project slimBOXtv

Search This thread

imonirban

May 28, 2013
How does one get the new Google TV UI in slimbox? It's available in my region in certified Android tv boxes

hailui

Nov 21, 2022
cảm ơn quản trị viên

Mod translation: thanks admin

Last edited by a moderator:

alhaddar

Jul 7, 2009
HI
Is there a firmware for this device?

Amlogic AML8726-MX Dual Core​

• Brand:
    Genuine G-BOX MX2

• CPU:
    Dual Core Amlogic 8726
  • Mainboard:
    G18ref HD18 V2.22

Nov 2, 2022
RY51YwF.png

project sliMBOXtv

Multimedia firmware for TV boxes with Amlogic S912, S922X, S905X2, S905X3, S905X, S905W, S905Y2 processors

slimBOXtv ATV and PIE are two custom firmwares suitable with some modifications for many android TV boxes.
The main ATV firmware is installed via UBT.

Version 15.3

• Corrections for cursor and font selection
• Russian translation has been added to the settings
• Fixed program display (PIE)
• Additional options in Device settings - Power
• Added voice Ugoos default search
• Systematic amendments

Cumulative patch for SLIMBOX

New changes:

Contains:

Supported TV boxes

HI,

I have installed your rom on my Radaxa Zero. now, I am trying to delete power button and volume buttons from Navigation bar. For this, I have modified the SystemUI.apk but after pushing it via ADB the nav bar and top bar vanished.

I would be thankful for your response.

Thanks
Fahad

Nov 2, 2022
HI everyone,

I am trying to remove power and volume buttons from Slimbox Tv Rom by modifying SystemUI.apk.
after I push the modified version of SystemUI.apk in to the correct folder, Navigation bar and Top bar vanished. I think the Moded SystemUI.apk is not working as it should.

What should I do? any leads? This is very important as I'm a student and I have to use it in a project at my university.

Thanks

Piyado

Nov 20, 2022
When I reboot the tvbox h96 max x3, the reboot is successful but when I reboot it's as if the screen doesn't recognize that it's turned back on after the reboot and doesn't show me the image.

Would anyone know how to solve this problem?

Robo909

Sep 7, 2007
I have the H96 mx X4. i did not see the rom for this devicie. Can i upload the firmware of the

Vontar X4 firm ware. Both have the same processor and wifi.​

xKashim

Dec 3, 2022
How can I install the slimbox firmware on my Vontar x4 box? I tried all the standard methods and nothing seems to be working. I can install the slimbox firmware on my GT-King box no problem, but the same method does not work for my Vontar x4 box. Here's what I tried so far:

Burn Card Maker - tried with an old SanDisk 8GB card using FAT32, tried a 64GB Lexar card using exFAT, tried a 64GB Samsung card using NTFS, none of them worked. I plug in the power cable while pressing the reset button and nothing happens. It takes me to the recovery menu and that's it. If I try to browse the SD card for the slimbox image file there's nothing there. On my PC I can see the image file, but on the box it only shows the System Volume Information hidden folder, but there are no files on the card. Nothing on FAT32, exFAT or NTFS version. I try the same thing with my GT-King and everything works fine.

USB Burning Tool - tried v3.1.0 which works fine with GT-King, but my Vontar x4 box never connects no matter what I try. On the slimbox website it says to use USB Burning Tool v3.2.0 for s905x4 devices, so I installed that.

I tried connecting with a USB cable from USB 2.0 port to USB 2.0 port on my computer, USB 2.0 on the box to USB 3.0 on my computer, USB 3.0 on the box to USB 3.0 on my computer, nothing happens. My PC never makes the connection sound.

I tried every combination possible. Tired only connecting USB and no power cable (box shows BOOT on the from screen), tried connecting both USB and power cable, nothing. Tried with pressing the reset while connecting USB, pressing reset while connecting USB and power cable, tried connecting just USB without pressing reset, tried connecting USB and power cable without pressing reset, nothing.

No matter what I try I cannot install slimbox or get the Vontar x4 to make the USB connection sound. I try these same methods with my GT-King and it works in 5 seconds.

I know it's possible to install slimbox on Vontar x4 because other people are having success. So what am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

[UPDATE] I figured out what was causing the problem. The Vontar x4 box has the USB 2.0 connector in the corner at an angle. Because of this the USB cable can't be plugged in all the way. It feels like it plugs in all the way, but the connector itself is recessed and the pins are not making proper contact. I had to cut a piece of the plastic off my USB cable to get it to insert far enough to make contact. Once I ruined a perfectly good USB cable everything was a breeze.

Absolutely horrible design on this box. This is my first and last Vontar product I will ever buy.

Last edited:

awibabau

Jan 14, 2021
How can I install the slimbox firmware on my Vontar x4 box? I tried all the standard methods and nothing seems to be working. I can install the slimbox firmware on my GT-King box no problem, but the same method does not work for my Vontar x4 box. Here's what I tried so far:

Burn Card Maker - tried with an old SanDisk 8GB card using FAT32, tried a 64GB Lexar card using exFAT, tried a 64GB Samsung card using NTFS, none of them worked. I plug in the power cable while pressing the reset button and nothing happens. It takes me to the recovery menu and that's it. If I try to browse the SD card for the slimbox image file there's nothing there. On my PC I can see the image file, but on the box it only shows the System Volume Information hidden folder, but there are no files on the card. Nothing on FAT32, exFAT or NTFS version. I try the same thing with my GT-King and everything works fine.

