project SLIMBOX

Search This thread

Toct85

Apr 16, 2021
I tried your firmware for my x96 max plus 4+32. The Bluetooth won't turn on. May be the firmware not completely support QCA6174A model?

rolo2020

Nov 25, 2020
I installed this on a Pendoo X10 Plus box and it works flawlessly. Thank you!
Hi! A piece of information that will serve you in the future ... If you open your Pendo box, you will see that inside it says "x96 max plus 2" This is very beneficial, since every time you look for data, information or tutorials on "Pendo" You will not find anything ... Drive from here in more like if it were x96 max plus 2 (in fact it is) and you will find infinity of information and data that Pendo will never supply. Even that damn brand has a website ... Greetings!

Reactions: delucai7

keith_darb

Apr 17, 2021
Please pardon my ignorance. I am trying to install v11.1 for a H96 x3 box but there appears to be an issue with the file I have downloaded. Can someone confirm that the file is OK and I am doing something wrong please?
Cheers

rolo2020

Nov 25, 2020
Hello everybody! I am about to install slimbox 11 on my x96 max plus 2 (4 - 32) box I currently have version 10.5. Is there any reason or reason why it is not convenient for me to do it? Any advice or special instruction? I plan to do it via sd card, but I don't want to lose the data that I already have. I just have to uncheck the "delete flash" box, right? Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much guys!

delucai7

Jan 8, 2013
Hi! A piece of information that will serve you in the future ... If you open your Pendo box, you will see that inside it says "x96 max plus 2" This is very beneficial, since every time you look for data, information or tutorials on "Pendo" You will not find anything ... Drive from here in more like if it were x96 max plus 2 (in fact it is) and you will find infinity of information and data that Pendo will never supply. Even that damn brand has a website ... Greetings!

Thanks for the hint, luckily that's the firmware I installed without knowing, I could have bricked it. Thank you!

kalehrl

• Nov 22, 2017
    Hello everybody! I am about to install slimbox 11 on my x96 max plus 2 (4 - 32) box I currently have version 10.5. Is there any reason or reason why it is not convenient for me to do it? Any advice or special instruction? I plan to do it via sd card, but I don't want to lose the data that I already have. I just have to uncheck the "delete flash" box, right? Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much guys!
    To avoid problems, clean flash is required.
    There are major differences between 10.5 and 11.1.

DunTellYou74

Feb 17, 2021
    Anyone got issue with the sound when using Disney+ connecting to TV? My Disney+ has picture but no sound when connecting the box directly to TV.

I'm using Slimbox 11.1 on X96 Max Plus 4GB/64GB - S905x3

Last edited:

rolo2020

Nov 25, 2020
    Anyone got issue with the sound when using Disney+ connecting to TV? My Disney+ has picture but no sound when connecting the box directly to TV.

I'm using Slimbox 11.1 on X96 Max Plus 4GB/64GB - S905x3
    This may be solved ... Go to Profile> App Settings> Wifi data usage> Select = Save data (stereo sound and SD video). That's how it works for me ... Another option would be to try an apk instead of the official app from the play store. Greetings!

andyd970

May 17, 2017
    Hello colleagues, I want to install on my box X96max 2gb / 16gb motherboard Q5X2 V1.5 19023 Slimbox 11.1 software unfortunately I cannot do it every time I try to install it via SD card or UBT, an error appears and the installation is interrupted, could any of you to help me

DunTellYou74

Feb 17, 2021
    This may be solved ... Go to Profile> App Settings> Wifi data usage> Select = Save data (stereo sound and SD video). That's how it works for me ... Another option would be to try an apk instead of the official app from the play store. Greetings!
    The SD method works but the picture quality not so good. :(

Funny thing is that I tried the same apk on Aidan V6 Android TV 9 firmware and Disney HD and sound is playing fine.

That's why I thought it's some tweaks on the firmware. Hopefully this can be solved in next firmware upgrade. :)

bilbobaker1

Dec 5, 2020
    Hi, I been using your rom for quite some time now. it's by far the best performance of all the roms out there.
    But i recently stopped use it becaue of Google, I really need a Degoogled device.

I've been removing google apps for some time romunpacker but its hard, sometimes it works sometimes bricks device. I would like to have a rom with F-droid or nothing installed.
    I use rom mainly for KODI and youtube/lbra etc etc thats it. There is no need for google framework bloat/spy suck my integrity dry.

I know there are many people out there just like me, wanting a degoogled rom.
    If your like me hit "LIKE", so maybe "Author" of slimProject reads this.
    It would be so awesome to have the First Android rom free of Google Empire. A real slimdeal.

Maybe a extra rom release as an option which is totally degoogled? ;)

Last edited:

rolo2020

Nov 25, 2020
    The SD method works but the picture quality not so good. :(

Funny thing is that I tried the same apk on Aidan V6 Android TV 9 firmware and Disney HD and sound is playing fine.

