project SLIMBOX

Search This thread

tombraga

Jan 24, 2017

download twpr what I gave. put them on the flash drive
enter your recovery first, select "apply update from ext" and select "from udisk" and select twpr what I sent.
you must have a mouse plugged in and back up all original software there .
and when you do, install the slimbox you want to do the first turn on as you see the system. turn off soft and do it again as described earlier, only restore vedor partitions
:)

@lukaknw

I worked with restoring vendor, now i got root and the remote also works, thanks a lot

Last edited:

hesel

Mar 15, 2009

Thank you for your interest in helping me, and sorry for my late answer.

1. Yes, I have that box with 32GB ROM.
2. No, I haven't tried that ROM. Tried some others and had to short pin the board. I've read most positives for the Slimbox ROM, so I wanted to try it myself, for with original ROM I have some issues (might not be the software problem). Don't have much free time these days so I went back to original ROM, sadly, till I free some time for this box again.

eArmin

Jul 6, 2010
eArmin.com
Not certain what version of slimbox you're running. But I have the same box and with version 9 or version 10.4 I did not have the problem you're having.

But you have both the TVs volume and Android box volume that you must adjust. I did enable viper and loaded the Dolby digital pro logic convoluter.

But basically you can just turn on viper for your speakers and adjust the output gain the master gate to a higher level to get more volume and not set any of the other settings.
Thanks friend. Activating Viper and enabling Gain option fixed the problem. I couldn't find the Dolby option.

Rainey222

Oct 17, 2020
Thanks friend. Activating Viper and enabling Gain option fixed the problem. I couldn't find the Dolby option.
There was a video that showed you how to do it in version nine but sometime at the middle of version 10 they started including the files and change the viper version. There is a link to video instructions on page one of this thread under download. But the link to download the impulse files no longer works.
The First link under the video on youtube site you can download the file that are needed to be able to select the Dolby digital option in the older versions of slimbox with viper.

Last edited:
Reactions: eArmin

I1V1A1N

Sep 12, 2016
github.com
Will this work out of the box for s912? Is there a major difference then a9
There are ports from s905x2 to s905x. You need to read reviews from Mecool km6 android 10. And others that are already on android 10. I don't have boxing with s912 and I can't say anything about it. Although I know there are ports on 4pda.Of course, it takes time to adapt.

Reactions: eagledipesh

eagledipesh

Jan 8, 2011
There are ports from s905x2 to s905x. You need to read reviews from Mecool km6 android 10. And others that are already on android 10. I don't have boxing with s912 and I can't say anything about it. Although I know there are ports on 4pda.Of course, it takes time to adapt.
GSI should be the answer, if the vendor partition is kept as it is....
Did you mean there are A10 ports for A10, are these ATV or normal?

I1V1A1N

Sep 12, 2016
github.com
GSI should be the answer, if the vendor partition is kept as it is....
Did you mean there are A10 ports for A10, are these ATV or normal?

This thread has ports for s912:
Of course ATV is difficult to make from AOSP, but there is already an open gapps tv stock for Android 10:
And tv mini.

eagledipesh

Jan 8, 2011
This thread has ports for s912:
Of course ATV is difficult to make from AOSP, but there is already an open gapps tv stock for Android 10:
And tv mini.
Thanks this is super exciting, gapps atv won't install directly on AOSP, it will fail validation on installation

jaytec0007

Mar 27, 2017
Hi the 10.7 version for x96 mini and tx3 mini don't work on tx3 mini with dual wifi ap6330
The burning process goes without any problem but box wont boot.
Still best firmware for other boxes
Jay

jaytec0007

Mar 27, 2017
I've been able to find 10.6 and 10.7 for tx3 mini on 4pda but for the 2018 version if someone need it with lcd working but still looking for 2019 version with dual wifi ap6330, wont boot on 2019
Jay

shados78

Mar 12, 2011
After update to 10.7 I have problem with remote and volume control by HDMI CEC - I have no volume control on externat devices, only by android volume control. In addition, the keys that I remapped using Button Mapper have stopped working in the remote control - the keys that were mapped are now not detected at all, for example, system windows appear.
I have the impression that in the new update the control of external remote controls, other than the factory ones, has been broken.

raruba

Sep 9, 2020
SlimBox, just want to let everyone know, I just updated my X88 King S922X from 10.6.1 to 10.7 and everything works great but the front display stays on BOOT all the time, won't go out even when I turn the box off. Still checking everything else but seems to be working real good so far.