USB Burning Tool - tried v3.1.0 which works fine with GT-King, but my Vontar x4 box never connects no matter what I try. On the slimbox website it says to use USB Burning Tool v3.2.0 for s905x4 devices, so I installed that.

I tried connecting with a USB cable from USB 2.0 port to USB 2.0 port on my computer, USB 2.0 on the box to USB 3.0 on my computer, USB 3.0 on the box to USB 3.0 on my computer, nothing happens. My PC never makes the connection sound.

I tried every combination possible. Tired only connecting USB and no power cable (box shows BOOT on the from screen), tried connecting both USB and power cable, nothing. Tried with pressing the reset while connecting USB, pressing reset while connecting USB and power cable, tried connecting just USB without pressing reset, tried connecting USB and power cable without pressing reset, nothing.

No matter what I try I cannot install slimbox or get the Vontar x4 to make the USB connection sound. I try these same methods with my GT-King and it works in 5 seconds.

I know it's possible to install slimbox on Vontar x4 because other people are having success. So what am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

[UPDATE] I figured out what was causing the problem. The Vontar x4 box has the USB 2.0 connector in the corner at an angle. Because of this the USB cable can't be plugged in all the way. It feels like it plugs in all the way, but the connector itself is recessed and the pins are not making proper contact. I had to cut a piece of the plastic off my USB cable to get it to insert far enough to make contact. Once I ruined a perfectly good USB cable everything was a breeze.

Absolutely horrible design on this box. This is my first and last Vontar product I will ever buy.

Well, my HK1 has similar design and i never had to do that to insert usb on that corner. Thanks for the feedback anyway as i'm thinking on buying a s905x4 box and vontar/hk1 is probably not an option. Maybe Tanix x4?? I'm reading reviews here and there about the design and thermals.

But if anyone has the perfect s905x4 box with slimbox rom compatibility just say something. ;) Or should i wait?! I know improvements are close to none, but AV1 can probably start to be commonly used in 2023 (or maybe not) but at least we have av1 on youtube LOL

sesdave

Dec 5, 2011
Well, my HK1 has similar design and i never had to do that to insert usb on that corner. Thanks for the feedback anyway as i'm thinking on buying a s905x4 box and vontar/hk1 is probably not an option. Maybe Tanix x4?? I'm reading reviews here and there about the design and thermals.

But if anyone has the perfect s905x4 box with slimbox rom compatibility just say something. ;) Or should i wait?! I know improvements are close to none, but AV1 can probably start to be commonly used in 2023 (or maybe not) but at least we have av1 on youtube LOL
I have 4 x HK1 RBOX X4 (HK1/VONTAR differ only in name). All run great with the Vontar X4 slimbox 16.9 aosp rom. Never had a problem getting connected with a Dual USB cable to the USB 2 port to flash with Burning tool 3.1 . Only thing I found was that once flashed and booted I needed to open Magisk app and then reboot before root activates. At the end of the day most X4 boxes are pretty similar except maybe for 1GB /100MB ethernet ports. You get what you pay for lol

Last edited:
Reactions: awibabau

Top Liked Posts

how to enter stock recovery...
    Hold the reset button (at the end of the A/V port hole, or separate button on the box) pressed for a few moments and power on the device.

...and whether it can be operated with the remote control?
    Stock recovery can be operated with the remote, for TWRP recovery you have to attach mouse (wired/wireless/air whatever at hand).
    slimBOXtv 9.2 (Android 9, based on factory firmware, version 15 in the past)

Changes:
    • Added to the settings Autostart application
    • Power indicator goes off in sleep (Vontar X3 and similar)
    • Minimum set of built-in programs (Copyright)
    • Added new bootvideo, logo, bootanimation
    • Updated built-in applications
    • System amendments

Download ATV or AOSP

Firmware will be uploaded soon!
    slimBOXtv 42.3 and 54.3 (Android 9, based on factory firmware 0.4.2 and 0.5.4 from Ugoos)

Changes:
    • Fixed problems with Chinese font
    в Added to the settings Autostart applications

Download ATV or AOSP
    Can you tel me what is the difference betwin 54.5 and 9.2 ATV
    User: makis1024 explained previously,
    V9.2 is rooted by SuperSu
    v54.5 -(Ugoos based firmware?) -root can be selected either by SuperSu or Magisk methods.
    Otherwise they look identical(?)
    ...I set tv box before 6 days now, and working good.
    I didnt expect update in just 2 weeks, since last was 11 months old...
    computers-gadget-upgrade-computer_problem-technical_problem-it_tech-mfln10447_low.jpg
    how to enter stock recovery...
    Hold the reset button (at the end of the A/V port hole, or separate button on the box) pressed for a few moments and power on the device.

