• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

project SLIMBOX

Search This thread

hammo650

Aug 3, 2021
I will wait for Slimbox to hopefully provide a fully working rom for revision A100, i am no expert at using TWRP and worried i might stuff something up and brick my box. Thanks for your help jaytec0007

dazedcrazy

Jan 23, 2013
Hi I had the same problem with x96 max + A100, the way I found to make it work is to do a backup of Vendor from original firmware with TWRP then after installing slimbox 12 i went back in TWRP and restored Vendor. After reboot, whit all aps you will have DroidTV Settings, then go in Display and clic on Adaptive HDR and disable it to turn it off. Here is the TWRP I used. You will have some apps from original firmware that will install when restoring Vendor but you can uninstall them after if you want
Thanks I might try it out. I have just starting using https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=1013103&st=720#entry104036503 and it's been working fine so far, so I'll stick with it for now.

jaytec0007

Mar 27, 2017
I finally try again to do something whit my tx3 s905x3, she's less corrupted than my tx3 mini. My tx3 mini reboot all the time when trying to install an app or change something. My tx3 s905x3 I'm able to go in the settings and do whatever I need even use apps already installed, its only when I try to install an app that most of the time I wont be able to do it and launcher crash, my screen stays all black 10-15 seconds then come back. I search every where and no one seems to know how to bring it back

hammo650

Aug 3, 2021
I just flashed Slimbox V12.7 Pie to my x96 Max Plus A100 version and everything working well apart from not being able to turn off HDR, does anyone know how to disable it?

Last edited:

Barykelo

Jun 28, 2021
I just flashed Slimbox V12.7 Pie to my x96 Max Plus A100 version and everything working well apart from CEC (not so much of an issue for me) but the biggest issue is i cannot turn HDR off, does anyone know how to disable it?
I have version Q2. If you don't use bluetooth, install the original Slimbox version (2 GB or 4 GB) and it will be fine.

Last edited:

hammo650

Aug 3, 2021
Thanks for reply, i do use bluetooth mouse with the box, i have adjusted TV picture setting for HDMI port box is connected to and that sort of fixes the HDR issue but not ideal, will stick with v12.7 for time being and hopefully SlimHouse can fix the HDR issue at some stage. I have asked before if anybody has the factory firmware link for A100 version, would be great if i could get it, i couldn't install TWRP and back up my original firmware which is a bummer but i am a noob when it comes to flashing boxes etc... it's a lot more complex than any other type of install i have done like Windows, Linux etc!

brhv098

Aug 5, 2021
problems with slimbox for x96max+
been using slimbox rom for about a month, but when i opened the dolby install apk the whole system froze- then enterd a boot loop. when trying to reflash the os it disconnects after one second. any help? (sorry for bad english)

jucca

Jun 3, 2010
Split
Thank you.
And I just got email from them, with link to it too. They run out of storage on the server, so they needed to delete one image, so of all other images there, they decided to delete that one I desperately needed, just matching my everyday life beeing a black sheep 😁

Mounter81

Nov 1, 2017
Hello!

Anyone have any experience with the version for the Beelink Gt1-mini? Is it better anyhow than the last official FW on the Box? And can someone make it clear if the FW on this link is the "standard" ot the "ATV" version? (I'm asking regarding the "first" version of the Box not the Gt1-mini 2...)
I would also like to as if any Miracast options/apps are working with this FW on this Box? I have read elsewhere, that with the X96 Max Plus Box the Miracast option isn't installed by default on Slimbox, so I'm asking the same with the GT1-mini.

I guess that's for now and thanks for the replies!

hpix

Aug 7, 2021
Hi, just installed Slimbox TV to my Sunnzo S9 Max. I have also i8 mini keyboard.

The problem is that whatever I do, the external keyboard outputs russian characters. I tried "everything", but always russian. Even the virtual keyboard is english.

jaytec0007

Mar 27, 2017
Hi, just installed Slimbox TV to my Sunnzo S9 Max. I have also i8 mini keyboard.

The problem is that whatever I do, the external keyboard outputs russian characters. I tried "everything", but always russian. Even the virtual keyboard is english.
Hi in slimbox you just need to go in the box settings then go in slimBOXtv settings then go in Extra settings then go in System (Languages,time,backup...) then go in Languages & input then go in Physical keyboard Then clic on the first one on top 2.4G receiver default then clic on Set Up Keyboard Layouts (in blue) then choose the languages you want to use with keyboard.
I dont know if there is a simplest way to do it but this will work for sure

Reactions: hpix

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Guys,

Is it possible to flash A95 F3 Air with MicroSD card method?

I am using this box with Slimbox v9, and i would like to update to v12. And if i remember correctly, i was doing flashing with MicroSD Card, pressed button inside 3,5mm hole and turn on the power cable.

