• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

project SLIMBOX

Search This thread

JeanDmble

Dec 31, 2015
Hi Slim great rom and I found a slimbox 10.4 firmware for tx3 mini AP6330 on 4pda and the burning and everything else is working great except the remote control OK, Home, Menu and Back key doesn't work. I couldn't find any forum about your firmware and the tx3 mini AP6330 so its the only place I could ask.
Thanks
Jay
Same problem here, volume up-down on TX3-mini factory remote control also not working after installing sbx_tx3mini_9012p_pie_v14.7z. Slimbox root switch also not working (no root possible). Everything else seems to be perfect. Did you get a solution on your side? Thank you.

wmiki75

Oct 27, 2011
Hi @SlimHouse, please could you tell me which firmware will suit on my Beelink GT1?
Here is the device specs:
CPU Amlogic S912
2GB DDR3 RAM
16 GB ROM
QC9377 Wi-Fi chip
1Giga LAN
Board G912

Do Tronsmart Vega S96 or Mecool BB2 will work?
Thank you!

----edit-----

I flashed Pie firmware for Ugoo AM3 as suggested in post #858 and everything is good apart a weird error message spamming in matlog:

MesonHwc
Too many layers need CURSOR_PLANE, skip.

I had some problem in using the mouse to enable options on some apps, while using the remote control everything is fine.
Any hint?
Can you fix it somehow?

wmiki75

Oct 27, 2011
AirMouse not working? How can you control, the TV box?
Have you tried another ROMs for Beelink GT1?

Flounderist

Jan 7, 2016
Cork
AirMouse not working? How can you control, the TV box?
Have you tried another ROMs for Beelink GT1?
I didn't tried airmouse. Moving with cursor inside the menu was enough.
I tried another ROM (the Tronsmart one) before but I was getting a mismatch error on flashtool (I'm not sure if it was ROM related tho).

Rainey222

Oct 17, 2020
Hi @SlimHouse, please could you tell me which firmware will suit on my Beelink GT1?
Here is the device specs:
CPU Amlogic S912
2GB DDR3 RAM
16 GB ROM
QC9377 Wi-Fi chip
1Giga LAN
Board G912

Do Tronsmart Vega S96 or Mecool BB2 will work?
Thank you!

----edit-----

I flashed Pie firmware for Ugoo AM3 as suggested in post #858 and everything is good apart a weird error message spamming in matlog:

MesonHwc
Too many layers need CURSOR_PLANE, skip.

I had some problem in using the mouse to enable options on some apps, while using the remote control everything is fine.
Any hint?
Looks like you have the GT1 ultimate. Go to the slim box website link below and select the language combo box for your language using Chrome browser. And choose the correct file for your box. You can search the site for GT1 and see there's three different GT1 boxes with many files for each. So make sure you're getting the right file. But it looks like it's the first file listed for the ultimate

Flounderist

Jan 7, 2016
Cork
Anyway, i get this error message, when i try to upload AM3 FW, with USB Burning Tool 2.0.8.:
[0x10105002]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/USB Control setup error
My TV box ran Alvatech for a long while then suddenly it started giving problem with Wi-Fi and I was forced to leave it.

About the error, it looks like the same I had. Try to use the USB port next to the SD card slot, it worked for me.

P.s. Beelink box has very weak internal battery. You must plug the power supply to the box once the flash process started otherwise it will always abort at 1%. ;)

Reactions: wmiki75

jimjack12

Feb 15, 2020
Good morning to the whole Forum and thank you very much for the great work @SlimHouse.
I flashed the Rom: sbx_amlogics_905x_atv_v14 on the android box t95m 2/8 gb S905X.
The rom works perfectly and also the wi-fi without the need to install patches;
the only problem is the usb ports which I believe do not work; I say this because connecting a mini-usb keyboard, it doesn't work.
It should be noted that the box has n. 2 usb ports + n. 1 micro-usb otg port from where you make the flash.
However, I can confirm that with the standard stock rom and with the Aidan's version 7.5 rom, the usb ports work.
Now I ask: has anyone had the same problem?
Or, is there a patch for the usb ports?
Thank you very much and have a good day everyone

awibabau

Jan 14, 2021
Somewhere in "slimbox settings" or "normal settings" there is a USB section where you can change it's behaviour. Mine is defaulting to USB 3.0 speeds and works fine.

