• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

project SLIMBOX

Search This thread

raruba

Sep 9, 2020
SlimBox 12.1 will not flash on x99 max plus box (stops at 1%), looks like it need some kind of password....anyone have any ideas. last version I have been able to flash is v10.6
I was using USB burning tool
THANKS

Last edited:

awibabau

Jan 14, 2021
Thank you for replying. Regarding Bluetooth I suspect there may be some hardware issue. I'll have to investigate further.

Chromecast: I was really hoping your root suggestion could be the solution but I checked and in the settings it says that the device is not rooted:
View attachment 5411395

Now, for the Vodafone TV app, I've followed your recommendations:
- proxy: none
- IP Settings: DHCP
- VPN: none
- Private DNS: Off

Unfortunately, the result was the same.

Of all of these, the only thing I'm really missing is chromecast given that with that I could stream from the mobile phone to the box and solve most problems this way.

OK, you are probably trying to stream from google chromecast to a rom that doesn't have chromecast installed, you need to install chromecast from the play store. But keep root disabled, then enable and see if it also works. Tested right now between my computer and HK1 box.

As for the vodafone tv might be ISP related, because my ISP ATV app works with slimbox.

You can enter the app with or without credentials?

Because if you are able to access without credentials it's because it's detecting vodafone network isp. Then if doesn't open any content it's probably not slimbox or your box related. I don't think ISP apps need anykind of certificate to play under android tv but i might be wrong.

In any case try install previous versions of vodafone tv to see if it works...

andrea0807

Jul 24, 2014
Perugia
Hello, I have installed this slimbox pie rom on my gt-king. These are the bugs I encountered:
1) 5ghz wi-fi reception has deteriorated
2) The box does not turn off, when I turn off the box some times the box restarts, other times it turns off but the eyes remain on.
3) I cannot remap the F2, F3, F4, F5, F5, F6, F7 keys with button mapper app of the Rii Mini i8 physical keyboard, while with the stock firmware I could do it.
Hope the developer fixes these bugs

Last edited:

jucca

Jun 3, 2010
Split
Try with this

Tried both.

On first soltion when trying to play anything says:

kQhmbmh[1].jpeg

On second method, missing some lines in which need to be edited.

jucca

Jun 3, 2010
Split
Damn. Now I have new problem.
Wanted to go back to stock, and it's dead.
Opened a new thread, please if someone can help.

traversone

Feb 18, 2019
good morning all,

said that I like this ROM so much, my big issue is that with Skygo app (only) the AFR built-in feature makes the playing very very slow and jerky for 20 seconds more or less...after this kind of "frame rate challenging" the streaming quality is quite stable but very low!

can you suggest or comment on this behaviour in order to solve or totally disable in FW?

many thanks

rolo2020

Nov 25, 2020
Hi everyone! I have installed the 12.1 pie version on my x96 plus 2. Everything works perfectly! I would need to indicate some way to transfer the screen of my cell phone. Or if I have to install a specific app or apk for it. From now many thanks and greetings!
Hello again! Can anyone help me with this? I understand very little about the subject and you do a lot ... At least if you recommend an application to install in the box and on the cell phone ... Thank you very much!

Nivan0611

Mar 5, 2014
Hi All
Any solutions How-To recover recovery ?
X96 Air P2 S905X3 - V11.5 ATV

I tried to update to V12.1 but the process failed during the format process . . .
luckily the box boots back as normal . . everything works accept i CANNOT get into recovery !!!

ANY SOLUTIONS HOW-TO ?

1) I tried Reset option through settings menu to try to get back to the recovery, but no luck !!!
2) When booting into recovery it just goes straight back into normal operating mode . . .
3) I also tried to Flash the Firmware again but no luck !!! (if i'm correct, i think it cannot find the recovery)

Any HELP will be greatly appreciated

I am on V11.5 (this one is very smooth and stable)
Also waiting to receive the Recovery from SlimHouse

Thanks in advance

awibabau

Jan 14, 2021
Hi All
Any solutions How-To recover recovery ?
X96 Air P2 S905X3 - V11.5 ATV

I tried to update to V12.1 but the process failed during the format process . . .
luckily the box boots back as normal . . everything works accept i CANNOT get into recovery !!!

