project slimBOXtv

Search This thread

Cayo2290

Jan 13, 2021
USB_Burning_Tool v 2.0.0 runs on GT1Mini probably also suitable for GT1Mini-2 Beelink boxes react differently to OTG

1). You connect the cable and it is visible immediately
2). Another needs to hold the reset button and connect the usb
3). My GT1Mini works for 3 seconds after plugging and then disconnects from USB_Burning_Tool

installation method:

a). run USB_Burning_Tool on pc
b). connect usb to pc add .img and set it as shown in the SLIMBOX instruction
c). once you've done everything hit "START" in USB_Burning_Tool
d). now connect the box and wait for the process to finish
e). do not use USB 3.0 for this purpose
A). If you have the https://www.widevine.com/ license, you will lose it by installing this firmware, but if you don't care about widevine it then SLIMBOX is a good choice.

@superceleron, from freaktab, also made an excellent multi rom one for many models 905x2 & 905x3
Can someone confirm if has installed Slimbox in gt1mini2 please? I am sure I am doing everything okay, I am so bored. I mean my tv box works fine, but the interface is just awfull. and I don't like that the tv box is rooted and I can't turn oof the root. even with developers options, there is not an option to turn the root off. and I can´t install apps I need. I NEED HELP

wiwi60

May 6, 2012
Oise
freeaddons.free.fr
I tried out all the Netflix APKs found in this link http://freeaddons.free.fr/public/AML/X96AIR/Apps Apk/Netflix/

They are all the mobile version of Netflix. I have found a working Android TV version of Netflix if the person who manages that link wants to upload it.

I try it soon and i add your apk TV version on the folder link thanks for!!! Merci!!!
Netflix ATV apk version
Edit: I try installation ok and il launch a movie to verify.... Thanks again!

Last edited:

kalehrl

Nov 22, 2017
rebooted and still doesnt work. It says abnormal status in drive status. Do i need USB audio enabled or something? My setup is with an hdmi cable and the sound is processed through a receiver. For movies and tv shows i dont really need viper but for youtube, deezer and similar apps for music it should work or am i missing something??
I didn't enable anything.
My box is directly connected to my TV.
Maybe your receiver is to blame.

Hey, can anyone help ? I bought a x96max + S905x3 box sold as a 4/32gb and received it today . took it straight out of the box turned it on and saw the crap android 9 launcher and the crap stock firmware .
Went to flash @SlimHouse ATV rom for the X96max + it flashed OK and when I went to reboot , NOTHING , just a black screen .
On further inspection I opened the box up and the cheeky little fookers have only just sold me a box stamped on exterior 4/32gb , but the board and chip is a 2/16gb .
I don't know if I can recover from this .
If I leave the box on for 10 minutes the blue boot will come on but its not showing on the burntool. I've not even got recovery now . Any ideas , apart from a beermat or book stop? The box IP is showing up on Ethernet could I possibly install firmware from sdcard via telnet/putty ??

I'm usually an Allwinner/Amazon dude so maybe one of the guys familiar with amlogic could help .

Thanks in advance , and as always its greatly appreciated

Last edited:

wiwi60

May 6, 2012
Oise
freeaddons.free.fr
Hey, can anyone help ? I bought a x96max + S905x3 box sold as a 4/32gb and received it today . took it straight out of the box turned it on and saw the crap android 9 launcher and the crap stock firmware .
Went to flash @SlimHouse ATV rom for the X96max + it flashed OK and when I went to reboot , NOTHING , just a black screen .
On further inspection I opened the box up and the cheeky little fookers have only just sold me a box stamped on exterior 4/32gb , but the board and chip is a 2/16gb .
If I leave the box on for 10 minutes the blue boot will come on but its not showing on the burntool. I've not even got recovery now . Any ideas , apart from a beermat or book stop? The box IP is showing up on Ethernet could I possibly install firmware from sdcard via telnet/putty ??

I'm usually an Allwinner/Amazon dude so maybe one of the guys familiar with amlogic could help .

