• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

project SLIMBOX

Search This thread

Rainey222

Oct 17, 2020
I flashed my x96 max plus 3 times with different slimbox firmwares and each time the computer recognizes the device, but now I cannot flash it because the computer does not recognize it. I want to ask you if your method can solve the problem or no
No, if your computer recognize the box previously it should still recognize the box now. Either something's changed on the computer or on the box. Make sure you're using USB 3 ports and make sure the driver is installed on the computer.

Mar 3, 2021
France
No, if your computer recognize the box previously it should still recognize the box now. Either something's changed on the computer or on the box. Make sure you're using USB 3 ports and make sure the driver is installed on the computer.

I think that there is something that has changed in my box because I tried with 2 or 3 computers and they ended up not recognizing it ... also I tried with short the 2 pins and the same problem,did not recognize the device. I used burn card maker but the device turn on immediately.
what should i do now 😟😟

Rainey222

Oct 17, 2020
I think that there is something that has changed in my box because I tried with 2 or 3 computers and they ended up not recognizing it ... also I tried with short the 2 pins and the same problem,did not recognize the device. I used burn card maker but the device turn on immediately.
what should i do now 😟😟
I suggest you look for threads about un bricking your type of box. I've read some reports that if you have a stock ROM and you load it into UTB and connect it to the box and just let it sit for like 10 minutes sometimes it will start the flashing process. Good luck.

looking335

Nov 5, 2010
Think you friend for your help
I have an X96 Max Plus. It is the one with the 100 Mb Ethernet port. I was able to flash project SLIMBOX. I have never flashed using Amlogic Burning Tool. I flashed using a microSD card, where the image was created using Amlogic Burn Card Maker. You could try that method. If it doesn't turn on immediately, you, more than likely, flashed the wrong version. I had this happen.

Mar 3, 2021
France
I have an X96 Max Plus. It is the one with the 100 Mb Ethernet port. I was able to flash project SLIMBOX. I have never flashed using Amlogic Burning Tool. I flashed using a microSD card, where the image was created using Amlogic Burn Card Maker. You could try that method. If it doesn't turn on immediately, you, more than likely, flashed the wrong version. I had this happen.
I have a x96 max plus2 and I check it by opening it. I can flashed it with three differnts firmwares (10.5; 10.6; 10.7)4GB ram. after when I want to flash it with 11.3,11.4 and 11.5 the computer no longer recognizes it using USB. I tried with burn card maker, on the screen is mentioned upgrading for a moment then the device turn on immediatly with the slimbox logo and nothing was changed.so i decid to short the tow pins and the problem stil exist(the computer doesn't recogniz the device)

looking335

Nov 5, 2010
I have a x96 max plus2 and I check it by opening it. I can flashed it with three differnts firmwares (10.5; 10.6; 10.7)4GB ram. after when I want to flash it with 11.3,11.4 and 11.5 the computer no longer recognizes it using USB. I tried with burn card maker, on the screen is mentioned upgrading for a moment then the device turn on immediatly with the slimbox logo and nothing was changed.so i decid to short the tow pins and the problem stil exist(the computer doesn't recogniz the device)
When you saw the Firmware Upgrading message, did the green bar go all the way to the right? You said "the screen is mentioned upgrading for a moment then the device turn on immediately". I do not have Plus2 but I would not think the upgrade would be a quick process. So, if you turn on the X96, it displays the slimbox logo and will not go any further? Again, I have never connected my X96 to a computer but it sounds like you have 2 problems--i.e. the X96 will not boot properly and your computer no longer recognizes the X96. I would suggest focusing on getting the X96 to boot properly and save the computer issue for later. It sounds like you can boot the X96 so stick with using the microSD mention.