That's why I thought it's some tweaks on the firmware. Hopefully this can be solved in next firmware upgrade. :)
    True, it is a good option!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hi, I been using your rom for quite some time now. it's by far the best performance of all the roms out there.
      But i recently stopped use it becaue of Google, I really need a Degoogled device.

I've been removing google apps for some time romunpacker but its hard, sometimes it works sometimes bricks device. I would like to have a rom with F-droid or nothing installed.
      I use rom mainly for KODI and youtube/lbra etc etc thats it. There is no need for google framework bloat/spy suck my integrity dry.

It would be so awesome to have the First Android rom free of Google Empire. A real slimdeal.

I installed this on a Pendoo X10 Plus box and it works flawlessly. Thank you!

I'm one of those people, but without Magisk will be hard to do it.

I didn't tried, maybe NanoDroid can do this, it works with or without Magisk, removes Google Apps and install FOSS apps (microG, F-Droid...).
      See https://gitlab.com/Nanolx/NanoDroid . Try installing trough TWRP.

PS: Make backups, this can probably soft-brick.
      Hi all, really nice rom, great alternative to stock. I would like to report a problem that is serious for me. Practically the ENTER key does not work and neither does the OK one, in the bluetoot android keyboard when I try to search for something in the playstore, when I write or edit a document and when I search in the search bar of any browser. Can it be solved? In the stock rom there is no such problem. Then I wanted to know if it is possible to restore the full functions of ColorLedSettings. Thanks in advance
      alguem tem o firmware para X96 mini: sbx_x96mini_atv_v10.6
      perhaps here

Era isso?
      RY51YwF.png

project SLIMBOX

Multimedia firmware for TV boxes with Amlogic S912, S922X, S905X2, S905X3 processors

SLIMBOX ATV and AOSP are two custom firmwares suitable with some modifications for many android TV boxes.
      The main ATV firmware is installed via UBT or using a microSD card.

Version 11

• Extra settings - quick access to additional settings
      • Configurable volume bar orientation
      • Clock in the status bar with seconds
      • Ability to change the priority of Dolby Vision graphics
      • Adjusting the font size in the settings
      • Returned corrected advanced hdmi cec settings
      • Updated CastReceiver in settings instead of Airscreen
      • Returned advanced Bluetooth settings
      • Replaced the launcher with Launcher3QuickStep, applied a dark theme (PIE)
      • In the Recent Applications window: pressing the Menu button will close all tasks, pressing the UP button will close the selected task (PIE)
      • Applied dark theme for LogViewer
      • Changed the loading animation in the status bar
      • Changed toast to dark theme
      • Added modules gameport.ko, hid-ps3remote.ko, hid-sony.ko, xpad.ko
      • Added support for aptX HD Bluetooth protocol
      • Included 4xMSAA - fixes micro-freezes in dynamic scenes
      • Updated themes
      • Updated google services
      • Updated firmware

Cumulative patch for SLIMBOX

New changes:

Contains:

Supported TV boxes

SLIMBOX ver 8

• Updated google services and apk
      ВЂ Returned the choice in the settings of a dark or white theme
      • Returned additional image settings
      • Updated firmware
      • In AOSP, I returned the recent stocks and closed the menu button
      • Added debug settings
      • Added additional power settings
      • Various system corrections
      I tried out all the Netflix APKs found in this link http://freeaddons.free.fr/public/AML/X96AIR/Apps Apk/Netflix/

They are all the mobile version of Netflix. I have found a working Android TV version of Netflix if the person who manages that link wants to upload it.

Hi @SlimHouse

I'm a contributor to NOVA Video Player, and we've been reported this issue: https://github.com/nova-video-player/aos-AVP/issues/393
      This issue is a bug in your ROM, it declares leanback/television support, without actually providing framework for it.

In this case, you're lacking TvProvider (PRODUCT_PACKAGES += TvProvider). But you should be inheriting device/google/atv/products/atv_system.mk really.

While you're there, you should probably also include LiveTv app, so you get acess to tv input services, like haystack live tv.
      3. Extract boot.img from stock firmware
      You need to have a stock rom for your device.
      Ideally a zipped rom, so that you can extract the "boot.img" out of it.

In case you have an img-file, than you need to extract "boot.img" out of it via Amlogic toolkit:

By this you can extract the stock boot.img from the stock firmware.

This is only good for android 7 images, Android 9 (which most people are using) is totally different.
      To root slimbox you only need patch the current boot.img
      In twrp :
      cat /dev/block/boot > /sdcard/boot.img

Then use magisk to patch the img

Reboot to twrp

Flash the patched boot.img to boot.

Reboot
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android