Reactions: jimjack12

jimjack12

Feb 15, 2020
Thanks @awibabau for the suggestion, but I've already tried the various usb settings, but the usb mini keyboard doesn't work.
In previous posts, however, I have read that in previous versions of SlimBox there were patches for usb, but in this version 14 I don't know where to find them, apart from the patches for the wi-fi.
Thanks a lot anyway

Rainey222

Oct 17, 2020
Thanks @awibabau for the suggestion, but I've already tried the various usb settings, but the usb mini keyboard doesn't work.
In previous posts, however, I have read that in previous versions of SlimBox there were patches for usb, but in this version 14 I don't know where to find them, apart from the patches for the wi-fi.
Thanks a lot anyway
You haven't made it clear what the problem is. You suggest the USB ports don't work at all. Then you say the keyboard don't work. Don't work at all? Or you push the key and the wrong character shows up ?, we don't know.

There is a USB section in version 14 under device preferences. There's two settings. The default for the USB ports themselves is charging mode. And then you can select the speed you want in the other setting. My keyboards and remotes both work when set to the charging mode in the first USB setting.

We don't know what model keyboard you have cuz you just said a mini keyboard , we assume it's one of those Rii8 mini keyboard, 2.4 GHz dongles that you're plugging in, just a guess. It's hard to help when all we know is it don't work and I tried that.

My keyboard didn't work when I went to 14 either. I had went through all the menus and selected English as the default but it still had Russian characters or some damn character. Turns out when I selected the system bar across the top and looked at notifications, one said configure keyboard , and I clicked on it and it took me to a different screen then I was able to find through all the menus, and it was set to default but when I selected it and set it to English the keyboard now had English characters.

Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: awibabau

jimjack12

Feb 15, 2020
You haven't made it clear what the problem is. You suggest the USB ports don't work at all. Then you say the keyboard don't work. Don't work at all? Or you push the key and the wrong character shows up ?, we don't know.

There is a USB section in version 14 under device preferences. There's two settings. The default for the USB ports themselves is charging mode. And then you can select the speed you want in the other setting. My keyboards and remotes both work when set to the charging mode in the first USB setting.

We don't know what model keyboard you have cuz you just said a mini keyboard , we assume it's one of those Rii8 mini keyboard, 2.4 GHz dongles that you're plugging in, just a guess. It's hard to help when all we know is it don't work and I tried that.

My keyboard didn't work when I went to 14 either. I had went through all the menus and selected English as the default but it still had Russian characters or some damn character. Turns out when I selected the system bar across the top and looked at notifications, one said configure keyboard , and I clicked on it and it took me to a different screen then I was able to find through all the menus, and it was set to default but when I selected it and set it to English the keyboard now had English characters.

Good luck
Thanks to the availability.
Sorry if I've been very generic ....
Yes, the keyboard is a mini-USB Rii wireless and connected to the box, it doesn't work completely, not even a key. I also tried the different usb settings: recharge - MTP - PTP, etc .. but I have not solved.
As soon as possible I will try a wireless mouse to see its behavior.
Thanks anyway for the suggestions

wmiki75

Oct 27, 2011
My TV box ran Alvatech for a long while then suddenly it started giving problem with Wi-Fi and I was forced to leave it.

About the error, it looks like the same I had. Try to use the USB port next to the SD card slot, it worked for me.

P.s. Beelink box has very weak internal battery. You must plug the power supply to the box once the flash process started otherwise it will always abort at 1%. ;)
With Ugoos AM3 FW you have not get any issue?
Yes, it is not the Ultimate, it is the original, old Beelink GT1 S912 2/16GB

Flounderist

Jan 7, 2016
Cork
With Ugoos AM3 FW you have not get any issue?
No.
Try these steps:
-install flashtool and drivers while the tvbox is switched on and connected to the PC.
-once installed drivers, start flashtool and switch TV box off and remove it from PC.
-load firmware on flashtool and click on start.
-put TV box in recovery mode pushing the hidden switch while inserting the USB in your PC.
-flash process will start and much likely it will stop at 1%. Insert power supply plug in the TV box and the flash process will start again by itself.

If you get some error, try using another USB port either on the PC or the box.

