• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

project SLIMBOX

Search This thread

Rainey222

Oct 17, 2020
Hey guys

I have a G30s air mouse remote.
Running on my x96Max Plus2.
In slimbox v9 the voice search worked for ATV but not in other apps.

I just noticed in slimbox 10.4 voice search is not working at all.

Wondering if anyone has a fix,
or if slimbox 12 is any better?
Working with this remote.

In more settings I search for mic and it finds the device under physical keyboard

SG.Ltd SG Control Mic

But the only setting are keyboard layout

Last edited:

Milde60

May 29, 2021
Hey guys

I have a G30s air mouse remote.
Running on my x96Max Plus2.
In slimbox v9 the voice search worked for ATV but not in other apps.

I just noticed in slimbox 10.4 voice search is not working at all.

Wondering if anyone has a fix,
or if slimbox 12 is any better?
Working with this remote.

In more settings I search for mic and it finds the device under physical keyboard

SG.Ltd SG Control Mic

But the only setting are keyboard layout
Hi, I have a G 50s mouse and voice search works for me in slimbox 12.1 normally. X96Max Plus2.

Reactions: Rainey222

Crocodilek

Oct 21, 2010
Hi Guys,

I've installed slimBOXtv on my X96 Mini tv box. It works quite well, considering it's quite old and underpowered box. Unfortunately I'm experiencing a very annoying problem with the AOSP keyboard and the included tv remote.

It's not possible to use the AOSP keyboard because pressing the center dpad button closes it instead of confirming the selected letter. In all other places the center dpad button works fine (selecting apps, selecting options, etc.), it even works fine with some other keyboards - for example the Lean Keyboard Pro, but neither I've checked is as good or supports Polish. The GBoard Keyboard (Google Keyboard) experiences the same problem as AOSP.

I've also installed slimBOXtv on X96 Air P2 and the AOSP keyboard problem is not there.

Is there some way I can fix this problem? Maybe I need to change some settings or modify some mappings?

Best regards!

Rainey222

Oct 17, 2020
Hi Guys,

I've installed slimBOXtv on my X96 Mini tv box. It works quite well, considering it's quite old and underpowered box. Unfortunately I'm experiencing a very annoying problem with the AOSP keyboard and the included tv remote.

It's not possible to use the AOSP keyboard because pressing the center dpad button closes it instead of confirming the selected letter. In all other places the center dpad button works fine (selecting apps, selecting options, etc.), it even works fine with some other keyboards - for example the Lean Keyboard Pro, but neither I've checked is as good or supports Polish. The GBoard Keyboard (Google Keyboard) experiences the same problem as AOSP.

I've also installed slimBOXtv on X96 Air P2 and the AOSP keyboard problem is not there.

Is there some way I can fix this problem? Maybe I need to change some settings or modify some mappings?

Best regards!
This might help

Noter2017

Dec 10, 2016
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Xiaomi Mi Band 4
I'm still running 12.1 on my box and had the problem that after 2 - 3 days of inactivity, the box couldn't connect to the internet and a reboot was necessary to fix it

Giving the box a static IP address in settings solved that. 2 weeks without a reboot and everything works 👍🏻

Reactions: willymoto

crok.bic

Dec 22, 2010
Debrecen
[..omitted..]

Hi,

I'm trying to install Magisk on my X96 Mini (S905W) running Slimbox v12 AOSP Pie (not ATV, because some important apps are not available for ATV) but it always says Installed: NA in Magisk. I tried your method with Magisk V23 and with the mentioned, old Magisk Manager v8.0.7, too. Did anything change? Any ideas how to root Slimbox Pie V12 nowadays? Thank you!
Dear @SlimHouse

May I have a relatively(?) small feature request? In the next release for the above mentioned hardware (X96 Mini (S905W)) may you please enable ramdisk when you build the kernel? That would allow me to install Magisk (hopefully) and I would be able to change the props with MHPC to mimic an existing phone, pass SafetyNet with Riru + USNF (+probably freezing Magisk app.. yeah.. complicated..) and finally install and use Vodafone TV HU (because it refuses to run on the AOSP build because of "modified system" - so I would like to mimic a phone and pass SafetyNet and hide the fact that this is an Amlogic TV box).