Last edited:

Mar 3, 2021
France
When you saw the Firmware Upgrading message, did the green bar go all the way to the right? You said "the screen is mentioned upgrading for a moment then the device turn on immediately". I do not have Plus2 but I would not think the upgrade would be a quick process. So, if you turn on the X96, it displays the slimbox logo and will not go any further? Again, I have never connected my X96 to a computer but it sounds like you have 2 problems--i.e. the X96 will not boot properly and your computer no longer recognizes the X96. I would suggest focusing on getting the X96 to boot properly and save the computer issue for later. It sounds like you can boot the X96 so stick with using the microSD mention.
I tried all solusions.

asegura074

Jul 10, 2018
I flashed my x96 max plus 3 times with different slimbox firmwares and each time the computer recognizes the device, but now I cannot flash it because the computer does not recognize it. I want to ask you if your method can solve the problem or no
X96Max_Plus_Q1-4Gb-32Gb-Motherboard-Q5X3_141-V4.1-20212.Top.jpg

this is the procedure is very tricky

FIRST with the unpluged usb from PC

1 Open the Amlogic Burning Tool
2 select the image you wish to burn and load it
3 Hit Start
Here is the tricky part SHORT the point in the picture to GND then while still holding the short , connect the usb cable to the pc in his moment it will start to burn the img, release the short inmediatly

Reactions: Rainey222

Mar 3, 2021
France
View attachment 5343703

3 Hit Start
Here is the tricky part SHORT the point in the picture to GND then while still holding the short , connect the usb cable to the pc in his moment it will start to burn the img, release the short inmediatly
Think you bro

Mar 3, 2021
France
View attachment 5343703

3 Hit Start
I have to use the 2.0 usb?

tuiko biet

Jun 23, 2021
RY51YwF.png

project SLIMBOX

Multimedia firmware for TV boxes with Amlogic S912, S922X, S905X2, S905X3, S905X, S905W, S905Y2 processors

SLIMBOX ATV and AOSP are two custom firmwares suitable with some modifications for many android TV boxes.
The main ATV firmware is installed via UBT.

Version 11.5

• Added to developer settings to disable audio transmission to USB devices
• Added application autostart after sleep
• Patches of additional functions are replaced with installation from apk
• Corrected power menu (PIE)
• New logo download firmware
• Built-in head search for Katniss version 3.7.0 (disable auto update in the market)
• Built-in TVLauncher mod, allows you to select other launchers in the settings (ATV)
• System amendments

Cumulative patch for SLIMBOX

New changes:

Contains:

Supported TV boxes

cho tui xin cai rom goc cua tv box magicsee n5 chay chip s905x ram 2g

tuiko biet

Jun 23, 2021
tuto here https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv...-android-9-0-media-player?p=812451#post812451
Code:
Tutorial Flash Rom X96AIR

by ATVx96Air

Preambule

What are your Hardware version ?

X96 air P1, P2/V2, P3, P4 PCB version? 2Go/16Go or 4Go/64Go ?
Very important stop if you don't know your version

What kind of rom type you need?

- Stock (build in rom) - Android (phone) AOSP - Android TV -Stock Custom etc

Any roms for X96air P3 version here

So you need:

- 1 X96AIR box
- 1 SD card
- Amlogic Burn Card Maker v2.0.2

Pre-installation

1- Prepare SD Card

On Pc
Open Aml Burn Card Maker , select SD card letter ex: P: , select rom file ex: and check "to partition and format" button

Now click on "make"

Format sdcard and copy file begin.... let software do it
SD card is ready now !!

Flash New rom on the box method SD card

First Now Power off and unplug AC power box /!\ !!!

1- Flash box with new rom

Put Sd card in the box , put a toothpick in av/out and plug AC power cable
the droid logo appear unplug toothpick and progress bar for update launch...
Flash is begin wait wait wait dont panic!!!

After flash the box booting on the new rom you choose ...

Now you can drink a Coffee and read the Part 2

2-Install Tools

to continue you can install
- Aptoide TV to have a alternative store link here
- SAI Splitt Apk Installer to install bundle apk (ex: Disney+) link here

3-install APK'S apps for your favorite apps

Folder apk apps here

- Netflix (Dont do update after install)
- Molotov TV (install version 1.5 to force ATV) aide install 3.43
- Disney + (use SAI app to install bundle)
- Amazon Prime video

Nota:
[QUOTE = billouetaudrey; n812476] Cài đặt thành công với SD Maker (nhờ ATVx96air)

Bây giờ, chỉ là hai "lỗi"

Disney + không có âm thanh (HDMI) (âm thanh ổn với TV molotov chẳng hạn)
Netflix không hoạt động (có thể bạn có apk?) ??? [/ QUOTE]

Giải pháp:
Đối với rom slimbox 7 x96air
Lỗi Disney + xuất hiện rất nhiều vì không có thông lượng âm thanh nổi ở HD, hãy đặt disney + tìm kiếm trong Dữ liệu kinh tế Disney + gói apk 1.6.2 (cài đặt với SAI)
Netflix không cho phép các ứng dụng trên thiết bị không có DRM L1, vì vậy hãy đặt phiên bản đang hoạt động tại đây Netflix (no atv) có thể sử dụng được với điều khiển từ xa

4 -Ứng dụng TV ISP của Pháp

nếu bạn ở Pháp, bất kỳ ứng dụng nào dành cho TV tại đây
ISP của Pháp: Miễn phí, Màu đỏ của SFR, Bouygues, v.v.