Goku_0101

Jul 15, 2012
北京
likeadog.me
I have a question, how can I distinguish between X96 Max+ Q1, Q2 the the old models?
I bought a 4G+32G one, and the seller said it's 1 gig wired network port, but I'm wondering which ROM should I choose? 4GB, Q1 or Q2?

krabat

May 16, 2007
Thank you for your interest in helping me, and sorry for my late answer.

1. Yes, I have that box with 32GB ROM.
2. No, I haven't tried that ROM. Tried some others and had to short pin the board. I've read most positives for the Slimbox ROM, so I wanted to try it myself, for with original ROM I have some issues (might not be the software problem).Don't have much free time these days so I went back to original ROM, sadly, till I free some time for this box again.

Hallo,

so when you have time to send the result of the flashing of the rom...
I am fighting against this box too. I have already tried many roms, sometimes lcd doesn't work, sometimes remote controll,
but I bought the box for playing PUBG Mobile and with stock roms game installed and start successfully, but panda mouse pro crashes
and with some custom roms is panda mouse pro oki but PUB Mobile cannot start with no compatible error :-(
Koumeles

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    11.1 is out. I think slimbox should sincerely consider in providing their updates via "OTA update" or something similar inside the android eco-system without the need of brute force installation, given their updates are regular!!!

Anyway nice job ;)
    Disable Viper
    I have one box running 10.4. in the beginning only just after booting the box up did the screen have the white border flash two or three times. But lately after the recent Google software update from the Play store it's doing what the op said, while watching a movie in an app it'll flash a few times randomly I have no idea what is triggering it or what's causing it , but it's happening a half dozen a dozen times a day now while watching the box where it only used to happen just after booting up. Something changed , most likely it's in the Google updates that have come out in the last few months there's been three different updates of webview, Google, Android TV remote, Android TV core ...

I would like to know what causes it also, I have turned on afrd again but that don't change in the middle of a movie and my TV displays the change that's not happening with the white flash boarder.
    Maybe it's ViPER4AndroidFX related. Disable Viper in apps. If that doesn't work try to disable the system bars in slimbox settings. I have them all disabled but sometimes i enable the top one to monitor temps, but the autohide setting doesn't work on some video apps , so when watching videos i disable everything in system bars.
    RY51YwF.png

project SLIMBOX

Multimedia firmware for TV boxes with Amlogic S912, S922X, S905X2, S905X3 processors

SLIMBOX ATV and AOSP are two custom firmwares suitable with some modifications for many android TV boxes.
    The main ATV firmware is installed via UBT or using a microSD card.

Version 10.7

• Changed hdmi cec settings
    • Removed hibernation
    • Updated built-in applications
    • System amendments

Cumulative patch for SLIMBOX

New changes:

Contains:

Supported TV boxes

Firmware for installing UBT
    • S905X3
    N5MAX-X3
    Beelink GT1 Mini2 v204P0
    H96 Max X3, HK1 Box, Vontar X3, Transpeed X3 Air, Bqeel Y8 Max
    H9-X3, TranSpeed-X3-Pro, IE-X3-Air
    X96S tv Stick 4/32
    A95X F3, A95X F3 AIR, A95X F3 SLIM
    X96Max-Plus-2G, X96Max-Plus-4G-32-64
    X96Air P1, P2, P3, P4, V2
    Tanix TX3 BZ, QZ
    T96Z
    Tanix TX5 PLUS
    Kingnovel X10 MAX
    TOX1 TV Box