Thank you in advance!

hzjinfu

Oct 19, 2021
I have a s905x, the motherboard display model is m9+ s905x, configured as 2 plus 16, wifi chip is 8723bs, now brush s905x 12.2. the problem is: 1 boot speed is very slow, should only be compatible with my box. 2 wifi is working and Bluetooth is not working. 3 After the brush is completed so the usb port can not be used, update the firmware brush machine can not usb identification device. 4 Power on and off indicators are blue, the indicator lights will not change color. The overall system is very good, after normal power-up is very perfect, I hope to help me solve these problems, thank you! ! Forgive me for my English

ElmTunes

Nov 6, 2012
Hi,

I have installed latest SlimboxTV ATV version on my HK1 box. All works fine and defently much more smoothly as with original firmware... Great job guys 👍

But I have one problem. I use also QiDianz Mini Wireless Keyboard which works top but if want to enter anything into an input field the the inputed text is not visible in German. It looks like Russian? letters?

Android on HK1 box is configured with German language and keyboard also with German one.

Do you have any idea why I don't see the German entered text?

Thanks a lot...

Update - I should first search, sorry....I found the hint the deep in the settings there is another place where language for the keyboard could be configured. Now it works fine... Sorry again...

Last edited:
Reactions: awibabau

Crocodilek

Oct 21, 2010
This might help

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion but I couldn't get it to work. I'm using the standard IR remote that was included with X96 mini so I think it doesn't have any specific Vendor and Product ids. Here's what shows in /proc/bus/input/devices;

franklin:/ # cat /proc/bus/input/devices
I: Bus=0010 Vendor=0001 Product=0001 Version=0100
N: Name="gpio_keypad"
P: Phys=gpio_keypad/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/gpio_keypad/input/input0
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event0
B: PROP=0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=100000 0 0 0

N: Name="aml_keypad"
P: Phys=keypad/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/c8100580.rc/input/input1
H: Handlers=kbd mouse0 event1
B: EV=7
B: KEY=ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff 0 0 70000 ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff fffffffe
B: REL=103

I: Bus=0010 Vendor=1b8e Product=0cec Version=0001
N: Name="cec_input"
P: Phys=
S: Sysfs=/devices/virtual/input/input2
H: Handlers=kbd event2
B: KEY=1 0 0 0 0 100000 0 0 0

I: Bus=0006 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0001
N: Name="virtual-search"
P: [email protected]
S: Sysfs=/devices/virtual/input/input11
H: Handlers=kbd event11
B: EV=13
B: KEY=3ffc0000 0 fc110 2047062 0 1b0000 0 0 2018200 11f8 40400800 1e1680 180001f f8000000 10004ffc
B: MSC=c0

I've managed to find out that the scancode for the button is 28, it now represents ENTER and for it to work with the keyboard, it would have to represent DPAD_CENTER. Unfortunately I cannot seem to find a way to make it do that. I've even edited Generic.kl and changed the respectable line to:

But that didn't change anything, the AOSP keyboard still closes when trying to type any letter.

Does someone have any other suggestions? Maybe @SlimHouse ?

Best regards!

willymoto

Mar 28, 2021
Nexus 7 (2013)
Sony Xperia ZR
I think you are paranoid. That's not a good condition to have while trying custom ROMS in non certified android boxes. I mean...if you afraid of catching virus you should not use anything that can identify you on this boxes. I don't know why people try it.

Anyway, paranoid aside, nothing is safe. And those apps malwarebytes claims they are malware is probably due to the fact that all of them have a vulnerability which is running at boot with root privileges. Any app that has root privileges without asking is a vulnerabillity and malwarebytes thinking about your safety (LIE) flag it cause they care.

Just out of curiosity, did you try using malwarebytes with your own android chinese box stock firmware? Cause if you do you will be even more paranoid!! Given stock firmware came with kodis installed and other stuff...

Even Xiaomi Mi Box s has stuff there in the system apps that should scare you!!!

