controller from AliXpress, as you have already tested almost all SBX firmwares for this device.

Any particular reason that you don't use SBX 12.2 ported firmware if everything works ?
sbx 12.2 working software atv pie sbx i want new software

pdeki12

Feb 15, 2011
If that didn't brick it you are lucky. I've never had a failed flash part way in not brick a box. But if it does brick it's easy enough to unbrick these boxes. If you knew what remote.conf file it needs I've found a pretty decent remote.conf repo on Telegram.
I did bricked my box once, but I was able to reflash ROM i mentioned earlier. This rom worked, I got logo, android animation, but before everything, before letting me to set wifi, there is message (and picture) on the screen guiding me to setup bluetooth remote. As I mentionrd before I dont have bluetooth remote, only Infra Red. And this is dead end for settning box. I tried several Roms, few of them partialy worked (wifi did not work, bluetooth, and remote, IR remote) after attaching USB keyboard, I was able to install some apk, but that is it. It is obviesly that is not rom for my Mecool KM9 pro 2Gb/16Gb box. If you have some other rom, or some advice what to do it is highly appreciable

Hotrod369

Jul 6, 2020
Bristol TN
I did bricked my box once, but I was able to reflash ROM i mentioned earlier. This rom worked, I got logo, android animation, but before everything, before letting me to set wifi, there is message (and picture) on the screen guiding me to setup bluetooth remote. As I mentionrd before I dont have bluetooth remote, only Infra Red. And this is dead end for settning box. I tried several Roms, few of them partialy worked (wifi did not work, bluetooth, and remote, IR remote) after attaching USB keyboard, I was able to install some apk, but that is it. It is obviesly that is not rom for my Mecool KM9 pro 2Gb/16Gb box. If you have some other rom, or some advice what to do it is highly appreciable
Give me all the specs for the box and open it up and give me pics of both sides of the board and I'll see if I can find the right ROM for it.

pdeki12

Feb 15, 2011
Give me all the specs for the box and open it up and give me pics of both sides of the board and I'll see if I can find the right ROM for it.
Ok. I will, as soon I come home from my office. Thank you in advance for assistance

Here it is. This is my android box. Top and bottom.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20220815_160834.jpg
    MVIMG_20220815_160834.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
  • MVIMG_20220815_160925.jpg
    MVIMG_20220815_160925.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Reactions: Hotrod369

techdimi

Jun 1, 2016
Can someone help with TWRP and Magisk ? Maybe step by step instructions on how to install TWRP and magisk permanently.

My device is A95X F3 with minislimtv version: 028.2. I can run twrp from this guide

Instruction :

1. Download TWRP .
2. Copy to SD card or flash drive.
3. We go into the stock recovery.
4. We move to the item " Apple update from EXT "
5. Then to " Update from sdcard or Update from udisk " depending on the location of the downloaded TWRP .
6. Find the downloaded TWRP and select it.

How can I make it permanent to boot twrp recovery or is it not possible ?

Also how can I install magisk so I can use it to hide some apps ? I tried to patch the boot image from twrp and patch it from magisk but nothing happened. It does not work

Last edited:

Reaper Man

Dec 22, 2021
slimBOXtv ATV AOSP version 15.4

Changes:
• Amendments to the installation of fonts, cursors
• WebView 103.0.5060.71 from LineageOS
Installer of APK files with displaying the number of the current and updated version of the application
• Activation of ATV UiMode for programs in settings (AOSP)
• Activate bootvideo or bootanimation in settings
• Update built-in applications
• System corrections

Download ATV or AOSP

Reactions: Hotrod369

sesdave

Dec 5, 2011
Just installed latest aosp 15.4 on my HK1 X3 1000MB - tried with flash not tcked so I could keep data. Previously not had any issues with this soft method. Flashed OK but root wouldnt install. Reflashed with flash ticked - all good just a bit more work to setup again. Thanks for the regular updates of this excellent firmware.

