• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

project SLIMBOX

Search This thread

Amphil13

Sep 26, 2015
My A95x_F3_AIR_ was stacked in boot loop and I was able to revive it with the slimbox rom but after it came on I can't connect to wifi or Bluetooth I checked my Mac address and it was empty , please any help to fix it ?

rolo2020

Nov 25, 2020
Hello people! I have slimbox 12.1 ATV installed on x96 max plus 2, everything works perfectly. Great job, by the way! I would need advice on the best way to play content from my smartphone to the box. From now many thanks and greetings!

techdimi

Jun 1, 2016
I installed the latest version of Slimbox on my A95X F3 just to check the rom and it has pre installed malware files, there are 5 malwares apk files in total. I have noticed that they are trojans and they want to autostart every new session. From my understanding they can keylog all your personal typed information incluging your google info.

This project is officially dead I guess

Last edited:

awibabau

Jan 14, 2021
I installed the latest version of Slimbox on my A95X F3 jjust to check the pre installed malware files and yup there are 5 malwares apk files. They are trojans and want to autostart so they can keylog all your google information. Yup just download Malwarebytes app in order to remove em but can you be sure that you are not already hijacked ?

This project is officially dead I guess

What? Keylog what? hijacked? Just change your google password, and be sure that if anyone outside your geo location or even with a different ip address than your used logins will have to pass through the security questions and in yor emails you will receive an email saying someone from another ip tried to log in...

If you have doubts just use a brand new email in the box!!! Who uses their real email on this android boxes anyway?

But tell me what apps, probably NUM or any other modded apk that wasn't signed by official android google certified apps...

Well, you can unninstall every app that comes with slimbox, you know that don't you?

Last edited:

tandent

Oct 2, 2021
RY51YwF.png

project SLIMBOX

Multimedia firmware for TV boxes with Amlogic S912, S922X, S905X2, S905X3, S905X, S905W, S905Y2 processors

SLIMBOX ATV and AOSP are two custom firmwares suitable with some modifications for many android TV boxes.
The main ATV firmware is installed via UBT.

Version 12.1

• Working system AFR for TV boxes on Amlogic S912 processor
• AFR_CALC for manual use of the automatic frame rate function
• In the recents window: pressing the MENU button will close all applications, pressing the UP button will close the selected application
• Configurable Menu button in Remote Control Buttons app
• Fixed setting to disable volume control in applications
• Notification channel alerts are disabled by default
• Screen resolution adjustments
• Corrections in volume control for hdmi cec
• PIE version will use Redmi Note 7 Pro in google services
• ATV 版本將在谷歌服務中使用 MECOOL KM9 PRO
• 系統修正
[/隱藏]

SLIMBOX 的累積補丁

[隱藏]
新變化:

包含:

[/隱藏]

支持的電視盒
[隱藏]
• S905X3
⬇️ A95X F3,空氣,超薄
⬇️ AX95 數據庫
⬇️ Beelink GT1 Mini2
⬇️ H9-X3、TranSpeed-X3-Pro、IE-X3-Air
⬇️ HK1 Box、VONTAR X3、Transpeed X3 Air、H96 MAX X3
⬇️ HK1 BOX 100M LAN
⬇️ 王諾X10 MAX
⬇️ N5MAX-X3
⬇️ S9最大
⬇️ T96Z
⬇️ 丹力士TX3
⬇️ Tanix TX5 PLUS
⬇️ 毒物1
⬇️ Ugoos X2 立方體,專業版
⬇️ Ugoos X3 立方體,專業版
⬇️ X88 Pro X3 (не шифрованный)、X99 Max Plus、Transpeed X3 Plus
⬇️ X96Air
⬇️ X96Max-Plus

• S905X2
⬇️ Beelink GT1 迷你
⬇️ X96MAX X2 (старая ревизия), T95Q (ревизия №1 — старая

• S905Y2
⬇️ Okko 智能盒子
⬇️ X96S 電視棒

• S905W
⬇️ X96Mini, TX3 Mini

• S905X
⬇️ 晨 s905x
⬇️ 魔見N5

• S912
⬇️ Beelink GT1 終極版
⬇️ H96 Pro+
⬇️ Mecool BB2 和 Pro
⬇️ 美酷 M8S PRO
⬇️ 丹力士TX9S
⬇️ Tronsmart Vega S96
⬇️ 優果AM3
⬇️ X92
⬇️ X98 Pro
⬇️ YokaTV KB2 Pro

• S922X
⬇️ Minix NEO U22-XJ
⬇️ Ugoos AM6, PRO, Plus
⬇️ X88王
[/隱藏]

聯繫人

[隱藏]
電報
電報聊天
YouTube
[/隱藏]​

schiway

May 27, 2010
I have a "fake" TX3-mini, I successfully flashed slimbox os, but wifi and bluetooth don't work, are there any methods to make them work?

pogs24ever

Jul 24, 2010
I love this ATV rom on My X96 Max+ 64 4gb.

However, it wont boot to Emuelec like the stock rom.. I guess i will go back to stock as i love playing retro games with it.

Any advice why this device loose its capability to boot to SD card when inserted?

Rainey222

Oct 17, 2020
Slim House

It seems something changed at the slimbox website for the
x96 Max Plus firmware page.