The factory image of most Chinese TV boxes are rooted by default, and then running a mix of both Android (Smartphone) & Android (TV) in a state that's not very user friendly (for someone with tech background, then one will understand the UI inconsistency of mixing 2 Android versions on the same box, but not everyone does). Slimbox TV Pie build carefully addresses the UI inconsistency and the result is fantastic so far.

As for untrustworthiness of factory image of many Chinese TV boxes, yes, there is well documented information online about them.

Eg. Kernel backdoor on Allwinner SoC & Amlogic SoC
Well, backdoor is not malware but it allows malware to come in easy. Worse, it enables take-over by default.

Which is why, I believe these boxes need to be flashed with custom ROM shipped by trustworthy teams & developers.

You pointed out even Xiaomi Mi Box S has stuff scary to people, and I am not that surprised. However, Mi Box S is Google certified (unlike many other Chinese TV boxes), so maybe if you bring it up to Google, the giant would send some people to check on it.

Regardless, if it's software, then it should be fixable. Eg. Armbian Linux developers are building their own kernel and those planted backdoors are gone for good.

================

I think Slimbox TV Pie build is the first Android TV image that makes it as close to smartphone experience as possible (the image is based on Redmi Note 7 Pro, after all). It would be wonderful if custom Kernel is being built for this TV box image to reduce further any vulnerability surface (similar to Custom Kernel for smartphone nowadays). However, considering that Amlogic drivers are mostly close source, it will be a tremendous undertaking to make it work.

We should be grateful to SlimHouse and the effort making Slimbox TV available. I guess if there's enough demand someone knowledgeable enough would step up & meet the challenge of building custom Kernel for Slimbox TV someday maybe 😊.

Last edited:

SlimHouse

Dec 30, 2009
Moscow
Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion but I couldn't get it to work. I'm using the standard IR remote that was included with X96 mini so I think it doesn't have any specific Vendor and Product ids. Here's what shows in /proc/bus/input/devices;

franklin:/ # cat /proc/bus/input/devices
N: Name="gpio_keypad"
P: Phys=gpio_keypad/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/gpio_keypad/input/input0
H: Handlers=kbd event0
B: KEY=100000 0 0 0

N: Name="aml_keypad"
P: Phys=keypad/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/c8100580.rc/input/input1
H: Handlers=kbd mouse0 event1
B: EV=7
B: KEY=ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff 0 0 70000 ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff fffffffe
B: REL=103

I: Bus=0010 Vendor=1b8e Product=0cec Version=0001
N: Name="cec_input"
P: Phys=
S: Sysfs=/devices/virtual/input/input2
H: Handlers=kbd event2
B: KEY=1 0 0 0 0 100000 0 0 0

I: Bus=0006 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0001
N: Name="virtual-search"
P: [email protected]
S: Sysfs=/devices/virtual/input/input11
H: Handlers=kbd event11
B: EV=13
B: KEY=3ffc0000 0 fc110 2047062 0 1b0000 0 0 2018200 11f8 40400800 1e1680 180001f f8000000 10004ffc
B: MSC=c0

I've managed to find out that the scancode for the button is 28, it now represents ENTER and for it to work with the keyboard, it would have to represent DPAD_CENTER. Unfortunately I cannot seem to find a way to make it do that. I've even edited Generic.kl and changed the respectable line to:

But that didn't change anything, the AOSP keyboard still closes when trying to type any letter.

Does someone have any other suggestions? Maybe @SlimHouse ?

Best regards!
vendor\usr\keylayout\Vendor_0001_Product_0001.kl make the same changes key 28 DPAD_CENTER

ElmTunes

Nov 6, 2012
Hi there. I have put the slimbox rom in a tanix tx3 mini and it works very well but Amazon Prime video throws me an error in the hdmi, I have changed the cable twice and it remains the same. Please could you give me a solution. Thank you so much
Hi, I have the same problem with my HK1 box. I used the Amazon prime app directly from Playstore. App so far runs, but if I want to start any movie I get this HDMI error...

How can I solve that?
Do I need anther APK?

And I have another question... Would it be possible that Amazon prime stuff will be also displayed in main menu stream, like for other apps?

LITUATUI

Jun 3, 2021
Hi.