ANY SOLUTIONS HOW-TO ?

1) I tried Reset option through settings menu to try to get back to the recovery, but no luck !!!
2) When booting into recovery it just goes straight back into normal operating mode . . .
3) I also tried to Flash the Firmware again but no luck !!! (if i'm correct, i think it cannot find the recovery)

Any HELP will be greatly appreciated

I am on V11.5 (this one is very smooth and stable)
Also waiting to receive the Recovery from SlimHouse

Thanks in advance

Error at 7%???

sargaco

Dec 31, 2020
OK, you are probably trying to stream from google chromecast to a rom that doesn't have chromecast installed, you need to install chromecast from the play store. But keep root disabled, then enable and see if it also works. Tested right now between my computer and HK1 box.
I had thought of that and installed chromecast. But to no avail. When I try to cast from the mobile to the box, the box is not visible.

As for the vodafone tv might be ISP related, because my ISP ATV app works with slimbox.

You can enter the app with or without credentials?

Because if you are able to access without credentials it's because it's detecting vodafone network isp. Then if doesn't open any content it's probably not slimbox or your box related. I don't think ISP apps need anykind of certificate to play under android tv but i might be wrong.

I didn't try to enter without credentials (I'm assuming you're referring to username and password). Not sure that is an option. I'll check. But I can enter with the credentials and I can see my specific profile's content listings, the current channels schedules, my recordings listing and so on. So, I can get in with my user. However, whenever I try to start any of the contents I always get that failure message. Even though the box isn't in root mode, maybe they are checking if it is an approved Android TV distro?

awibabau

Jan 14, 2021
I had thought of that and installed chromecast. But to no avail. When I try to cast from the mobile to the box, the box is not visible.

There is an app in slimbox site called cast receiver and it was built in in the previous ROMS. It works great but you need to enable it in slimbox settings so you can see the icon in the upper system bar saying it's ready to receive. And ofc both devices need to be in the same network, meaning for example 192.168.1.0/24 or it won't work...

I didn't try to enter without credentials (I'm assuming you're referring to username and password). Not sure that is an option. I'll check. But I can enter with the credentials and I can see my specific profile's content listings, the current channels schedules, my recordings listing and so on. So, I can get in with my user. However, whenever I try to start any of the contents I always get that failure message. Even though the box isn't in root mode, maybe they are checking if it is an approved Android TV distro?

No, something else, i've seen a lot of people having problems in vodafone tv new app in the recent days. You installed it from google play store in the slimbox rom? Try to download official apk from official vodafone site or from apkmirror or aptoide...

Reactions: sargaco

Nivan0611

Mar 5, 2014
Ok, i was saying 7% because it happened to me also on HK1, what i did was changing the erase flash mode from normal to full in usb burning tool and it worked. Sometimes i tick and untick the erase bootloader option also, tbh there is no need to erase bootloader everytime you install slimbox i guess...
Thanks (y) I will try the different options and let you know

However, my problem is . . . I CANNOT get into the recovery when i try to reboot into recovery . . this is the main problem
Secondly, my box will not detect the Burning Tool

awibabau

Jan 14, 2021
Have you ever used the dirty method? With a toothpick inside AV hole until you hear a click and then keep it pressed and connect usb OTG to PC and wait for USB BT to detect it and start, after it started you can take the toothpick.

There are too many youtube videos explaining and i think i've read some tutorial where the toothpick was used in the USB BT method (not sure if it was on slimbox website or 4pda or freaktab or here)

PS: I installed a lot of slimbox and other ROMS and never rebooted into recovery, always used the toothpick method...

Nivan0611

Mar 5, 2014
Have you ever used the dirty method? With a toothpick inside AV hole until you hear a click and then keep it pressed and connect usb OTG to PC and wait for USB BT to detect it and start, after it started you can take the toothpick.

There are too many youtube videos explaining and i think i've read some tutorial where the toothpick was used in the USB BT method (not sure if it was on slimbox website or 4pda or freaktab or here)

PS: I installed a lot of slimbox and other ROMS and never rebooted into recovery, always used the toothpick method...