Is this flashing method working or not? If not, the only one possible way to flash is via USB <--> USB (PC) ? Thanks...
    Hello, I have a Vontar X3 with Slimbox v12 updated today, flashed with the MicroSD method. No problem in my device, using Burn Card Maker (remember unmark "erase bootloader", and if you want preserve your data and apps unmark "erase flash" too. For a clean install only unmark "erase bootloader")
    Version 12.1

• Working system AFR for TV boxes on Amlogic S912 processor
    • AFR_CALC for manual use of the automatic frame rate function
    • In the recents window: pressing the MENU button will close all applications, pressing the UP button will close the selected application
    • Custom Menu Button in Remote Control Buttons app
    • Fixed setting to disable volume control in applications
    • Notification channel alerts are disabled by default
    • Screen resolution adjustments
    • Corrections in volume control for hdmi cec
    • PIE version will use Redmi Note 7 Pro in google services
    • ATV version will use MECOOL KM9 PRO in google services
    • System amendments

Yours is the 4GB version...

Right now the v12 is very young, i've tested it and i've seen too many "garbage" installed (had to unninstall a lot of apps). Used it for a bit, seems more stable and the bug in some videos is gone (like the one in the google play store in redbull intro in the snow) but i endup always reverting to v11.3 because the image quality is still worst in 12 than in 11.3. But it's far better than in v11.4-7.

One thing that bothers me is i always thought kodi wasn't compatible with this box so i never could use it's own AFR engine, neither in stock firmware, neither in any slimbox rom, but i've installed a Jaw mod Rom from Vortex 0.3.7 and to my surprise AFR in Kodi works. The problem is slimbox rom still gives me better colors and image quality....Damn!
    ah ok - post #430 gave some pretty detailed instruction on installing magisk but did say doesnt work for every box. Good luck
    IMG_20210822_145235.jpg

That's not what I want. I want to install Magisk, make the ROM pass Safetynet.
    You need to have ramdisk available to install magisk. Check on your device
    Hi,

I have a A95X F3 Air with rom slimbox 12 ( rom A95X f3 air.img) but bluethoot dont,works?

an idea?
    Thanks
    I made clean flash and BT is working (tested with JBL Flip 5)
    RY51YwF.png

project SLIMBOX

Multimedia firmware for TV boxes with Amlogic S912, S922X, S905X2, S905X3, S905X, S905W, S905Y2 processors

SLIMBOX ATV and AOSP are two custom firmwares suitable with some modifications for many android TV boxes.
    The main ATV firmware is installed via UBT.

Version 12.1

• Working system AFR for TV boxes on Amlogic S912 processor
    • AFR_CALC for manual use of the automatic frame rate function
    • In the recents window: pressing the MENU button will close all applications, pressing the UP button will close the selected application
    • Configurable Menu button in Remote Control Buttons app
    • Fixed setting to disable volume control in applications
    • Notification channel alerts are disabled by default
    • Screen resolution adjustments
    • Corrections in volume control for hdmi cec
    • PIE version will use Redmi Note 7 Pro in google services
    • ATV version will use MECOOL KM9 PRO in google services
    • System amendments

Cumulative patch for SLIMBOX

New changes:

Contains:

Supported TV boxes

SLIMBOX ver 8

• Updated google services and apk
    ВЂ Returned the choice in the settings of a dark or white theme
    • Returned additional image settings
    • Updated firmware
    • In AOSP, I returned the recent stocks and closed the menu button
    • Added debug settings
    • Added additional power settings
    • Various system corrections
    I tried out all the Netflix APKs found in this link http://freeaddons.free.fr/public/AML/X96AIR/Apps Apk/Netflix/

They are all the mobile version of Netflix. I have found a working Android TV version of Netflix if the person who manages that link wants to upload it.

Hi @SlimHouse

I'm a contributor to NOVA Video Player, and we've been reported this issue: https://github.com/nova-video-player/aos-AVP/issues/393
    This issue is a bug in your ROM, it declares leanback/television support, without actually providing framework for it.

In this case, you're lacking TvProvider (PRODUCT_PACKAGES += TvProvider). But you should be inheriting device/google/atv/products/atv_system.mk really.

While you're there, you should probably also include LiveTv app, so you get acess to tv input services, like haystack live tv.
    I have found out how to root SlimRom with Magisk:

1. Root SlimRom via the settings
    Then you will have "Superuser" rooting.

2. Install TWRP
    You don't need to, but you can install your TWRP image permanently via the TWRP app:

3. Extract boot.img
    You need to extract "boot.img" in TWRP:
    Code:
    cat /dev/block/boot > /sdcard/boot.img

4. Patch the stock boot.img with Magisk manager app
    Install Magisk manager apk.
    Press the upper install button and select the stock boot.img.
    Magisk will create a patched boot.img.

5. Now unroot in SlimBox settings

6. Flash the patched boot.img in TWRP by selecting install, then image, then choose the file, to "boot"

7. Finally flash Magisk.zip in TWRP

Thats it.