Maybe "sdcard flash method " if exist with a stockfirmware

Maybe "sdcard flash method " if exist with a stockfirmware
hi there and thanks for reply i got it working by shorting the pins , well at least its showing in usb burn tool now , just trying to find the correct latest rom for the 2/16gb x96max +

###Edit ### Just flashed slimbox 2g version x96max + , its an absolutely stunning ROM , really smooth and quick , Is Magisk able to be flashed on this and could anyone tell me how ? I tried no dmverity and magisk from both slim twrp and twrp VIT 3.22 .......both no avail ...Bah. Anyway @SlimHouse thank you for your amazing ROM

Last edited:

pspablo

Dec 9, 2016

See my post on page 33, maybe that will help.

See my post on page 33, maybe that will help.
Thank you for your response, unfortunately I had no way of backing up/restoring anything, I couldn't get twrp. I took it straight out of the box brand new, and tried to flash a rom meant for the 4/32gb edition of the X96max +. My box (even though stamped with 4/32 stickers) was only a 2/16gb and this caused a hard brick.

To solve the matter I had to short out pins and reinstall the amlogic driver then ran Slims rom through the tether in UBT.
I then patched the boot with magisk, flashed 21.3.zip and no dm verity and we have a fully working box now.
Thank you for your input, it's appreciated

pspablo

Dec 9, 2016
Thank you for your response, unfortunately I had no way of backing up/restoring anything, I couldn't get twrp. I took it straight out of the box brand new, and tried to flash a rom meant for the 4/32gb edition of the X96max +. My box (even though stamped with 4/32 stickers) was only a 2/16gb and this caused a hard brick.

To solve the matter I had to short out pins and reinstall the amlogic driver then ran Slims rom through the tether in UBT.
I then patched the boot with magisk, flashed 21.3.zip and no dm verity and we have a fully working box now.
Thank you for your input, it's appreciated
Can you write how you managed to correctly upload Magisk? I am asking for instructions.

Can you write how you managed to correctly upload Magisk? I am asking for instructions.
Sure no problem first I flashed the slim 10.4 and then used slim recovery from USB to twrp flash boot partition of the rom with https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d0VNjGuwELn7ITrfkujnTtEwpSEqk2l6/view?usp=sharing (unzip and you'll have the files)
which patched the boot partition , without rebooting and staying in TWRP I then flashed 20.3 full zip and then no dm verity zip, and then booted into system os. Once I verified I had root I rebooted to twrp and flashed magisk 21.3.

edit : @pspablo check the below post for update if you require

Last edited:
Reactions: pspablo
Yes you can install Magisk through TWRP by flashing the image of magisk_patched_new.img by selecting the boot partition. BEFORE you have to delete the root by always flashing in TWRP UPDATE-unSU-signed.zip
This is version 20.3 of Magisk, after you must update it by downloading the ZIP version 20.4 from the Magisk Manager application or by downloading it HERE. And then flash the ZIP with TWRP.
hey i managed to root my x96max + last night with your old image , now i will Reflash with UBT and use this one.

Yourself or anyone else in the thread wouldn't happen to know how to change the bootanimation on 10.4?
While it was a good gesture in timing with the build release It's just not Xmas anymore.... The zip isn't in system/media were It normally is.

Thanks

Regards

Last edited:

kalehrl

Nov 22, 2017
I read on 4pda that blue LED can be disabled by this command:
Code:
echo 0 >/sys/class/leds/blue/brightness
but it only switches the blue LED for a couple of seconds and then it turns on again.
Any permanent solution for both blue and red LEDs?

Bacojmbg

Mar 17, 2015
Hello, I`ve a X88 King (Amlogic S922X), and I`ve a question: can I lost the dual boot to boot emuelec on sdcard if I flash Slimbox?

czarmen

Aug 26, 2020
Good morning
I have a question
I use SLIMBOX ver 10.4 everything works :)
Can i add Netflix to pre-installed shows myself? In a simple way?

wiwi60

May 6, 2012
Oise
freeaddons.free.fr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello can you tell if this firmware is 64 or 32 bits? Thanx
    it is most likely 32 bit.. all of the builds (except for the ugoos builds) are built using the stock firmware as the base- so the slimbox firmware will always be the same arch as the stock firmware.
    If you have a high quality T.V.:
    * Capable of 600 -- 2000 nits (more is better).
    * Dynamic tone-mapping
    * Inky blacks supported by superior locl dimming.
    HDR, HDR10, HDR10+ Dolby Vision(work in progress) can be amazing .

