• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

project SLIMBOX

Search This thread

hammo650

Aug 3, 2021
I will wait for Slimbox to hopefully provide a fully working rom for revision A100, i am no expert at using TWRP and worried i might stuff something up and brick my box. Thanks for your help jaytec0007

dazedcrazy

Jan 23, 2013
Hi I had the same problem with x96 max + A100, the way I found to make it work is to do a backup of Vendor from original firmware with TWRP then after installing slimbox 12 i went back in TWRP and restored Vendor. After reboot, whit all aps you will have DroidTV Settings, then go in Display and clic on Adaptive HDR and disable it to turn it off. Here is the TWRP I used. You will have some apps from original firmware that will install when restoring Vendor but you can uninstall them after if you want
Thanks I might try it out. I have just starting using https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=1013103&st=720#entry104036503 and it's been working fine so far, so I'll stick with it for now.

jaytec0007

Mar 27, 2017
I finally try again to do something whit my tx3 s905x3, she's less corrupted than my tx3 mini. My tx3 mini reboot all the time when trying to install an app or change something. My tx3 s905x3 I'm able to go in the settings and do whatever I need even use apps already installed, its only when I try to install an app that most of the time I wont be able to do it and launcher crash, my screen stays all black 10-15 seconds then come back. I search every where and no one seems to know how to bring it back

hammo650

Aug 3, 2021
I just flashed Slimbox V12.7 Pie to my x96 Max Plus A100 version and everything working well apart from not being able to turn off HDR, does anyone know how to disable it?

Last edited:

Barykelo

Jun 28, 2021
I just flashed Slimbox V12.7 Pie to my x96 Max Plus A100 version and everything working well apart from CEC (not so much of an issue for me) but the biggest issue is i cannot turn HDR off, does anyone know how to disable it?
I have version Q2. If you don't use bluetooth, install the original Slimbox version (2 GB or 4 GB) and it will be fine.

Last edited:

hammo650

Aug 3, 2021
Thanks for reply, i do use bluetooth mouse with the box, i have adjusted TV picture setting for HDMI port box is connected to and that sort of fixes the HDR issue but not ideal, will stick with v12.7 for time being and hopefully SlimHouse can fix the HDR issue at some stage. I have asked before if anybody has the factory firmware link for A100 version, would be great if i could get it, i couldn't install TWRP and back up my original firmware which is a bummer but i am a noob when it comes to flashing boxes etc... it's a lot more complex than any other type of install i have done like Windows, Linux etc!

brhv098

Aug 5, 2021
problems with slimbox for x96max+
been using slimbox rom for about a month, but when i opened the dolby install apk the whole system froze- then enterd a boot loop. when trying to reflash the os it disconnects after one second. any help? (sorry for bad english)

jucca

Jun 3, 2010
Split
Thank you.
And I just got email from them, with link to it too. They run out of storage on the server, so they needed to delete one image, so of all other images there, they decided to delete that one I desperately needed, just matching my everyday life beeing a black sheep 😁

Mounter81

Nov 1, 2017
Hello!

Anyone have any experience with the version for the Beelink Gt1-mini? Is it better anyhow than the last official FW on the Box? And can someone make it clear if the FW on this link is the "standard" ot the "ATV" version? (I'm asking regarding the "first" version of the Box not the Gt1-mini 2...)
I would also like to as if any Miracast options/apps are working with this FW on this Box? I have read elsewhere, that with the X96 Max Plus Box the Miracast option isn't installed by default on Slimbox, so I'm asking the same with the GT1-mini.

I guess that's for now and thanks for the replies!

hpix

Aug 7, 2021
Hi, just installed Slimbox TV to my Sunnzo S9 Max. I have also i8 mini keyboard.

The problem is that whatever I do, the external keyboard outputs russian characters. I tried "everything", but always russian. Even the virtual keyboard is english.

jaytec0007

Mar 27, 2017
Hi, just installed Slimbox TV to my Sunnzo S9 Max. I have also i8 mini keyboard.

The problem is that whatever I do, the external keyboard outputs russian characters. I tried "everything", but always russian. Even the virtual keyboard is english.
Hi in slimbox you just need to go in the box settings then go in slimBOXtv settings then go in Extra settings then go in System (Languages,time,backup...) then go in Languages & input then go in Physical keyboard Then clic on the first one on top 2.4G receiver default then clic on Set Up Keyboard Layouts (in blue) then choose the languages you want to use with keyboard.
I dont know if there is a simplest way to do it but this will work for sure

Reactions: hpix

Top Liked Posts