Atvx96air French Guy Tôi là
Tôi quay lại nhanh chóng với các bài hướng dẫn
Diễn đàn tuyệt vời cảm ơn tất cả
[/ MÃ]
Tải về slimbox v7 tại đây: https://mega.nz/folder/EKpxURCA#S2PgP0RmGGG0tlpB8owDkA/folder/Yepn3aib
Download SlinBox v8  here : https://mega.nz/folder/VfwVVRjI#8NcwpJ_Fheqp-z7slEymWA/folder/4WwlUbCY

to update V7 to V8 to sd card after make sdcard with v8 rom
[CODE][common]
erase_bootloader    =0
erase_flash         =0
reboot              =1
in aml_sdc_burn.ini
Edit 22/01/2021
NEW LINKS 2021
New download page here: Slimboxtv.ru
For P3 version here : https://yadi.sk/d/qK-h74ni8rh7lA?w=1
All apk for French Country here: All apk for France ISP
cho tui xin cai rom goc cua tv box magicsee n5 ram 2g chay chi s905x di tu xin day

Top Liked Posts

I've just installed the latest version of SlimBox in an A95X F3 and I've noticed the following issues:
    • Can't get Bluetooth to work. I turn it on in the preferences but the box is not visible on other devices nor can it see them. Not even sure the Bluetooth is actually working.
    • Chromecast doesn't work. I have an Android mobile and can cast to the smart tv but not to the A95X F3. Again, the box is not visible as a target for chromecasting
    • I've installed the Vodafone TV app. I can log in, see a list of the recordings, the programming for the different channels and so on, but I can't watch any actual content. I always get an error message telling me to check that I'm connected to the Vodafone network. Which I am.
    Also, is there any particular reason for using STube instead of the actual YouTube? What's the advantage?

Another question I have is on the USB_Burning_Tool. I've copied the SECURE_BOOT_SET file into folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Amlogic\USB_Burning_Tool\license as instructed, but it doesn't show in the burning tool:
    View attachment 5411165

Does anyone know why and if this is relevant for the burning process?

Not sure about bluetooth, i have 10.3 Slimbox on my Hk1 and bluetooth works fine. Chromecast only works when root is disabled.

Vodafone TV should work fine but you need to go to network settings and put it full dhcp without any dns changes or whatever and uncheck anything vpn related. Also, disabling root for those streaming apps is a good idea... just let it in super su mode, i have no problems in super su mode, meaning afrd works asking for root privileges, but otherwise root is disabled...

STube is good because you have no ads. No need for an extra app blocking ads for the youtube official painfull ads...
    How do I increase the font size? I can't find the option.

I just installed this Rom on my gt-king.

Go to extra settings under slimbox settings menu or in the settings menu (can't remember) and then go to display and change font size or display size, both can increase font size...
    Hello Guys,

Is it possible to flash A95 F3 Air with MicroSD card method?

I am using this box with Slimbox v9, and i would like to update to v12. And if i remember correctly, i was doing flashing with MicroSD Card, pressed button inside 3,5mm hole and turn on the power cable.

Is this flashing method working or not? If not, the only one possible way to flash is via USB <--> USB (PC) ? Thanks...
    Hello, I have a Vontar X3 with Slimbox v12 updated today, flashed with the MicroSD method. No problem in my device, using Burn Card Maker (remember unmark "erase bootloader", and if you want preserve your data and apps unmark "erase flash" too. For a clean install only unmark "erase bootloader")
    Version 12.1

• Working system AFR for TV boxes on Amlogic S912 processor
    • AFR_CALC for manual use of the automatic frame rate function
    • In the recents window: pressing the MENU button will close all applications, pressing the UP button will close the selected application
    • Custom Menu Button in Remote Control Buttons app
    • Fixed setting to disable volume control in applications
    • Notification channel alerts are disabled by default
    • Screen resolution adjustments
    • Corrections in volume control for hdmi cec
    • PIE version will use Redmi Note 7 Pro in google services
    • ATV version will use MECOOL KM9 PRO in google services
    • System amendments

Yours is the 4GB version...

