• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

project SLIMBOX

Search This thread

mertpls

Feb 7, 2011
hello @SlimHouse I installed your slimbox s905x fw on mecool ki pro dvb-s2 hybrid tv box, it works very well. but the dvb-s2 tuner is not working. I installed the DTV app but it won't open. Is a fix possible for this?
Or can you do a study for mecool ki pro hybrid tv box?

Last edited:

jackyfang

Dec 1, 2021
Hi sir
My box is H96 pro plus 3 + 32 DDR4 version, and the download link is lpddr version. please tell me where the download link about DDR4 ,Thank you very much:LOL:

jaytec0007

Mar 27, 2017
Same problem here, volume up-down on TX3-mini factory remote control also not working after installing sbx_tx3mini_9012p_pie_v14.7z. Slimbox root switch also not working (no root possible). Everything else seems to be perfect. Did you get a solution on your side? Thank you.
Hi yes he just uploaded a new version of v14 for tx3 mini whit remote fix on November 29, but I'm not sure if it was also done for the 9012p wifi cause they have different release dates

Atmans

Aug 7, 2015

Thanks for your work but v14 is not working properly on

Beelink GT-Mini-A "GT1-Mini (B95X)"

* Many streaming applications freeze the screen after 1-2 seconds
I have been setting different accelerations nothing helps

* The TV Mate app is completely down, freezes the screen after 1 second

* Does not remember google home and store settings after selecting "Do not update" after several minutes and they update anyway, even freezing in "SD Maid" does not help

* Falling back to version 12.2 fixes all the problems mentioned

X96Max Plus 4/64

* Streaming applications work, does not freeze the screen like the GT-Mini-A

* Does not remember google home and store settings after selecting "Do not update" after several minutes and they update anyway, even freezing in "SD Maid" does not help

DannyDD

Hi peeps, i have an older H96 Pro+ (3/32) version and a newer A95X F3 (4/64), just updated to the latest versions of slimboxTV... A95X F3 lost BT function sadly... :(

Now... is there any way to install a WORKING app for amazon prime video? the only app that shows on google play has horrendous image quality and top and bottom grey bars... :S

Any way to install a working prime video tv app on these boxes?

Or should i just buy an Amazon Fire Stick or something like that?

antonbj

Aug 8, 2011
Hello. I have the X96 Plus, Android TV Box.

I drilled a few extra ventilation holes with active cooling, and everything seems to be working fine.

1. Is there a noticable performance gain when going from stock firmware to Project Slimbox? What are the benefits?

2. After doing some research it seems that Odroid C4 with same hardware as the X96 allows for overclocking(changing max frequency) of
CPU and GPU. Have anyone done this with their X96 Plus? Is there any reason as to why it shouldn't be possible to do so?

Thank you

delucai7

Jan 8, 2013

Thanks for your work but v14 is not working properly on

Beelink GT-Mini-A "GT1-Mini (B95X)"

* Many streaming applications freeze the screen after 1-2 seconds
I have been setting different accelerations nothing helps

* The TV Mate app is completely down, freezes the screen after 1 second

X96Max Plus 4/64

* Streaming applications work, does not freeze the screen like the GT-Mini-A

Which ROM are you using for the x96Max Plus 4/64? I only see Plus version for 2GB RAM.
Then there's a plus2 for 4GB RAM. Is that the one? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Rainey222

Rainey222

Oct 17, 2020
Hello. I have the X96 Plus, Android TV Box.

I drilled a few extra ventilation holes with active cooling, and everything seems to be working fine.

1. Is there a noticable performance gain when going from stock firmware to Project Slimbox? What are the benefits?

2. After doing some research it seems that Odroid C4 with same hardware as the X96 allows for overclocking(changing max frequency) of
CPU and GPU. Have anyone done this with their X96 Plus? Is there any reason as to why it shouldn't be possible to do so?

Thank you
You mean x96 Max Plus?

I got three of the plus2 and I loaded one used it for a month or two then switched out to version 10 of slimbox on the other two use them for 2 or 3 months and then I finally went back to that first box and upgraded it to 14. Started having overheating problems. Just pulled the box apart drilled holes and applied a little CPU goop to the heat sink connection. Getting ready to try it out see if it helps with temperature. It seems that while it sat for a few months the little pad that's supposed to stick to the processor came loose. So I put a little spacer in to make sure it touches good with the CPU goop.