Reactions: wmiki75

Top Liked Posts

Mod Ugoos version 042.4

Changes:
    • Fixed activation of super duper light version
    • Fixed clock display setting with temperature (TV boxes with clock)
    • Fixed drops in 4K video (TOX1 not encrypted)

Download ATV or PIE

14.7 is out!!!
    The Newest cumulative patch 14.6.2
    via Telegram

* Changes
    * Happy New Year!
    * Fixed config remote for G20s BTS
    * Changed the option to install the light version of slimBOXtv
    * Added ad blocking with host to settings
    * Added to settings using Google DNS servers
    * Added network speed improvement in settings
    * Added mouse cursor selection
    * Added background selection in TVLauncher (ATB)
    Merry Christmas 2021
    Wow updates galore:
    (It's Christmas, consider a donation to SlimHouse efforts) 🎄✝️

OTA slimBOXtv 14.6

Changes:
    • Added TV BOX item to additional functions
    • Added settings for Minix NEO U22-XJ
    • Added settings for Tanix TX9s - you can change the color of the power indicator (green, blue)
    • Image optimization is now in Display - Auto frequency control
    • Activation of the AptX HD protocol is now in the Bluetooth settings
    • Added Application item to additional functions

This patch for those who have the v14.2 or above.

Installation:
    Go to Settings - SlimBOXtv Settings - Install a patch - select a patch, install it.
    @dragonaxe,

Amlogic Tool v7(free)
    1. take an old android 7(latest v2.2 (DDR3)) img
    2. open and extract level 1
    3. copy bootloader.PARTITION , UBOOT.USB and DDR.USB to another folder
    4. delete level 1 folder
    5. Open sbx v14.5 and extract level 1
    6. paste the 3 backed-up files in level 1 folder
    7. rebuild image
    8. Verifiy above info for accuracy..I'm too forgetful... o_O
    Flash your modified DDR3 image.
    Always know how to UnBrick your China Box before tweaking/flashing.

*** vtx_ kitchen _v4(?) Tools by XVortex might be as good or better? ***
    RY51YwF.png

project sliMBOXtv

Multimedia firmware for TV boxes with Amlogic S912, S922X, S905X2, S905X3, S905X, S905W, S905Y2 processors

slimBOXtv ATV and PIE are two custom firmwares suitable with some modifications for many android TV boxes.
    The main ATV firmware is installed via UBT.

Version 14.5

• Added installation of Super light version slimBOXtv to additional functions
    • The Autostart application has been moved to the installation in additional functions
    • Pressing again on the setting in additional functions will work as deleting
    • Added setting Limit processor frequency when playing video
    • In About device, the item is added to the version of the factory firmware
    • The LeanKeyKeyboardPro setting item has been added to Keyboards
    • Updated Busybox
    • Updated timezone files
    • Fixes for HDR
    • Setting Screenshot mode works after overload
    • Codification of system applications and services
    • Added font selection to settings
    • Corrections with voice search
    • Added image optimization, makes the image clearer (the opposite effect is possible)
    • Installation of additional functions only after enabling root access
    • Built-in OTA system update, check and download
    • New logo and butanimation
    • Added Disable TVLauncher item to additional functions
    • Amendments to OTA update
    • Menu button fixes
    • Updating built-in applications
    • System amendments

Cumulative patch for SLIMBOX

New changes:

Contains:

Supported TV boxes

SLIMBOX ver 8

• Updated google services and apk
    ВЂ Returned the choice in the settings of a dark or white theme
    • Returned additional image settings
    • Updated firmware
    • In AOSP, I returned the recent stocks and closed the menu button
    • Added debug settings
    • Added additional power settings
    • Various system corrections
    14.7 is out!!!
    I have found out how to root SlimRom with Magisk:

1. Root SlimRom via the settings
    Then you will have "Superuser" rooting.

2. Install TWRP
    You don't need to, but you can install your TWRP image permanently via the TWRP app:

3. Extract boot.img
    You need to extract "boot.img" in TWRP:
    Code:
    cat /dev/block/boot > /sdcard/boot.img

4. Patch the stock boot.img with Magisk manager app
    Install Magisk manager apk.
    Press the upper install button and select the stock boot.img.
    Magisk will create a patched boot.img.

5. Now unroot in SlimBox settings

6. Flash the patched boot.img in TWRP by selecting install, then image, then choose the file, to "boot"

7. Finally flash Magisk.zip in TWRP

Thats it.
    Merry Christmas 2021