There was a link to take you to the 4PDA website to identify the version of the box you have so you know what firmware to use.
Seems that link stopped working something changed at that website. Anyways after some searching I found the new location of that info, you can use the following link

dimst1

Oct 4, 2021
hi
this firm is very good and thank you.
I own a tanix tx3 2/16 and i test it. very fast and smooth without bloat.
But i have the known problem with 9012p wifi chip. Rom works but no wifi.
Can you please import the driver?
I found a previous moded version 10.6 that worked but seems old and has bloatware.
Thank you in advance

SlimHouse

Dec 30, 2009
Moscow
hi
this firm is very good and thank you.
I own a tanix tx3 2/16 and i test it. very fast and smooth without bloat.
But i have the known problem with 9012p wifi chip. Rom works but no wifi.
Can you please import the driver?
I found a previous moded version 10.6 that worked but seems old and has bloatware.
Thank you in advance
Hi. I need a factory working firmware from your set-top box

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why are you spamming the whole thread with multiple messages? You can still edit your first one :)
    That said, I think it is very easy to buy a male-to-male USB cable in a shop or online, unless you live in a very remote area.
    That's not a firmware problem dude, you need to go to the network connection issues department...
    Well, 13 is unlucky number, so no slimbox v13 :p

14 is out but on beta i'm afraid. You should wait, go 12.2.
    I took my x96Max Plus2 from 10.4 to 14 and so far all is well.

Just had to change a few settings that were hard to find. My keyboard had Russian charters, tried everything to find the bad setting, than finally found the correct setting in the notifications list about keyboard setup.

I had an issue with app drawer putting all the icons up and down the right side of the screen when I returned to the home screen. So I disabled app drawer. But that was after I had installed app starter. As that's the one I like. So it was minor issue but I never had this issue before.

It fixed my G30s voice remote mic to work, not only with Google assistance but in each app that supports it. That's what I really wanted.

It fixed my issue with playing ac3 5.1 on my old tv with only two speakers. The box finally down mixes to stereo.

The only problem I have is this box always had low audio output volume, I always had viper4androidFX installed so I guess a will still need that. I see Dolby is an option also but not sure if that can increase audio gain like viper.
    If anyone knows please let me know before I try install and then remove it to find out.

Thank SlimHouse for this great firmware.
    Hi @SlimHouse, please could you tell me which firmware will suit on my Beelink GT1?
    Here is the device specs:
    CPU Amlogic S912
    2GB DDR3 RAM
    16 GB ROM
    QC9377 Wi-Fi chip
    1Giga LAN
    Board G912

Do Tronsmart Vega S96 or Mecool BB2 will work?
    Thank you!

----edit-----

I flashed Pie firmware for Ugoo AM3 as suggested in post #858 and everything is good apart a weird error message spamming in matlog:

MesonHwc
    Too many layers need CURSOR_PLANE, skip.

I had some problem in using the mouse to enable options on some apps, while using the remote control everything is fine.
    Any hint?
    With Ugoos AM3 FW you have not get any issue?
    No.
    Try these steps:
    -install flashtool and drivers while the tvbox is switched on and connected to the PC.
    -once installed drivers, start flashtool and switch TV box off and remove it from PC.
    -load firmware on flashtool and click on start.
    -put TV box in recovery mode pushing the hidden switch while inserting the USB in your PC.
    -flash process will start and much likely it will stop at 1%. Insert power supply plug in the TV box and the flash process will start again by itself.

If you get some error, try using another USB port either on the PC or the box.
    RY51YwF.png

project SLIMBOX

Multimedia firmware for TV boxes with Amlogic S912, S922X, S905X2, S905X3, S905X, S905W, S905Y2 processors

SLIMBOX ATV and AOSP are two custom firmwares suitable with some modifications for many android TV boxes.
    The main ATV firmware is installed via UBT.

Version 14

• Installing patches from settings
    • Fixes for problems with sound
    • Fixed a soundbar bug when activating services in special features (ATV)
    • Added USB settings, animation speed
    • Advanced Bluetooth settings
    • Added support for Vulkan (s905x2, s905x3)
    • Added the code for the AFR_CALC button to the Key remapping application
    • Configuring AFR_CALC in Application Key remapping
    • Updating built-in applications
    • System amendments

Cumulative patch for SLIMBOX

New changes:

Contains:

Supported TV boxes

SLIMBOX ver 8

• Updated google services and apk
    ВЂ Returned the choice in the settings of a dark or white theme
    • Returned additional image settings
    • Updated firmware
    • In AOSP, I returned the recent stocks and closed the menu button
    • Added debug settings
    • Added additional power settings
    • Various system corrections
    I have found out how to root SlimRom with Magisk:

1. Root SlimRom via the settings
    Then you will have "Superuser" rooting.

2. Install TWRP
    You don't need to, but you can install your TWRP image permanently via the TWRP app:

3. Extract boot.img
    You need to extract "boot.img" in TWRP:
    Code:
    cat /dev/block/boot > /sdcard/boot.img

4. Patch the stock boot.img with Magisk manager app
    Install Magisk manager apk.
    Press the upper install button and select the stock boot.img.
    Magisk will create a patched boot.img.

5. Now unroot in SlimBox settings

6. Flash the patched boot.img in TWRP by selecting install, then image, then choose the file, to "boot"

7. Finally flash Magisk.zip in TWRP

Thats it.
    3. Extract boot.img from stock firmware
    You need to have a stock rom for your device.
    Ideally a zipped rom, so that you can extract the "boot.img" out of it.

In case you have an img-file, than you need to extract "boot.img" out of it via Amlogic toolkit:

By this you can extract the stock boot.img from the stock firmware.

This is only good for android 7 images, Android 9 (which most people are using) is totally different.
    To root slimbox you only need patch the current boot.img
    In twrp :
    cat /dev/block/boot > /sdcard/boot.img

Then use magisk to patch the img

Reboot to twrp

Flash the patched boot.img to boot.

Reboot
    I tried out all the Netflix APKs found in this link http://freeaddons.free.fr/public/AML/X96AIR/Apps Apk/Netflix/

They are all the mobile version of Netflix. I have found a working Android TV version of Netflix if the person who manages that link wants to upload it.