Project Super Camera on Steriods -Note 5 Mod... for note 3 - V3.1

Search This thread

kevinrocksman

Oct 18, 2009
Now the time has come after 3 years of fighting with the camera on the note 2, note 3 and note 4 trying to make it have unlimited recording limits (until space is full) is now POSSIBLE!

I have spent the last couple hours digging through and pinpointing the 1 thing that cuts off the 4k recording at 5 minutes and you are now able to record up to 1 hour in 4K. I may try to push it more later but this is a good start.

Instructions:
THIS IS NOT A FLASHABLE ZIP SO DO NOT FLASH THRU RECOVERY
1. Download the zip and extract the apk SamsungCamera4.apk
2. Download es file explorer and browse to system/apps/SamsungCamera4/
3. Make a backup of everything in that folder then delete everything in the folder
4. Copy over the SamsungCamera4.apk that you downloaded to system/apps/
4a. (In V2) copy the media_profiles.xml to /system/etc and overwrite
5. set permissions to rw-r-r on the file
6. Reboot your phone
7. Once rebooted check to see if your camera works, once up look for KRM in the Camera icon to the top of the record button
8. If you see KRM then you have installed the mod successfully

If you have any questions please ask. I have recorded up to 35 minutes so far but ran out of space so please let me know if you can fully record to 1 hour. While this mod does unlock the full recording limits of 4k samsung has generously unlocked it already for 1920x1080 and below. That being said please do not use this mod for any illegal activity,

Also it will split each 4GB file into separate pieces- usually around 8 minutes-9 minutes

DOWNLOADS:
V3.1
V3
V2
V1

CHANGELOGS:
V3.1
Fixed 4k unlimited, broke in V3. Fixed in V3.1

V3
(Thanks to @dwitherell back on the note 4 for telling me about how to do these)
Prevent audio from stopping/pausing when taking a pic or shooting video
Allow for taking video while in call

V2
4K bitrate turned up to 68Mbps from 48Mbps
Picture quality turned up to 100% from 96%

V1
4K can record up to a full hour
Modified recording icon

XDA:DevDB Information
Project Super Camera on Steriods, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
kevinrocksman

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2
Stable Release Date: 2015-08-28

Created 2015-08-27
Last Updated 2015-08-28

Last edited:

zetlorf

Jan 11, 2011
so this is the note5 camera (from note5 rom)?
if yes, can you tell me if HDR mode works? if the picture taken with hdr mode is really hdr, not normal picture (like on note4 & s6 ports)?
thanks.

Tirathgrg

Apr 17, 2012
Installed on n900 , running on Dr.ketan's L24 rom , as per instructions given above gives camera force close tried both versions not working please give working camera for n900

Reactions: quangduc_ta

crille612

Jun 28, 2014
It is not working on SM-N9005. The Camera App force closes. And instructions on how to install are not clear. There is no SamsungCamera4 folder, only SamsungCamera2 folder. And In /system there is no folder called "apps" only "app"

vasra

Jun 3, 2009
Thank you for your work!

Questions:

1. Is this cam .apk from Note 5 ROM (if so, which ROM/version)?
2. Does the HDR mode work (tested!) (does it take normal and HDR exposure and not just a normal photo. All previous Note 3 cam ports to Note 3 don't have HDR working)?
4. Does it have high fps modes (120 fps)?
5. Does it have 100% JPEG quality save option or default setting?

THanks!

waldemarz

Dec 1, 2013
Warsaw - Poland
Aplication aparat does not work on ROM DarkLord s6 v3 and Norma Rom S6 V12 English

---------- Post added at 17:52 ---------- Previous post was at 17:47 ----------

It is not working on SM-N9005. The Camera App force closes. And instructions on how to install are not clear. There is no SamsungCamera4 folder, only SamsungCamera2 folder. And In /system there is no folder called "apps" only "app"

The folder SamsungCamera4 is but only in roms with port s6

Last edited:

talkerman

Oct 31, 2011
It Does not Work on my NOTE 4 SM-N910C

Hey! I am excited about this MOD for my camera app, but I am not getting any good results. I have rooted my Note 4 (SM-N910C) and have tried every single version of our files: v1, v2, v3, v3.2, etc... What could it be wrong? Did it have work at any time on any phone?

Thanks a lot Bro!

Natan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now the time has come after 3 years of fighting with the camera on the note 2, note 3 and note 4 trying to make it have unlimited recording limits (until space is full) is now POSSIBLE!

I have spent the last couple hours digging through and pinpointing the 1 thing that cuts off the 4k recording at 5 minutes and you are now able to record up to 1 hour in 4K. I may try to push it more later but this is a good start.

Instructions:
    THIS IS NOT A FLASHABLE ZIP SO DO NOT FLASH THRU RECOVERY
    1. Download the zip and extract the apk SamsungCamera4.apk
    2. Download es file explorer and browse to system/apps/SamsungCamera4/
    3. Make a backup of everything in that folder then delete everything in the folder
    4. Copy over the SamsungCamera4.apk that you downloaded to system/apps/
    4a. (In V2) copy the media_profiles.xml to /system/etc and overwrite
    5. set permissions to rw-r-r on the file
    6. Reboot your phone
    7. Once rebooted check to see if your camera works, once up look for KRM in the Camera icon to the top of the record button
    8. If you see KRM then you have installed the mod successfully

If you have any questions please ask. I have recorded up to 35 minutes so far but ran out of space so please let me know if you can fully record to 1 hour. While this mod does unlock the full recording limits of 4k samsung has generously unlocked it already for 1920x1080 and below. That being said please do not use this mod for any illegal activity,

Also it will split each 4GB file into separate pieces- usually around 8 minutes-9 minutes

DOWNLOADS:
    V3.1
    V3
    V2
    V1

CHANGELOGS:
    V3.1
    Fixed 4k unlimited, broke in V3. Fixed in V3.1

V3
    (Thanks to @dwitherell back on the note 4 for telling me about how to do these)
    Prevent audio from stopping/pausing when taking a pic or shooting video
    Allow for taking video while in call

V2
    4K bitrate turned up to 68Mbps from 48Mbps
    Picture quality turned up to 100% from 96%

V1
    4K can record up to a full hour
    Modified recording icon

XDA:DevDB Information
    Project Super Camera on Steriods, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    kevinrocksman

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2
    Stable Release Date: 2015-08-28

Created 2015-08-27
    Last Updated 2015-08-28
    This mod splits the file every 8 to 9 mins? Then how can we record the continuous 4k video till one hour..?

u cant, there is a 4gb file limitation, it cuts the file every 4gb but now u dont have to stop recording then have to click record again
    Note 3
    N900 or n9005

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Im gonna say all of them, not 100% sure but the worst itll do is just not work which then u just need to copy your old camera back. I modified a exynos version but it seems to work with snapdragon and exynos also
    Installed on n900 , running on Dr.ketan's L24 rom , as per instructions given above gives camera force close tried both versions not working please give working camera for n900
    if someone could extract this into thier /system/lib and give this a try thatd be great
    I think these are the libs needed

http://www.kevinrocksman.com/getdownload.php?file=kevinrocksman/Note3/libs.zip