...and whether it can be operated with the remote control?
    Stock recovery can be operated with the remote, for TWRP recovery you have to attach mouse (wired/wireless/air whatever at hand).
    sbx_romlogo.png

A project to create firmware for TV boxes and sticks with an Amlogic processor.

Amlogic S905X, S905X2, S905X3, S912, S922, S905W, S905W4, S905Y2, S905L (Android 9)

Amlogic S905X4, S905W2, S905Y4 (Android 11)

slimBOXtv ATV and AOSP are two custom firmwares suitable with some modifications for many android TV boxes.

Version 9.3 (Android 9)

• Amendments to the settings for choosing the type of recent
    • Replaced ViPER4Android with a better version
    • ViPER4Android built-in startup in settings
    • New logo and bootanimation in the style of Google TV
    • System amendments

Version 9.2
    • Power indicator goes off in sleep (Vontar X3 and similar)
    • System amendments

Version 9.1
    • Fixed pairing of Bluetooth devices
    • Changed interface settings
    • Fixed work Miracast
    • Updated and activated ViPER4AndroidFX
    • Added presets for ViPER4AndroidFX convolver
    • Added selection of bootvideo, color settings icons, logo
    • Disabled from updates in the market Atv Remote Service and Google splash screen
    • Increased the number of notification icons in the status bar to 10
    • System amendments

Version 42.5, 54.5 (Android 9)

• Replaced ViPER4Android with a better version
    • ViPER4Android built-in startup in settings

Version 54.4
    • Added UPlayer
    • Vontar x3 dim power indicator during operation and during sleep
    • Amendments to the display of processor temperature on the display

Version 54.3
    • Fixed problems with Chinese font
    • Added to the settings Autostart applications

Version 54.2
    • System amendments

Version 54.1
    • Updated and activated ViPER4AndroidFX
    • Disabled from updates in the market Atv Remote Service and Google splash screen
    • Increased the number of notification icons in the status bar to 10
    • System amendments

Version 11.4 (Android 11)

• Corrections to the display of icons in the navigation bar (ATV)
    • Amendments to the operation of the power button in the navigation bar
    • Fixed display of thumbnails in recent
    • Fixed setting wallpaper for TVLauncher (ATV)
    • Fixed downloading applications from the market for ATV and AOSP

Version 11.3
    • Rollback Magisk to version 24.3
    • Now root access works immediately after the first start of the system
    • Added to the settings Recognition of the command Ok, Google (Disable)
    • System amendments

Version 11.2
    • Fixed work ViPER4AndroidFX

Version 11.1
    • System corrections

Version 114.3 for Ugoos X4, X4Q, AM7, TOX3 (Android 11)

• Dark theme for system app installer
    • Additional shutdown timeouts in screensaver and power saving mode
    • Added UPlayer

Version 114.2
    • Fixed downloading applications from the market for ATV and AOSP

Version 114.1
    • Added selection of Image Scale
    • Installer of APK files with displaying the number of the current and updated version of the application
    • Added default launcher selection
    • Added ViPER4AndroidFX and convolver presets
    • Additional transition animation speeds
    • Added selection of bootvideo, bootanimation, color settings icons, logo
    • Disabled signature verification
    • Disabled logging to dropbox
    • Added selection of cursor, background in TVLauncher, font
    • Disabled from updates in the market Atv Remote Service, Google Screensavers, TVLauncher
    • System corrections

Supported TV boxes

SLIMBOX ver 8

• Updated google services and apk
    ВЂ Returned the choice in the settings of a dark or white theme
    • Returned additional image settings
    • Updated firmware
    • In AOSP, I returned the recent stocks and closed the menu button
    • Added debug settings
    • Added additional power settings
    • Various system corrections
    I have found out how to root SlimRom with Magisk:

1. Root SlimRom via the settings
    Then you will have "Superuser" rooting.

2. Install TWRP
    You don't need to, but you can install your TWRP image permanently via the TWRP app:

3. Extract boot.img
    You need to extract "boot.img" in TWRP:
    Code:
    cat /dev/block/boot > /sdcard/boot.img

4. Patch the stock boot.img with Magisk manager app
    Install Magisk manager apk.
    Press the upper install button and select the stock boot.img.
    Magisk will create a patched boot.img.

5. Now unroot in SlimBox settings

6. Flash the patched boot.img in TWRP by selecting install, then image, then choose the file, to "boot"

7. Finally flash Magisk.zip in TWRP

Thats it.
    14.7 is out!!!
    3. Extract boot.img from stock firmware
    You need to have a stock rom for your device.
    Ideally a zipped rom, so that you can extract the "boot.img" out of it.

In case you have an img-file, than you need to extract "boot.img" out of it via Amlogic toolkit:

By this you can extract the stock boot.img from the stock firmware.

This is only good for android 7 images, Android 9 (which most people are using) is totally different.
    To root slimbox you only need patch the current boot.img
    In twrp :
    cat /dev/block/boot > /sdcard/boot.img

Then use magisk to patch the img

Reboot to twrp

Flash the patched boot.img to boot.

Reboot