Peak brightness is probably one of the most important aspects of HDR. If a TV has llittle (100-400 nits) HDR peak brightness, it won't display all the highlights of the content.

High contrast ratio and a local dimming feature is important for a good HDR experience; the TV can display bright and dark highlights without loss of details.

xx My current (and previous T.V.) does Dolby Dark(...Dolby Murky) with muddy grey blacks. 4K Bluray was miserable to view !.:rolleyes:

Due diligence: Check for your T.V.'s implementation of Dolby Vision (work in progress - dark and broken even on High end T.V.'s .) Being replaced by Dolby (Luminace?)?
    Due diligence
    This is Most Excellent Reaper Man !!!!

Have been researching Dolby Vision for the last 6 months or so.
    Especially with all the work/ progress from
    CoreELEC..

Only to find out we have Samsung TV.s

They Do Not Support Dolby Vision

Theu use HDR10+
    Which is Dolby Vision competitor
    Or Samsung equivalent to...

So not only would I need a Box with suffix -J/K
    I would also need new TV.s

Dolby Vision is overrated

Hahaha 😆

Happy Testing
    54.1 and what's the difference to v9.3?
    SBX website - navigation bar: FIRMWARE > List of Changes; Firmware differences tab
    ...Audio volume cannot be adjusted within Youtube using the remote...
    This is app issue, downgrade to last YouTube for Android TV 3.05.004 version with working volume controls.

For other issues and fast response contact devs on their communication channel.
    it is most likely 32 bit.. all of the builds (except for the ugoos builds) are built using the stock firmware as the base- so the slimbox firmware will always be the same arch as the stock firmware.
    So there's nothing you can do to upgrade an x96 max + ultra box with an Amlogic s905x4 to 64-bit Android?
    sbx_romlogo.png

A project to create firmware for TV boxes and sticks with an Amlogic processor.

Amlogic S905X, S905X2, S905X3, S912, S922, S905W, S905W4, S905Y2, S905L (Android 9)

Amlogic S905X4, S905W2, S905Y4 (Android 11)

slimBOXtv ATV and AOSP are two custom firmwares suitable with some modifications for many android TV boxes.

Version 9.3 (Android 9)

• Amendments to the settings for choosing the type of recent
    • Replaced ViPER4Android with a better version
    • ViPER4Android built-in startup in settings
    • New logo and bootanimation in the style of Google TV
    • Updated built-in applications
    • System amendments

Version 9.2
    • Added to the settings Autostart application
    • Power indicator goes off in sleep (Vontar X3 and similar)
    • Minimum set of built-in programs (Copyright)
    • Added new bootvideo, logo, bootanimation
    • System amendments

Version 9.1
    • Fixed pairing of Bluetooth devices
    • Changed interface settings
    • Fixed work Miracast
    • Updated and activated ViPER4AndroidFX
    • Added presets for ViPER4AndroidFX convolver
    • Added selection of bootvideo, color settings icons, logo
    • Disabled from updates in the market Atv Remote Service and Google splash screen
    • Increased the number of notification icons in the status bar to 10
    • System amendments

Version 42.5, 54.5 (Android 9)

• Replaced ViPER4Android with a better version
    • ViPER4Android built-in startup in settings

Version 54.4
    • Added UPlayer
    • Vontar x3 dim power indicator during operation and during sleep
    • Amendments to the display of processor temperature on the display

Version 54.3
    • Fixed problems with Chinese font
    • Added to the settings Autostart applications

Version 54.2
    • System amendments

Version 54.1
    • Updated and activated ViPER4AndroidFX
    • Disabled from updates in the market Atv Remote Service and Google splash screen
    • Increased the number of notification icons in the status bar to 10
    • System amendments