Is it possible to add HS2734A WiFi drivers for the H96 mini (S905W)?

The latest CoreELEC Amlogic-ng (kernel 4.9) has them working.

Thanks in advance!

techallinone

Nov 5, 2020
Hi pls help , i want to know how to update to latest version of slimbox rom without losing data in internal storage ? , i am using s905x3 x96maxplus q2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why are you spamming the whole thread with multiple messages? You can still edit your first one :)
    That said, I think it is very easy to buy a male-to-male USB cable in a shop or online, unless you live in a very remote area.
    That's not a firmware problem dude, you need to go to the network connection issues department...
    Well, 13 is unlucky number, so no slimbox v13 :p

14 is out but on beta i'm afraid. You should wait, go 12.2.
    I took my x96Max Plus2 from 10.4 to 14 and so far all is well.

Just had to change a few settings that were hard to find. My keyboard had Russian charters, tried everything to find the bad setting, than finally found the correct setting in the notifications list about keyboard setup.

I had an issue with app drawer putting all the icons up and down the right side of the screen when I returned to the home screen. So I disabled app drawer. But that was after I had installed app starter. As that's the one I like. So it was minor issue but I never had this issue before.

It fixed my G30s voice remote mic to work, not only with Google assistance but in each app that supports it. That's what I really wanted.

It fixed my issue with playing ac3 5.1 on my old tv with only two speakers. The box finally down mixes to stereo.

The only problem I have is this box always had low audio output volume, I always had viper4androidFX installed so I guess a will still need that. I see Dolby is an option also but not sure if that can increase audio gain like viper.
    If anyone knows please let me know before I try install and then remove it to find out.

Thank SlimHouse for this great firmware.
    Hi @SlimHouse, please could you tell me which firmware will suit on my Beelink GT1?
    Here is the device specs:
    CPU Amlogic S912
    2GB DDR3 RAM
    16 GB ROM
    QC9377 Wi-Fi chip
    1Giga LAN
    Board G912

Do Tronsmart Vega S96 or Mecool BB2 will work?
    Thank you!

----edit-----

I flashed Pie firmware for Ugoo AM3 as suggested in post #858 and everything is good apart a weird error message spamming in matlog:

MesonHwc
    Too many layers need CURSOR_PLANE, skip.

I had some problem in using the mouse to enable options on some apps, while using the remote control everything is fine.
    Any hint?
    The only problem I have is this box always had low audio output volume, I always had viper4androidFX installed so I guess a will still need that. I see Dolby is an option also but not sure if that can increase audio gain like viper.
    If anyone knows please let me know before I try install and then remove it to find out.

Thank SlimHouse for this great firmware.

If you install dolby in the settings the only thing you will have is the Dolby "line" or "Rf" mixing stuff and some equalizers if you open it i guess...
    RY51YwF.png

project SLIMBOX

Multimedia firmware for TV boxes with Amlogic S912, S922X, S905X2, S905X3, S905X, S905W, S905Y2 processors

SLIMBOX ATV and AOSP are two custom firmwares suitable with some modifications for many android TV boxes.
    The main ATV firmware is installed via UBT.

Version 14

• Installing patches from settings
    • Fixes for problems with sound
    • Fixed a soundbar bug when activating services in special features (ATV)
    • Added USB settings, animation speed
    • Advanced Bluetooth settings
    • Added support for Vulkan (s905x2, s905x3)
    • Added the code for the AFR_CALC button to the Key remapping application
    • Configuring AFR_CALC in Application Key remapping
    • Updating built-in applications
    • System amendments

Cumulative patch for SLIMBOX

New changes:

Contains:

Supported TV boxes

SLIMBOX ver 8

• Updated google services and apk
    ВЂ Returned the choice in the settings of a dark or white theme
    • Returned additional image settings
    • Updated firmware
    • In AOSP, I returned the recent stocks and closed the menu button
    • Added debug settings
    • Added additional power settings
    • Various system corrections
    I have found out how to root SlimRom with Magisk:

1. Root SlimRom via the settings
    Then you will have "Superuser" rooting.

2. Install TWRP
    You don't need to, but you can install your TWRP image permanently via the TWRP app:

3. Extract boot.img
    You need to extract "boot.img" in TWRP:
    Code:
    cat /dev/block/boot > /sdcard/boot.img

4. Patch the stock boot.img with Magisk manager app
    Install Magisk manager apk.
    Press the upper install button and select the stock boot.img.
    Magisk will create a patched boot.img.