Right now the v12 is very young, i've tested it and i've seen too many "garbage" installed (had to unninstall a lot of apps). Used it for a bit, seems more stable and the bug in some videos is gone (like the one in the google play store in redbull intro in the snow) but i endup always reverting to v11.3 because the image quality is still worst in 12 than in 11.3. But it's far better than in v11.4-7.

One thing that bothers me is i always thought kodi wasn't compatible with this box so i never could use it's own AFR engine, neither in stock firmware, neither in any slimbox rom, but i've installed a Jaw mod Rom from Vortex 0.3.7 and to my surprise AFR in Kodi works. The problem is slimbox rom still gives me better colors and image quality....Damn!
    ah ok - post #430 gave some pretty detailed instruction on installing magisk but did say doesnt work for every box. Good luck
    IMG_20210822_145235.jpg

That's not what I want. I want to install Magisk, make the ROM pass Safetynet.
    You need to have ramdisk available to install magisk. Check on your device
    Hi,

I have a A95X F3 Air with rom slimbox 12 ( rom A95X f3 air.img) but bluethoot dont,works?

an idea?
    Thanks
    I made clean flash and BT is working (tested with JBL Flip 5)
    RY51YwF.png

project SLIMBOX

Multimedia firmware for TV boxes with Amlogic S912, S922X, S905X2, S905X3, S905X, S905W, S905Y2 processors

SLIMBOX ATV and AOSP are two custom firmwares suitable with some modifications for many android TV boxes.
    The main ATV firmware is installed via UBT.

Version 12.1

• Working system AFR for TV boxes on Amlogic S912 processor
    • AFR_CALC for manual use of the automatic frame rate function
    • In the recents window: pressing the MENU button will close all applications, pressing the UP button will close the selected application
    • Configurable Menu button in Remote Control Buttons app
    • Fixed setting to disable volume control in applications
    • Notification channel alerts are disabled by default
    • Screen resolution adjustments
    • Corrections in volume control for hdmi cec
    • PIE version will use Redmi Note 7 Pro in google services
    • ATV version will use MECOOL KM9 PRO in google services
    • System amendments

Cumulative patch for SLIMBOX

New changes:

Contains:

Supported TV boxes

SLIMBOX ver 8

• Updated google services and apk
    ВЂ Returned the choice in the settings of a dark or white theme
    • Returned additional image settings
    • Updated firmware
    • In AOSP, I returned the recent stocks and closed the menu button
    • Added debug settings
    • Added additional power settings
    • Various system corrections
    I tried out all the Netflix APKs found in this link http://freeaddons.free.fr/public/AML/X96AIR/Apps Apk/Netflix/

They are all the mobile version of Netflix. I have found a working Android TV version of Netflix if the person who manages that link wants to upload it.

Hi @SlimHouse

I'm a contributor to NOVA Video Player, and we've been reported this issue: https://github.com/nova-video-player/aos-AVP/issues/393
    This issue is a bug in your ROM, it declares leanback/television support, without actually providing framework for it.

In this case, you're lacking TvProvider (PRODUCT_PACKAGES += TvProvider). But you should be inheriting device/google/atv/products/atv_system.mk really.

While you're there, you should probably also include LiveTv app, so you get acess to tv input services, like haystack live tv.
    I have found out how to root SlimRom with Magisk:

1. Root SlimRom via the settings
    Then you will have "Superuser" rooting.

2. Install TWRP
    You don't need to, but you can install your TWRP image permanently via the TWRP app:

3. Extract boot.img
    You need to extract "boot.img" in TWRP:
    Code:
    cat /dev/block/boot > /sdcard/boot.img

4. Patch the stock boot.img with Magisk manager app
    Install Magisk manager apk.
    Press the upper install button and select the stock boot.img.
    Magisk will create a patched boot.img.

5. Now unroot in SlimBox settings

6. Flash the patched boot.img in TWRP by selecting install, then image, then choose the file, to "boot"

7. Finally flash Magisk.zip in TWRP

Thats it.