project SLIMBOX

Search This thread

awibabau

Jan 14, 2021
11.4 is screwed on the video playback level. Those video improvements in the changelog screwed up the PQ, too much sharpening and playback not smooth.

I'm back on 11.3 for now. Still not perfect, too much stuff (dolby and viper which i disable everytime). I wish there was a ROM good enough without hidden stuff installed.

Last edited:

sesdave

Dec 5, 2011
Hi - anyone know which version of rom to use on the X96 Max Plus with the name X96 max plus Q1 in settings box details. . I just bricked one using standard rom as I have used on my boxes I bought last year as seemingly this upgraded later version uses different wifi and ethernet chip. Also not rooted by default. Keen to find a better rom for it.

zumtotal

Nov 6, 2012
N5Max S905X3 with ATV 11.4. Great FW but Bluetooth won't turn on: Bluetooth toggle button moves to the right but stays grey. And cannot change Other Options below the button.
I have the driver patch installed via temporary TWRP.
Any solution?

benkodam

May 19, 2021
Hi
Tanix tx3 s905x3 everything working ok accept HDR10+,using AFRD but not any help.
On original tx3 firmware HDR10+ working fine.Any solution to fix?
Thanks

Rainey222

Oct 17, 2020
Hi - anyone know which version of rom to use on the X96 Max Plus with the name X96 max plus Q1 in settings box details. . I just bricked one using standard rom as I have used on my boxes I bought last year as seemingly this upgraded later version uses different wifi and ethernet chip. Also not rooted by default. Keen to find a better rom for it.
You can check it here. It looks like the q1 is the same as Q2 cdtech chip , except for your network chip is only 100 megabits per second and not 1000 megabits per second. Under the firmware links there's a link to identify your box type

sesdave

Dec 5, 2011
HK1 box - which firmware to use . There is one but it says for HK1 BOX - 100 Lan. The box is advertised in specs with 1GB LAN specified. Dont want buy it if it isnt 1GB LAn and there isnt a Slimbox rom for it.

Last edited:

sesdave

Dec 5, 2011
You can check it here. It looks like the q1 is the same as Q2 cdtech chip , except for your network chip is only 100 megabits per second and not 1000 megabits per second. Under the firmware links there's a link to identify your box type

Hi thanks but I already bricked the box - I loaded the standard firmware as I didnt see one for Q1 and was unaware that the wifi/LAN were different. As I am now aware there are now numerous versions of it some with 100MB some with 1Gb and many with different wifi chips. Pity it was my go to s905x3 box for streaming as it was cheap , had 4/64 and 1GB LAN and works great with the original Slimbox firmware. My original box purchased last year working great on it. Now looking a bit like a lottery if the firmware you choose will be the right one for the version of box you get.

Last edited:

BknarF

Feb 14, 2021
I'm trying to download the SlimBOX ROM for the Tanix TX3 for a couple of weeks now, but I always get the message that the file reached it maximum number of downloads and to try again later ... Some other place where I can download?

ath156

Jul 15, 2017

prakashr85

Nov 27, 2011
Slimbox 11.2 Beelink GT1 ultimate LPDDR3, AP6255 rom working great on" Tanix TX9 pro"...
USB ports , wifi+ BT all working..

I tried the same with my Tanix tx9 pro, when i install bluetooth patch from install patch in settings, it restarts to recovery and throws error. If i again install from recovery it gets installed but bluetooth still doesnt work. Can you please help how did you got working

SlimHouse

Dec 30, 2009
Moscow
I tried the same with my Tanix tx9 pro, when i install bluetooth patch from install patch in settings, it restarts to recovery and throws error. If i again install from recovery it gets installed but bluetooth still doesnt work. Can you please help how did you got working
No factory firmware for Tanix tx9 pro?

Mar 3, 2021
France
hi..i want to update my x96 max plus to version 11.4 and i want to know is it necessary to make a backup from twrp and what are the partitions should i backup thinks and sorry for the translate

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HK1 box - which firmware to use . There is one but it says for HK1 BOX - 100 Lan. The box is advertised in specs with 1GB LAN specified. Dont want buy it if it isnt 1GB LAn and there isnt a Slimbox rom for it.
    HK1 Box with 1Gb lan is exactly the same as Vontar X3 and H96 max X3. So you can use the versions that are made for them to HK1 Box with 1Gb Lan. https://slimboxtv.ru/glavnaya/h96-max-x3-hk1-box-vontar-x3-transpeed-x3-air-bqeel-y8-max/
    @sesdave yesterday I went back to the almost original firmware, because I decided to update, and the suggestion for this weird version of my X96 Max Plus is to use the firmware of a 2GB ram model (X96Max_Plus_20200901-1449). It worked, but it was limited to these 2Gb of ram... Mine is the first one:
    Aj2kwuS.png