5. Now unroot in SlimBox settings

6. Flash the patched boot.img in TWRP by selecting install, then image, then choose the file, to "boot"

7. Finally flash Magisk.zip in TWRP

Thats it.
    I tried out all the Netflix APKs found in this link http://freeaddons.free.fr/public/AML/X96AIR/Apps Apk/Netflix/

They are all the mobile version of Netflix. I have found a working Android TV version of Netflix if the person who manages that link wants to upload it.

tuto here https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv...-android-9-0-media-player?p=812451#post812451
    Code:
    Tutorial Flash Rom X96AIR

by ATVx96Air

Preambule

What are your Hardware version ?

X96 air P1, P2/V2, P3, P4 PCB version? 2Go/16Go or 4Go/64Go ?
    Very important stop if you don't know your version

What kind of rom type you need?

- Stock (build in rom) - Android (phone) AOSP - Android TV -Stock Custom etc

Any roms for X96air P3 version here

So you need:

- 1 X96AIR box
    - 1 SD card
    - Amlogic Burn Card Maker v2.0.2

Pre-installation

1- Prepare SD Card

On Pc
    Open Aml Burn Card Maker , select SD card letter ex: P: , select rom file ex: and check "to partition and format" button

Now click on "make"

Format sdcard and copy file begin.... let software do it
    SD card is ready now !!

Flash New rom on the box method SD card

First Now Power off and unplug AC power box /!\ !!!

1- Flash box with new rom

Put Sd card in the box , put a toothpick in av/out and plug AC power cable
    the droid logo appear unplug toothpick and progress bar for update launch...
    Flash is begin wait wait wait dont panic!!!

After flash the box booting on the new rom you choose ...

Now you can drink a Coffee and read the Part 2

2-Install Tools

to continue you can install
    - Aptoide TV to have a alternative store link here
    - SAI Splitt Apk Installer to install bundle apk (ex: Disney+) link here

3-install APK'S apps for your favorite apps

Folder apk apps here

- Netflix (Dont do update after install)
    - Molotov TV (install version 1.5 to force ATV) aide install 3.43
    - Disney + (use SAI app to install bundle)
    - Amazon Prime video

Nota:
    [QUOTE=billouetaudrey;n812476]Install with success with SD Maker ( thanks to ATVx96air )

Now, just two " bug "

Disney+ don't have sound ( HDMI ) ( sound ok with molotov tv for example )
    Netflix not working ( maybe you have apk ? )  ???[/QUOTE]

Solution:
    For slimbox 7 x96air rom
    Disney+ bug is on lot of box because no stereo flux in HD , put disney+ seeting in Economise Data Disney+ 1.6.2 apk bundle (install with SAI)
    Netflix not allowed apps on device without DRM L1 so put a working version here Netflix (no atv) usable with remote

4 -French ISP TV apps

if you are in france , any apps for TV here
    French ISP: Free, Red by SFR ,Bouygues etc....

Atvx96air French Guy I am
    I come back quickly with the tuto
    Great forum thanks all
    Download slimbox v7 here : https://mega.nz/folder/EKpxURCA#S2PgP0RmGGG0tlpB8owDkA/folder/Yepn3aib
    Download SlinBox v8 here : https://mega.nz/folder/VfwVVRjI#8NcwpJ_Fheqp-z7slEymWA/folder/4WwlUbCY

to update V7 to V8 to sd card after make sdcard with v8 rom
    Code:
    [common]
    erase_bootloader    =0
    erase_flash         =0
    reboot              =1
    in aml_sdc_burn.ini
    Edit 22/01/2021
    NEW LINKS 2021
    New download page here: Slimboxtv.ru
    For P3 version here : https://yadi.sk/d/qK-h74ni8rh7lA?w=1
    All apk for French Country here: All apk for France ISP