As to your questions there's no performance gain except for the interface and the software is much more current like regular Android TV and also receives regular updates through the Play store unlike the original ROM..

And if you were having overheating problems then overclocking your CPU and GPU is not going to help any.

antonbj

Aug 8, 2011
You mean x96 Max Plus?

I got three of the plus2 and I loaded one used it for a month or two then switched out to version 10 of slimbox on the other two use them for 2 or 3 months and then I finally went back to that first box and upgraded it to 14. Started having overheating problems. Just pulled the box apart drilled holes and applied a little CPU goop to the heat sink connection. Getting ready to try it out see if it helps with temperature. It seems that while it sat for a few months the little pad that's supposed to stick to the processor came loose. So I put a little spacer in to make sure it touches good with the CPU goop.

As to your questions there's no performance gain except for the interface and the software is much more current like regular Android TV and also receives regular updates through the Play store unlike the original ROM..

And if you were having overheating problems then overclocking your CPU and GPU is not going to help any.

Thats right, it's the X96 Max Plus 2GB/16GB version.

Thank you for the information. If I use a Custom Rom it would probably be for the possibility of overclocking.

I solved the overheating problem by drilling holes and installing heatsinks and I will also add add a low rpm fan in the coming days.

jackyfang

Dec 1, 2021

Hi peeps, i have an older H96 Pro+ (3/32) version and a newer A95X F3 (4/64), just updated to the latest versions of slimboxTV... A95X F3 lost BT function sadly... :(

Now... is there any way to install a WORKING app for amazon prime video? the only app that shows on google play has horrendous image quality and top and bottom grey bars... :S

Any way to install a working prime video tv app on these boxes?

Or should i just buy an Amazon Fire Stick or something like that?
Hello, what version of slimbox does your H96 PRO + (3 / 32) use? Can you share one with me

DannyDD

Hello, what version of slimbox does your H96 PRO + (3 / 32) use? Can you share one with me
Sure thing but u could just find it on slimboxtv page...

Tried both atv and pie, both work but i find the atv version not usable because of the missing apps on play store (stremio is one)

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
is there any value i can edit to get wallpapers to show up as the full image ? my tv is 1080p and i'm using nova launcher on X96 Max Plus2 with the latest pie build

raruba

Sep 9, 2020
Hello everybody, can I install Slimbox 14.0 img file with TWRP?.......there is an install menu in TWRP

jinihou

Sep 4, 2009
Hello SlimHouse, I have installed the latest tanix_tx9s_no_bt rom v14. Youtube TV (not Youtube app, the other app which plays live TV) does not work on ATV version, but was working on Pie version, do you know what could possibly be the reason. The app display resolution was restricted to max 480p on Pie version, it should be max 1080p, if YoutubeTV could output 1080p with Pie version I would be happily using Pie version. Looking forward to your reply. Thanks.

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
I've just updated from external to slimhouse (temp) TWRP and it opens in Russian, any ideas what the opening screen is asking me because that needs dealing with before I'm gonna get a chance to change language ?

never mind, I took a gamble on any setting reversible by deleting the TWRP folder if it creates one.

EDIT: actually just to be safe I'd still like to know, even if it's temporary and reversible those sorts of questions are usually about how you want to manage your system.

right now I patched the stock recovery because I don't have a ramdisk and magisk works great but in order ever use any recovery again it seems like I'd need to reflash the stock recovery image, even just to open TWRP...

right now recovery does not boot up, but magisk seems to be working OK.

Last edited:

Rainey222

Oct 17, 2020
I've just updated from external to slimhouse (temp) TWRP and it opens in Russian, any ideas what the opening screen is asking me because that needs dealing with before I'm gonna get a chance to change language ?

never mind, I took a gamble on any setting reversible by deleting the TWRP folder if it creates one.

EDIT: actually just to be safe I'd still like to know, even if it's temporary and reversible those sorts of questions are usually about how you want to manage your system.

right now I patched the stock recovery because I don't have a ramdisk and magisk works great but in order ever use any recovery again it seems like I'd need to reflash the stock recovery image, even just to open TWRP...

right now recovery does not boot up, but magisk seems to be working OK.