• S905X2
    Beelink GT1 Mini 007P0 lp (first revision)
    Beelink GT1 Mini 007P0 nlp (second revision)
    X96MAX old revision

• S912
    TANIX TX9S
    Ugoos AM3
    MECOOL M8S PRO 3/32
    MECOOL BB2 и PRO

• S922X
    X88 King

Firmware for installation with batch file
    Okko Smart Box

Download

Contacts

My download Slimbox FirmwareV10.7 update Firmware to A95X F3 AIR 4G+64G ROM TVBOX
    1.Bluetooth devices function is disabled not working and Turn on.
    2.Miracast App function also is disabled not connect to Windows PC but WIFI device function is OK.
    What are some ways to solve these problems?
    Thanks
    No not yet. My box is now not working because I cannot flash anything. Did you find any other solution?
    Search on Google NAND Chip Mask ROM, you will have to shorten 02 pins of your device's nand for the PC to recognize
    Does anyone have the old Google Drive download link that lists all supported boxes and their archived versions?
    Do you mean this link?
    RY51YwF.png

project SLIMBOX

Multimedia firmware for TV boxes with Amlogic S912, S922X, S905X2, S905X3 processors

SLIMBOX ATV and AOSP are two custom firmwares suitable with some modifications for many android TV boxes.
    The main ATV firmware is installed via UBT or using a microSD card.

Version 11

• Extra settings - quick access to additional settings
    • Configurable volume bar orientation
    • Clock in the status bar with seconds
    • Ability to change the priority of Dolby Vision graphics
    • Adjusting the font size in the settings
    • Returned corrected advanced hdmi cec settings
    • Updated CastReceiver in settings instead of Airscreen
    • Returned advanced Bluetooth settings
    • Replaced the launcher with Launcher3QuickStep, applied a dark theme (PIE)
    • In the Recent Applications window: pressing the Menu button will close all tasks, pressing the UP button will close the selected task (PIE)
    • Applied dark theme for LogViewer
    • Changed the loading animation in the status bar
    • Changed toast to dark theme
    • Added modules gameport.ko, hid-ps3remote.ko, hid-sony.ko, xpad.ko
    • Added support for aptX HD Bluetooth protocol
    • Included 4xMSAA - fixes micro-freezes in dynamic scenes
    • Updated themes
    • Updated google services
    • Updated firmware

Cumulative patch for SLIMBOX

New changes:

Contains:

Supported TV boxes

SLIMBOX ver 8

• Updated google services and apk
    ВЂ Returned the choice in the settings of a dark or white theme
    • Returned additional image settings
    • Updated firmware
    • In AOSP, I returned the recent stocks and closed the menu button
    • Added debug settings
    • Added additional power settings
    • Various system corrections
    I tried out all the Netflix APKs found in this link http://freeaddons.free.fr/public/AML/X96AIR/Apps Apk/Netflix/

They are all the mobile version of Netflix. I have found a working Android TV version of Netflix if the person who manages that link wants to upload it.

Hi @SlimHouse

I'm a contributor to NOVA Video Player, and we've been reported this issue: https://github.com/nova-video-player/aos-AVP/issues/393
    This issue is a bug in your ROM, it declares leanback/television support, without actually providing framework for it.

In this case, you're lacking TvProvider (PRODUCT_PACKAGES += TvProvider). But you should be inheriting device/google/atv/products/atv_system.mk really.

While you're there, you should probably also include LiveTv app, so you get acess to tv input services, like haystack live tv.
    3. Extract boot.img from stock firmware
    You need to have a stock rom for your device.
    Ideally a zipped rom, so that you can extract the "boot.img" out of it.

In case you have an img-file, than you need to extract "boot.img" out of it via Amlogic toolkit:

By this you can extract the stock boot.img from the stock firmware.

This is only good for android 7 images, Android 9 (which most people are using) is totally different.
    To root slimbox you only need patch the current boot.img
    In twrp :
    cat /dev/block/boot > /sdcard/boot.img

Then use magisk to patch the img

Reboot to twrp

Flash the patched boot.img to boot.

Reboot
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android