Last edited:

Hotrod369

Jul 6, 2020
Bristol TN
Ok. I will, as soon I come home from my office. Thank you in advance for assistance

Here it is. This is my android box. Top and bottom.
Try this ROM it's the only one I could find that I think should work on your box. That board being a 2GB+16GB is quite rare.
Source Freaktab:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have one N5 max X3
    How can I check what's chip version RTL8211F/Cdtech 4761743/Unisoc uwe5621ds?
    View attachment 5703079
    Apps like aida 64
    HW+
    CPU-Z
    Don't always display true values

Best is to take box apart
    Physically examine/view chipset/PCB

Happy Testing
    I have never done an SD flash using slimbox but if I did I would be selecting erase in total...

Leaving Burn Card Maker at default settings (normal in erase) is enough, if you want to preserve you apps then uncheck erase flash option, as you said USB Burning Tool and cable is recommended way to flash..
    J'ai une tvbox Android alwinner Q+ 6k 4/64 4x CPU cortex-a53 GPU mali-t720mp2 je voudrais savoir si c'est s605 x2 ou bien s605 x3 ? Dites moi SVP quel firmware lui passer merci d'avance pour votre réponse ....
    English please
    Allwinner is not amlogic?
    Hello, where can I edit the display files of my x96 air s905x3 device in slimbox rom?

I threw a slimbox compatible rom to the device, the factory rom display is working and I have the files

Compatible with S905x3 air p3 rom device. I edited remote control files. Display clock screen does not work
    This is totally DIY
    Sites with lots of info 4pda :geek:
    Freaktab

I always flash this way - some may do slightly different but this always works for me

Get a Dual ended USB cable. Plug one end in one of your PC USB slots
    Download and extract correct img. file for your box - important as X96 max plus has many versions
    Install Amlogic burning tool 3.2 on PC - start it
    Load img.file
    Hit start
    On box insert toothpick in AV slot till reset button clicks and hold down
    Insert USB cable end into one of the USB slots on box (which slot depends on box) - release toothpick
    Should connect and start to flash - if not repeat actions eg remove USB - Toothpick hold down insert USB (maybe try different slot ) until it does
    RY51YwF.png

project sliMBOXtv

Multimedia firmware for TV boxes with Amlogic S912, S922X, S905X2, S905X3, S905X, S905W, S905Y2 processors

slimBOXtv ATV and PIE are two custom firmwares suitable with some modifications for many android TV boxes.
    The main ATV firmware is installed via UBT.

Version 15.3

• Corrections for cursor and font selection
    • Russian translation has been added to the settings
    • Fixed program display (PIE)
    • Additional options in Device settings - Power
    • Added voice Ugoos default search
    • Systematic amendments

Cumulative patch for SLIMBOX

New changes:

Contains:

Supported TV boxes

SLIMBOX ver 8

• Updated google services and apk
    ВЂ Returned the choice in the settings of a dark or white theme
    • Returned additional image settings
    • Updated firmware
    • In AOSP, I returned the recent stocks and closed the menu button
    • Added debug settings
    • Added additional power settings
    • Various system corrections
    I have found out how to root SlimRom with Magisk:

1. Root SlimRom via the settings
    Then you will have "Superuser" rooting.

2. Install TWRP
    You don't need to, but you can install your TWRP image permanently via the TWRP app:

3. Extract boot.img
    You need to extract "boot.img" in TWRP:
    Code:
    cat /dev/block/boot > /sdcard/boot.img

4. Patch the stock boot.img with Magisk manager app
    Install Magisk manager apk.
    Press the upper install button and select the stock boot.img.
    Magisk will create a patched boot.img.

5. Now unroot in SlimBox settings

6. Flash the patched boot.img in TWRP by selecting install, then image, then choose the file, to "boot"

7. Finally flash Magisk.zip in TWRP

Thats it.
    14.7 is out!!!
    3. Extract boot.img from stock firmware
    You need to have a stock rom for your device.
    Ideally a zipped rom, so that you can extract the "boot.img" out of it.

In case you have an img-file, than you need to extract "boot.img" out of it via Amlogic toolkit:

By this you can extract the stock boot.img from the stock firmware.

This is only good for android 7 images, Android 9 (which most people are using) is totally different.
    To root slimbox you only need patch the current boot.img
    In twrp :
    cat /dev/block/boot > /sdcard/boot.img

Then use magisk to patch the img

Reboot to twrp

Flash the patched boot.img to boot.

Reboot