If This Is The First Time You Run It it is in Russian you need to change it to English
Slide the Arrows to the right to get to menu
Select settings it is the second button from bottom on the right
There are five options across the top select the last one one the right.
Select English form the list
Then select the button in russian to change to english

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    14.7 is out!!!
    The Newest cumulative patch 14.6.2
    via Telegram

* Changes
    * Happy New Year!
    * Fixed config remote for G20s BTS
    * Changed the option to install the light version of slimBOXtv
    * Added ad blocking with host to settings
    * Added to settings using Google DNS servers
    * Added network speed improvement in settings
    * Added mouse cursor selection
    * Added background selection in TVLauncher (ATB)
    Merry Christmas 2021
    @dragonaxe,

Amlogic Tool v7(free)
    1. take an old android 7(latest v2.2 (DDR3)) img
    2. open and extract level 1
    3. copy bootloader.PARTITION , UBOOT.USB and DDR.USB to another folder
    4. delete level 1 folder
    5. Open sbx v14.5 and extract level 1
    6. paste the 3 backed-up files in level 1 folder
    7. rebuild image
    8. Verifiy above info for accuracy..I'm too forgetful... o_O
    Flash your modified DDR3 image.
    Always know how to UnBrick your China Box before tweaking/flashing.

*** vtx_ kitchen _v4(?) Tools by XVortex might be as good or better? ***
    finally I was able to flash my x96 max plus2 (4/32) on paper but in reality (4/16)
    I have located the two pins myself after several attempts and at the end I am on sbx 14.5; it's great and thank you slimbox tv..thanks a lot for those who helped me or for those who tried to help me.
    if someone wants me to tell him the 2 pins I'm here and thank you another time
    RY51YwF.png

project sliMBOXtv

Multimedia firmware for TV boxes with Amlogic S912, S922X, S905X2, S905X3, S905X, S905W, S905Y2 processors

slimBOXtv ATV and PIE are two custom firmwares suitable with some modifications for many android TV boxes.
    The main ATV firmware is installed via UBT.

Version 14.5

• Added installation of Super light version slimBOXtv to additional functions
    • The Autostart application has been moved to the installation in additional functions
    • Pressing again on the setting in additional functions will work as deleting
    • Added setting Limit processor frequency when playing video
    • In About device, the item is added to the version of the factory firmware
    • The LeanKeyKeyboardPro setting item has been added to Keyboards
    • Updated Busybox
    • Updated timezone files
    • Fixes for HDR
    • Setting Screenshot mode works after overload
    • Codification of system applications and services
    • Added font selection to settings
    • Corrections with voice search
    • Added image optimization, makes the image clearer (the opposite effect is possible)
    • Installation of additional functions only after enabling root access
    • Built-in OTA system update, check and download
    • New logo and butanimation
    • Added Disable TVLauncher item to additional functions
    • Amendments to OTA update
    • Menu button fixes
    • Updating built-in applications
    • System amendments

Cumulative patch for SLIMBOX

New changes:

Contains:

Supported TV boxes

SLIMBOX ver 8

• Updated google services and apk
    ВЂ Returned the choice in the settings of a dark or white theme
    • Returned additional image settings
    • Updated firmware
    • In AOSP, I returned the recent stocks and closed the menu button
    • Added debug settings
    • Added additional power settings
    • Various system corrections
    14.7 is out!!!
    I have found out how to root SlimRom with Magisk:

1. Root SlimRom via the settings
    Then you will have "Superuser" rooting.

2. Install TWRP
    You don't need to, but you can install your TWRP image permanently via the TWRP app:

3. Extract boot.img
    You need to extract "boot.img" in TWRP:
    Code:
    cat /dev/block/boot > /sdcard/boot.img

4. Patch the stock boot.img with Magisk manager app
    Install Magisk manager apk.
    Press the upper install button and select the stock boot.img.
    Magisk will create a patched boot.img.

5. Now unroot in SlimBox settings

6. Flash the patched boot.img in TWRP by selecting install, then image, then choose the file, to "boot"

7. Finally flash Magisk.zip in TWRP

Thats it.
    Merry Christmas 2021