project slimBOXtv

Search This thread

mertpls

Feb 7, 2011
hello @SlimHouse I installed your slimbox s905x fw on mecool ki pro dvb-s2 hybrid tv box, it works very well. but the dvb-s2 tuner is not working. I installed the DTV app but it won't open. Is a fix possible for this?
Or can you do a study for mecool ki pro hybrid tv box?

Last edited:

jackyfang

Dec 1, 2021
Hi sir
My box is H96 pro plus 3 + 32 DDR4 version, and the download link is lpddr version. please tell me where the download link about DDR4 ,Thank you very much:LOL:

jaytec0007

Mar 27, 2017
Same problem here, volume up-down on TX3-mini factory remote control also not working after installing sbx_tx3mini_9012p_pie_v14.7z. Slimbox root switch also not working (no root possible). Everything else seems to be perfect. Did you get a solution on your side? Thank you.
Hi yes he just uploaded a new version of v14 for tx3 mini whit remote fix on November 29, but I'm not sure if it was also done for the 9012p wifi cause they have different release dates

Atmans

Aug 7, 2015

Thanks for your work but v14 is not working properly on

Beelink GT-Mini-A "GT1-Mini (B95X)"

* Many streaming applications freeze the screen after 1-2 seconds
I have been setting different accelerations nothing helps

* The TV Mate app is completely down, freezes the screen after 1 second

* Does not remember google home and store settings after selecting "Do not update" after several minutes and they update anyway, even freezing in "SD Maid" does not help

* Falling back to version 12.2 fixes all the problems mentioned

X96Max Plus 4/64

* Streaming applications work, does not freeze the screen like the GT-Mini-A

* Does not remember google home and store settings after selecting "Do not update" after several minutes and they update anyway, even freezing in "SD Maid" does not help

DannyDD

Hi peeps, i have an older H96 Pro+ (3/32) version and a newer A95X F3 (4/64), just updated to the latest versions of slimboxTV... A95X F3 lost BT function sadly... :(

Now... is there any way to install a WORKING app for amazon prime video? the only app that shows on google play has horrendous image quality and top and bottom grey bars... :S

Any way to install a working prime video tv app on these boxes?

Or should i just buy an Amazon Fire Stick or something like that?

antonbj

Aug 8, 2011
Hello. I have the X96 Plus, Android TV Box.

I drilled a few extra ventilation holes with active cooling, and everything seems to be working fine.

1. Is there a noticable performance gain when going from stock firmware to Project Slimbox? What are the benefits?

2. After doing some research it seems that Odroid C4 with same hardware as the X96 allows for overclocking(changing max frequency) of
CPU and GPU. Have anyone done this with their X96 Plus? Is there any reason as to why it shouldn't be possible to do so?

Thank you

delucai7

Jan 8, 2013

Thanks for your work but v14 is not working properly on

Beelink GT-Mini-A "GT1-Mini (B95X)"

* Many streaming applications freeze the screen after 1-2 seconds
I have been setting different accelerations nothing helps

* The TV Mate app is completely down, freezes the screen after 1 second

X96Max Plus 4/64

* Streaming applications work, does not freeze the screen like the GT-Mini-A

Which ROM are you using for the x96Max Plus 4/64? I only see Plus version for 2GB RAM.
Then there's a plus2 for 4GB RAM. Is that the one? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Rainey222

Rainey222

Oct 17, 2020
Hello. I have the X96 Plus, Android TV Box.

I drilled a few extra ventilation holes with active cooling, and everything seems to be working fine.

1. Is there a noticable performance gain when going from stock firmware to Project Slimbox? What are the benefits?

2. After doing some research it seems that Odroid C4 with same hardware as the X96 allows for overclocking(changing max frequency) of
CPU and GPU. Have anyone done this with their X96 Plus? Is there any reason as to why it shouldn't be possible to do so?

Thank you
You mean x96 Max Plus?