Version 11.4 (Android 11)

• Corrections to the display of icons in the navigation bar (ATV)
    • Amendments to the operation of the power button in the navigation bar
    • Fixed display of thumbnails in recent
    • Fixed setting wallpaper for TVLauncher (ATV)
    • Fixed downloading applications from the market for ATV and AOSP

Version 11.3
    • Rollback Magisk to version 24.3
    • Now root access works immediately after the first start of the system
    • Added to the settings Recognition of the command Ok, Google (Disable)
    • System amendments

Version 11.2
    • Fixed work ViPER4AndroidFX

Version 11.1
    • System corrections

Version 114.3 for Ugoos X4, X4Q, AM7, TOX3 (Android 11)

• Dark theme for system app installer
    • Additional shutdown timeouts in screensaver and power saving mode
    • Added UPlayer

Version 114.2
    • Fixed downloading applications from the market for ATV and AOSP

Version 114.1
    • Added selection of Image Scale
    • Added to the settings Autostart application
    • Installer of APK files with displaying the number of the current and updated version of the application
    • Added default launcher selection
    • Added ViPER4AndroidFX and convolver presets
    • Additional transition animation speeds
    • Added selection of bootvideo, bootanimation, color settings icons, logo
    • Disabled signature verification
    • Disabled logging to dropbox
    • Added selection of cursor, background in TVLauncher, font
    • Disabled from updates in the market Atv Remote Service, Google Screensavers, TVLauncher
    • System corrections

Supported TV boxes

SLIMBOX ver 8

• Updated google services and apk
    ВЂ Returned the choice in the settings of a dark or white theme
    • Returned additional image settings
    • Updated firmware
    • In AOSP, I returned the recent stocks and closed the menu button
    • Added debug settings
    • Added additional power settings
    • Various system corrections
    slimBOXtv 9.7 (Android 9)

Changes:
    • Replaced video to adjust the image to better
    • Added Convolver presets for ViPER4AndroidFX
    • Added to the settings Dynamic background for TVLauncher (ATV)
    • Increased selection of color themes up to 16
    • Returned the installation of their backgrounds for TVLauncher, copy your picture to the UpdateSBXtv folder on the internal memory (ATV)
    • Activation without rebooting colored settings icons and background for TVLauncher
    • Added to settings Download patch with updates
    • Added to settings Ad blocking using hosts
    • Added to settings Use Google DNS servers
    • Added to settings Improve network speed
    • Added to the settings Force wifi
    • Amendments to the update installation mechanism
    • Cleaning in TVLauncher replaced by rocket (ATV)
    • Fixed black screen on first system startup
    • System amendments

Download ATV or AOSP
    I have found out how to root SlimRom with Magisk:

1. Root SlimRom via the settings
    Then you will have "Superuser" rooting.

2. Install TWRP
    You don't need to, but you can install your TWRP image permanently via the TWRP app:

3. Extract boot.img
    You need to extract "boot.img" in TWRP:
    Code:
    cat /dev/block/boot > /sdcard/boot.img

4. Patch the stock boot.img with Magisk manager app
    Install Magisk manager apk.
    Press the upper install button and select the stock boot.img.
    Magisk will create a patched boot.img.

5. Now unroot in SlimBox settings

6. Flash the patched boot.img in TWRP by selecting install, then image, then choose the file, to "boot"

7. Finally flash Magisk.zip in TWRP

Thats it.
    3. Extract boot.img from stock firmware
    You need to have a stock rom for your device.
    Ideally a zipped rom, so that you can extract the "boot.img" out of it.

In case you have an img-file, than you need to extract "boot.img" out of it via Amlogic toolkit:

By this you can extract the stock boot.img from the stock firmware.

This is only good for android 7 images, Android 9 (which most people are using) is totally different.
    To root slimbox you only need patch the current boot.img
    In twrp :
    cat /dev/block/boot > /sdcard/boot.img

Then use magisk to patch the img

Reboot to twrp

Flash the patched boot.img to boot.

Reboot