Thanks for your help . . . will revert to you (y)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

There is an app in slimbox site called cast receiver and it was built in in the previous ROMS. It works great but you need to enable it in slimbox settings so you can see the icon in the upper system bar saying it's ready to receive. And ofc both devices need to be in the same network, meaning for example 192.168.1.0/24 or it won't work...

No, something else, i've seen a lot of people having problems in vodafone tv new app in the recent days. You installed it from google play store in the slimbox rom? Try to download official apk from official vodafone site or from apkmirror or aptoide...
    Hello!
    I have a x96 max plus, I have tried several roms (aidans room, stock and slimbox) and with none I have been able to fix the audio problem in HBO MAX... I have already tried changing the surround settings one by one and disabling them completely, but nothing works, will it be a hardware problem?

Anyway, thanks a lot for the ROM, it's pretty good!!!!!
    Most likely this is because the audio track is 5.1. and if you don't have a 5.1 speaker system connected to the box or your TV it's not playing any audio. There's no setting to down mix that signal to stereo or surround on this box. I've noticed whenever I'm in ola and I play any channel that has 5.1 audio I get no sound and I've tried every setting possible in the box to get that sound. Now you didn't say what you're using to play HBO Max maybe you're running there app for that channel but if it's not built into the app it's not built into the box either so you end up with no audio.
    Thanks friend! But it did not work for me ... I have deactivated the HDMI SEC both in the box and in the TV. The box keeps turning on by itself ... The only way to turn it off is by disconnecting it from the electricity ... Thanks anyway! I will continue looking for the reason .... Greetings!

How do you turn off your box? the remote button just sends it to sleep. You need to go to settings or slimbox settings (not sure which one) and search for the power section to change remote power button function to turn off instead of sleep or turn off anything there that says wake up from sleep that's enabled by default. (other places in settings have wake up from sleep options enabled by default, you need to search them and disable), but i recommend option one.

Most likely this is because the audio track is 5.1. and if you don't have a 5.1 speaker system connected to the box or your TV it's not playing any audio. There's no setting to down mix that signal to stereo or surround on this box. I've noticed whenever I'm in ola and I play any channel that has 5.1 audio I get no sound and I've tried every setting possible in the box to get that sound. Now you didn't say what you're using to play HBO Max maybe you're running there app for that channel but if it's not built into the app it's not built into the box either so you end up with no audio.

Well, that's the only thing i don't understand about slimbox rom, how hard is to put software sound decoders like kodi has, built-in in the ROM. Dolby, Dolby digital plus and Viper are there for this case but i never used them because i don't know how...
    @sargaco thank you. I installed the CastReceiver Pro application in the X96 max plus2 Slimbox 12 ATV box and Chromecast mirroring works great !!!
    Actually, I believe you may need to thank @awibabau instead. I believe he was the one who suggested that. I will try it myself as the Google Chromecast installation didn't work for me.

Google Chromecast need some extra certifications if i'm not mistaken to work. You can install it but just stays there doing nothing!
    RY51YwF.png

project SLIMBOX

Multimedia firmware for TV boxes with Amlogic S912, S922X, S905X2, S905X3, S905X, S905W, S905Y2 processors

SLIMBOX ATV and AOSP are two custom firmwares suitable with some modifications for many android TV boxes.
    The main ATV firmware is installed via UBT.

Version 12.1

• Working system AFR for TV boxes on Amlogic S912 processor
    • AFR_CALC for manual use of the automatic frame rate function
    • In the recents window: pressing the MENU button will close all applications, pressing the UP button will close the selected application
    • Configurable Menu button in Remote Control Buttons app
    • Fixed setting to disable volume control in applications
    • Notification channel alerts are disabled by default
    • Screen resolution adjustments
    • Corrections in volume control for hdmi cec
    • PIE version will use Redmi Note 7 Pro in google services
    • ATV version will use MECOOL KM9 PRO in google services
    • System amendments

Cumulative patch for SLIMBOX

New changes:

Contains:

Supported TV boxes

SLIMBOX ver 8

• Updated google services and apk
    ВЂ Returned the choice in the settings of a dark or white theme
    • Returned additional image settings
    • Updated firmware
    • In AOSP, I returned the recent stocks and closed the menu button
    • Added debug settings
    • Added additional power settings
    • Various system corrections
    I tried out all the Netflix APKs found in this link http://freeaddons.free.fr/public/AML/X96AIR/Apps Apk/Netflix/

They are all the mobile version of Netflix. I have found a working Android TV version of Netflix if the person who manages that link wants to upload it.