I got three of the plus2 and I loaded one used it for a month or two then switched out to version 10 of slimbox on the other two use them for 2 or 3 months and then I finally went back to that first box and upgraded it to 14. Started having overheating problems. Just pulled the box apart drilled holes and applied a little CPU goop to the heat sink connection. Getting ready to try it out see if it helps with temperature. It seems that while it sat for a few months the little pad that's supposed to stick to the processor came loose. So I put a little spacer in to make sure it touches good with the CPU goop.

As to your questions there's no performance gain except for the interface and the software is much more current like regular Android TV and also receives regular updates through the Play store unlike the original ROM..

And if you were having overheating problems then overclocking your CPU and GPU is not going to help any.

antonbj

Aug 8, 2011
You mean x96 Max Plus?

I got three of the plus2 and I loaded one used it for a month or two then switched out to version 10 of slimbox on the other two use them for 2 or 3 months and then I finally went back to that first box and upgraded it to 14. Started having overheating problems. Just pulled the box apart drilled holes and applied a little CPU goop to the heat sink connection. Getting ready to try it out see if it helps with temperature. It seems that while it sat for a few months the little pad that's supposed to stick to the processor came loose. So I put a little spacer in to make sure it touches good with the CPU goop.

As to your questions there's no performance gain except for the interface and the software is much more current like regular Android TV and also receives regular updates through the Play store unlike the original ROM..

And if you were having overheating problems then overclocking your CPU and GPU is not going to help any.

Thats right, it's the X96 Max Plus 2GB/16GB version.

Thank you for the information. If I use a Custom Rom it would probably be for the possibility of overclocking.

I solved the overheating problem by drilling holes and installing heatsinks and I will also add add a low rpm fan in the coming days.

jackyfang

Dec 1, 2021

Hi peeps, i have an older H96 Pro+ (3/32) version and a newer A95X F3 (4/64), just updated to the latest versions of slimboxTV... A95X F3 lost BT function sadly... :(

Now... is there any way to install a WORKING app for amazon prime video? the only app that shows on google play has horrendous image quality and top and bottom grey bars... :S

Any way to install a working prime video tv app on these boxes?

Or should i just buy an Amazon Fire Stick or something like that?
Hello, what version of slimbox does your H96 PRO + (3 / 32) use? Can you share one with me

DannyDD

Hello, what version of slimbox does your H96 PRO + (3 / 32) use? Can you share one with me
Sure thing but u could just find it on slimboxtv page...

Tried both atv and pie, both work but i find the atv version not usable because of the missing apps on play store (stremio is one)

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
is there any value i can edit to get wallpapers to show up as the full image ? my tv is 1080p and i'm using nova launcher on X96 Max Plus2 with the latest pie build

raruba

Sep 9, 2020
Hello everybody, can I install Slimbox 14.0 img file with TWRP?.......there is an install menu in TWRP

jinihou

Sep 4, 2009
Hello SlimHouse, I have installed the latest tanix_tx9s_no_bt rom v14. Youtube TV (not Youtube app, the other app which plays live TV) does not work on ATV version, but was working on Pie version, do you know what could possibly be the reason. The app display resolution was restricted to max 480p on Pie version, it should be max 1080p, if YoutubeTV could output 1080p with Pie version I would be happily using Pie version. Looking forward to your reply. Thanks.

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
I've just updated from external to slimhouse (temp) TWRP and it opens in Russian, any ideas what the opening screen is asking me because that needs dealing with before I'm gonna get a chance to change language ?

never mind, I took a gamble on any setting reversible by deleting the TWRP folder if it creates one.

EDIT: actually just to be safe I'd still like to know, even if it's temporary and reversible those sorts of questions are usually about how you want to manage your system.

right now I patched the stock recovery because I don't have a ramdisk and magisk works great but in order ever use any recovery again it seems like I'd need to reflash the stock recovery image, even just to open TWRP...

right now recovery does not boot up, but magisk seems to be working OK.