My goal is to be able to install EmuElec, which doesn't boot. Even using this firmware, I still haven't had success. It appears that the TV Box has its external boot locked. I already tried to install with SD Card and USB stick.
    X96 Max plus was a box I used as my go to - great price and perforamce with 1GB ethernet . Since the boys in china started playing with versions and whats on board I dropped it. I recommend an HK1 BOX with the 1GB ethernet till they start play with the HW specs of that too. as I found out Slimbox Vontar X3 rom work great on that as does the box after install. The performance for a cheap box its as good as I have used - and it is very cheap for what it is - at the moment. Doesn't unfortunately help you with your current box but its a great alternative for a 4GB/64Gb - 1Gb ethernet s905x3 box. it also pretty small format and looks quite cool. Nice colour says my GF. If u do buy and flash unlike others it the USB 2 port you connect for burning tool. In settings I had to enable devloper/USB debugging before PC picked it up by the way. Also recommend flash Amlogic burning tool from PC with dual USB cable . Never failed for me on any box
    hi..i want to update my x96 max plus to version 11.4 and i want to know is it necessary to make a backup from twrp and what are the partitions should i backup thinks and sorry for the translate
    You don`t need backup. Just uncheck "erase flash" in USB Burning Tool before starting upgrade on 11.4
    Think you..but the computer cant reconiz the device using UBT..i wil try with sd card
    On mine I was having that problem also with X96MAX Plus2, I found I had to click the start button then when I connected the USB it reconnized it and the flashed started.
    Help please
    I want to flash my x96 max plus 2 with the latest sbx firmware.i short pin the device because the computer dosn't recognize the device using UBT but the problem still exist
    My box wasn't recognized by the computer when the cable was direct from the computer to the box. I found if I used a USB 3 hub plugged into the computer and from there to the box it worked perfectly.

I just followed the slimbox UBT instructions, load firmware file, click the start button then connect cable, it started immediately.
    RY51YwF.png

project SLIMBOX

Multimedia firmware for TV boxes with Amlogic S912, S922X, S905X2, S905X3, S905X, S905W, S905Y2 processors

SLIMBOX ATV and AOSP are two custom firmwares suitable with some modifications for many android TV boxes.
    The main ATV firmware is installed via UBT.

Version 11.5

• Added to developer settings to disable audio transmission to USB devices
    • Added application autostart after sleep
    • Patches of additional functions are replaced with installation from apk
    • Corrected power menu (PIE)
    • New logo download firmware
    • Built-in head search for Katniss version 3.7.0 (disable auto update in the market)
    • Built-in TVLauncher mod, allows you to select other launchers in the settings (ATV)
    • System amendments

Cumulative patch for SLIMBOX

New changes:

Contains:

Supported TV boxes

SLIMBOX ver 8

• Updated google services and apk
    ВЂ Returned the choice in the settings of a dark or white theme
    • Returned additional image settings
    • Updated firmware
    • In AOSP, I returned the recent stocks and closed the menu button
    • Added debug settings
    • Added additional power settings
    • Various system corrections
    I tried out all the Netflix APKs found in this link http://freeaddons.free.fr/public/AML/X96AIR/Apps Apk/Netflix/

They are all the mobile version of Netflix. I have found a working Android TV version of Netflix if the person who manages that link wants to upload it.

Hi @SlimHouse

I'm a contributor to NOVA Video Player, and we've been reported this issue: https://github.com/nova-video-player/aos-AVP/issues/393
    This issue is a bug in your ROM, it declares leanback/television support, without actually providing framework for it.

In this case, you're lacking TvProvider (PRODUCT_PACKAGES += TvProvider). But you should be inheriting device/google/atv/products/atv_system.mk really.

While you're there, you should probably also include LiveTv app, so you get acess to tv input services, like haystack live tv.
    3. Extract boot.img from stock firmware
    You need to have a stock rom for your device.
    Ideally a zipped rom, so that you can extract the "boot.img" out of it.

In case you have an img-file, than you need to extract "boot.img" out of it via Amlogic toolkit:

By this you can extract the stock boot.img from the stock firmware.

This is only good for android 7 images, Android 9 (which most people are using) is totally different.
    To root slimbox you only need patch the current boot.img
    In twrp :
    cat /dev/block/boot > /sdcard/boot.img

Then use magisk to patch the img

Reboot to twrp

Flash the patched boot.img to boot.

Reboot
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android