Hi @SlimHouse

I'm a contributor to NOVA Video Player, and we've been reported this issue: https://github.com/nova-video-player/aos-AVP/issues/393
    This issue is a bug in your ROM, it declares leanback/television support, without actually providing framework for it.

In this case, you're lacking TvProvider (PRODUCT_PACKAGES += TvProvider). But you should be inheriting device/google/atv/products/atv_system.mk really.

While you're there, you should probably also include LiveTv app, so you get acess to tv input services, like haystack live tv.
    tuto here https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv...-android-9-0-media-player?p=812451#post812451
    Code:
    Tutorial Flash Rom X96AIR

by ATVx96Air

Preambule

What are your Hardware version ?

X96 air P1, P2/V2, P3, P4 PCB version? 2Go/16Go or 4Go/64Go ?
    Very important stop if you don't know your version

What kind of rom type you need?

- Stock (build in rom) - Android (phone) AOSP - Android TV -Stock Custom etc

Any roms for X96air P3 version here

So you need:

- 1 X96AIR box
    - 1 SD card
    - Amlogic Burn Card Maker v2.0.2

Pre-installation

1- Prepare SD Card

On Pc
    Open Aml Burn Card Maker , select SD card letter ex: P: , select rom file ex: and check "to partition and format" button

Now click on "make"

Format sdcard and copy file begin.... let software do it
    SD card is ready now !!

Flash New rom on the box method SD card

First Now Power off and unplug AC power box /!\ !!!

1- Flash box with new rom

Put Sd card in the box , put a toothpick in av/out and plug AC power cable
    the droid logo appear unplug toothpick and progress bar for update launch...
    Flash is begin wait wait wait dont panic!!!

After flash the box booting on the new rom you choose ...

Now you can drink a Coffee and read the Part 2

2-Install Tools

to continue you can install
    - Aptoide TV to have a alternative store link here
    - SAI Splitt Apk Installer to install bundle apk (ex: Disney+) link here

3-install APK'S apps for your favorite apps

Folder apk apps here

- Netflix (Dont do update after install)
    - Molotov TV (install version 1.5 to force ATV) aide install 3.43
    - Disney + (use SAI app to install bundle)
    - Amazon Prime video

Nota:
    [QUOTE=billouetaudrey;n812476]Install with success with SD Maker ( thanks to ATVx96air )

Now, just two " bug "

Disney+ don't have sound ( HDMI ) ( sound ok with molotov tv for example )
    Netflix not working ( maybe you have apk ? )  ???[/QUOTE]

Solution:
    For slimbox 7 x96air rom
    Disney+ bug is on lot of box because no stereo flux in HD , put disney+ seeting in Economise Data Disney+ 1.6.2 apk bundle (install with SAI)
    Netflix not allowed apps on device without DRM L1 so put a working version here Netflix (no atv) usable with remote

4 -French ISP TV apps

if you are in france , any apps for TV here
    French ISP: Free, Red by SFR ,Bouygues etc....

Atvx96air French Guy I am
    I come back quickly with the tuto
    Great forum thanks all
    Download slimbox v7 here : https://mega.nz/folder/EKpxURCA#S2PgP0RmGGG0tlpB8owDkA/folder/Yepn3aib
    Download SlinBox v8 here : https://mega.nz/folder/VfwVVRjI#8NcwpJ_Fheqp-z7slEymWA/folder/4WwlUbCY

to update V7 to V8 to sd card after make sdcard with v8 rom
    Code:
    [common]
    erase_bootloader    =0
    erase_flash         =0
    reboot              =1
    in aml_sdc_burn.ini
    Edit 22/01/2021
    NEW LINKS 2021
    New download page here: Slimboxtv.ru
    For P3 version here : https://yadi.sk/d/qK-h74ni8rh7lA?w=1
    All apk for French Country here: All apk for France ISP