Last edited:

Rainey222

Oct 17, 2020
I've just updated from external to slimhouse (temp) TWRP and it opens in Russian, any ideas what the opening screen is asking me because that needs dealing with before I'm gonna get a chance to change language ?

never mind, I took a gamble on any setting reversible by deleting the TWRP folder if it creates one.

EDIT: actually just to be safe I'd still like to know, even if it's temporary and reversible those sorts of questions are usually about how you want to manage your system.

right now I patched the stock recovery because I don't have a ramdisk and magisk works great but in order ever use any recovery again it seems like I'd need to reflash the stock recovery image, even just to open TWRP...

right now recovery does not boot up, but magisk seems to be working OK.

If This Is The First Time You Run It it is in Russian you need to change it to English
Slide the Arrows to the right to get to menu
Select settings it is the second button from bottom on the right
There are five options across the top select the last one one the right.
Select English form the list
Then select the button in russian to change to english

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UnPack Superceleron's firmware, taking bootloader files(with Explorer file manager):
    DDR.USB, UBOOT.USB, bootloader.PARTITION

Unpack Level 1, Sbx firmware and paste/overwrite these bootloader files with your file manager.
    Rebuild and burn your modified Firmware.

Tried using this method for H96 Pro+, took the files from 7.1.2 SHMOD and packed them into the H96 Pro Plus listed on Slimbox webpage (listed ones are only for LPDDR3, and mine is DDR3.), but no luck. Flash was successful, however it got stuck on the Slimbox boot animation, never progressed to the animated one.

However, I managed to successfully find a working version afterall. My H96 Pro+ is a CZ-S32-V2.2, 64GB/3GB DDR3, qca9377 with Gigabit LAN.
    First version that I found here was X92 SBX, flashed successfully, remote worked, but Bluetooth kept constantly crashing.
    Second version was recommended to me in the SBX Telegram group. It was the Tronsmart Vega S96 SBX. That one flashed successfully, everything seems to be working fine, LAN didn't test yet, but since both are Gigabit, I'd expect it to work. Only thing was the Remote control did not work. So I unpacked the X92, where the remote worked, to Level 1, found the files in vendor/etc and used a USB and MiXplorer on my H96 to replace the files in vendor/etc (requires Root) and presto, remote working again.

Maybe I could try swapping the bootloader files from X96 to H96, but don't see much point as everything so far seems to be working. Very nice upgrade from Android 7.1.2 to 9.13 afterall.

Leaving this wall of text here, hopefully it helps out someone in a similar situation.

P.S. Now if I could only figure out how to properly flash Magisk...
    If you have a high quality T.V.:
    * Capable of 600 -- 2000 nits (more is better).
    * Dynamic tone-mapping
    * Inky blacks supported by superior locl dimming.
    HDR, HDR10, HDR10+ Dolby Vision(work in progress) can be amazing .

Peak brightness is probably one of the most important aspects of HDR. If a TV has llittle (100-400 nits) HDR peak brightness, it won't display all the highlights of the content.

High contrast ratio and a local dimming feature is important for a good HDR experience; the TV can display bright and dark highlights without loss of details.

xx My current (and previous T.V.) does Dolby Dark(...Dolby Murky) with muddy grey blacks. 4K Bluray was miserable to view !.:rolleyes:

Due diligence: Check for your T.V.'s implementation of Dolby Vision (work in progress - dark and broken even on High end T.V.'s .) Being replaced by Dolby (Luminace?)?
    Due diligence
    This is Most Excellent Reaper Man !!!!

Have been researching Dolby Vision for the last 6 months or so.
    Especially with all the work/ progress from
    CoreELEC..

Only to find out we have Samsung TV.s

They Do Not Support Dolby Vision

Theu use HDR10+
    Which is Dolby Vision competitor
    Or Samsung equivalent to...

So not only would I need a Box with suffix -J/K
    I would also need new TV.s

Dolby Vision is overrated

Hahaha 😆

Happy Testing
    1. Make sure it is correct patch.
    2. Activate root and run Magisk once...reboot(?)
    3. Place patch in folder "UpdateSBXtv" local directory (if there is no folder, create it manually)
    4. Click Install in Settings slimBOXtv - Project slimBOXtv - Installing patch

(more or less..kinda forget) 😴
    Thank you very much for the help. Yes I did read that also and I appreciate you helping me. I actually upgraded to the 17 and then I applied the patch perfectly, all is well. It’s actually amazing. I am waiting for a x96x10 in the mail. The Tox3 ATV does everything well, I am looking forward to the same with the new box, but just faster. 😊
    google is shady where i live and I'm not good with Russian, what's different about Ugo's version? which one less likely to contain a botnet? why's the thread version newer than the one on that page?

Thanks in advance.

The Ugoos images are built using Ugoos firmware as the base, and the regular images are built using the device's stock firmware as the base.. Everything else is the same.

There is a translator built into his page btw..
    sbx-english.png
    Well this Thread is dedicated to slimboxtv
    So can't really help the brick issue.

However you will need to know what this Box is anyway for unbrick..

Image are unsure
    Back of Box sticker is 4 /64
    X96 Max +

Something about the Amlogic wifi chip???

Best go back to
    Slimboxtv site

Go to your TV Box Firmware TAB

X96 MAX PLUS

Scroll down
    You will see a Header back-lit in Blue color

How to determine X96maxplus modification. Link

Follow the link to 4pda you will find answers.

Happy Testing
    It's really revision 5 so I was duped! I opened a dispute. And the unbrick? Can anyone advise? Thank you

It's already done! I found it on YouTube.
    sbx_romlogo.png

A project to create firmware for TV boxes and sticks with an Amlogic processor.

Amlogic S905X, S905X2, S905X3, S912, S922, S905W, S905W4, S905Y2, S905L (Android 9)

Amlogic S905X4, S905W2, S905Y4 (Android 11)

slimBOXtv ATV and AOSP are two custom firmwares suitable with some modifications for many android TV boxes.

Version 9.3 (Android 9)

• Amendments to the settings for choosing the type of recent
    • Replaced ViPER4Android with a better version
    • ViPER4Android built-in startup in settings
    • New logo and bootanimation in the style of Google TV
    • Updated built-in applications
    • System amendments

Version 9.2
    • Added to the settings Autostart application
    • Power indicator goes off in sleep (Vontar X3 and similar)
    • Minimum set of built-in programs (Copyright)
    • Added new bootvideo, logo, bootanimation
    • System amendments

Version 9.1
    • Fixed pairing of Bluetooth devices
    • Changed interface settings
    • Fixed work Miracast
    • Updated and activated ViPER4AndroidFX
    • Added presets for ViPER4AndroidFX convolver
    • Added selection of bootvideo, color settings icons, logo
    • Disabled from updates in the market Atv Remote Service and Google splash screen
    • Increased the number of notification icons in the status bar to 10
    • System amendments

Version 42.5, 54.5 (Android 9)

• Replaced ViPER4Android with a better version
    • ViPER4Android built-in startup in settings

Version 54.4
    • Added UPlayer
    • Vontar x3 dim power indicator during operation and during sleep
    • Amendments to the display of processor temperature on the display

Version 54.3
    • Fixed problems with Chinese font
    • Added to the settings Autostart applications

Version 54.2
    • System amendments

Version 54.1
    • Updated and activated ViPER4AndroidFX
    • Disabled from updates in the market Atv Remote Service and Google splash screen
    • Increased the number of notification icons in the status bar to 10
    • System amendments

Version 11.4 (Android 11)

• Corrections to the display of icons in the navigation bar (ATV)
    • Amendments to the operation of the power button in the navigation bar
    • Fixed display of thumbnails in recent
    • Fixed setting wallpaper for TVLauncher (ATV)
    • Fixed downloading applications from the market for ATV and AOSP

Version 11.3
    • Rollback Magisk to version 24.3
    • Now root access works immediately after the first start of the system
    • Added to the settings Recognition of the command Ok, Google (Disable)
    • System amendments

Version 11.2
    • Fixed work ViPER4AndroidFX

Version 11.1
    • System corrections

Version 114.3 for Ugoos X4, X4Q, AM7, TOX3 (Android 11)

• Dark theme for system app installer
    • Additional shutdown timeouts in screensaver and power saving mode
    • Added UPlayer

Version 114.2
    • Fixed downloading applications from the market for ATV and AOSP

Version 114.1
    • Added selection of Image Scale
    • Added to the settings Autostart application
    • Installer of APK files with displaying the number of the current and updated version of the application
    • Added default launcher selection
    • Added ViPER4AndroidFX and convolver presets
    • Additional transition animation speeds
    • Added selection of bootvideo, bootanimation, color settings icons, logo
    • Disabled signature verification
    • Disabled logging to dropbox
    • Added selection of cursor, background in TVLauncher, font
    • Disabled from updates in the market Atv Remote Service, Google Screensavers, TVLauncher
    • System corrections

Supported TV boxes

SLIMBOX ver 8

• Updated google services and apk
    ВЂ Returned the choice in the settings of a dark or white theme
    • Returned additional image settings
    • Updated firmware
    • In AOSP, I returned the recent stocks and closed the menu button
    • Added debug settings
    • Added additional power settings
    • Various system corrections
    slimBOXtv 9.7 (Android 9)

Changes:
    • Replaced video to adjust the image to better
    • Added Convolver presets for ViPER4AndroidFX
    • Added to the settings Dynamic background for TVLauncher (ATV)
    • Increased selection of color themes up to 16
    • Returned the installation of their backgrounds for TVLauncher, copy your picture to the UpdateSBXtv folder on the internal memory (ATV)
    • Activation without rebooting colored settings icons and background for TVLauncher
    • Added to settings Download patch with updates
    • Added to settings Ad blocking using hosts
    • Added to settings Use Google DNS servers
    • Added to settings Improve network speed
    • Added to the settings Force wifi
    • Amendments to the update installation mechanism
    • Cleaning in TVLauncher replaced by rocket (ATV)
    • Fixed black screen on first system startup
    • System amendments

Download ATV or AOSP
    I have found out how to root SlimRom with Magisk:

1. Root SlimRom via the settings
    Then you will have "Superuser" rooting.

2. Install TWRP
    You don't need to, but you can install your TWRP image permanently via the TWRP app:

3. Extract boot.img
    You need to extract "boot.img" in TWRP:
    Code:
    cat /dev/block/boot > /sdcard/boot.img

4. Patch the stock boot.img with Magisk manager app
    Install Magisk manager apk.
    Press the upper install button and select the stock boot.img.
    Magisk will create a patched boot.img.

5. Now unroot in SlimBox settings

6. Flash the patched boot.img in TWRP by selecting install, then image, then choose the file, to "boot"

7. Finally flash Magisk.zip in TWRP

Thats it.
    3. Extract boot.img from stock firmware
    You need to have a stock rom for your device.
    Ideally a zipped rom, so that you can extract the "boot.img" out of it.

In case you have an img-file, than you need to extract "boot.img" out of it via Amlogic toolkit:

By this you can extract the stock boot.img from the stock firmware.

This is only good for android 7 images, Android 9 (which most people are using) is totally different.
    To root slimbox you only need patch the current boot.img
    In twrp :
    cat /dev/block/boot > /sdcard/boot.img

Then use magisk to patch the img

Reboot to twrp

Flash the patched boot.img to boot.

Reboot