• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Project Treble - LineageOS 15.1 (8.1.0) - OpenKirin] Infos, bugs and experiences

Search This thread

harry_turtle

Apr 5, 2016
Latest release: Beta 5
Architecture: arm64
Android version: 8.1.0
Lineage version: 15.1
Android security patch level: August, 2018

FAQS
1) How to install
- Make sure you have unlocked bootloader!
- Look here

2) How to root
- Download Magisk Manager
- Direct install

3) Custom recovery
-Fastboot: Fully functional TWRP (recommended after complete install of Lineage)

Experiences
- NFC doesn't work, but is fixable with the following Magisk module
-Secondary camera is fixable with the following Magisk module
- Battery life is a bit worse than stock ROM. I haven't been able to really make improvements except running greenify.
-No face recognition for now

Last edited:

evildev

Jul 23, 2013
So, by issuing "fastboot erase userdata" we are effectively skipping step 13 from the guide (factory reset in stock recovery)?
If not, how to power off the phone after "fastboot reboot"?

srgrusso

Jan 24, 2017
So, by issuing "fastboot erase userdata" we are effectively skipping step 13 from the guide (factory reset in stock recovery)?

I still needed to boot to recovery and do a factory reset on my honor 8. I skipped fastboot reboot and just held the Power + Volume Up until I saw the Boot Logo.

harry_turtle

Apr 5, 2016
Alrighty :)
Anyway, you said camera is OK, OK as in same as stock, just... Okay-ish? I guess 2mpix camera for depth doesn't serve any purpose here?

-swapping between front and rear camera in whatsapp is extremely laggy (takes approx ten seconds)
-swapping with normal camera app takes one second
-taking pics is a bit slower than on stock

I'm not really a camera expert.. how can i test if the 2mpix camera is working?

seb5049

Nov 28, 2015
-swapping between front and rear camera in whatsapp is extremely laggy (takes approx ten seconds)
-swapping with normal camera app takes one second
-taking pics is a bit slower than on stock

I'm not really a camera expert.. how can i test if the 2mpix camera is working?

There should be a Portrait or Wide Aperture mode in the camera app. If you find one, test it and see if the depth effect works. I doubt it will though.

Awsumist

Oct 22, 2016
I see. You can actually install the Huawei stock camera app which should restore dual camera functionality. The only problem is some people are having issues setting it up.

Here's the link to the thread about it: https://forum.xda-developers.com/pr.../huawei-stock-camera-app-treble-roms-t3735169

If someone could test this that would be great.

This one should work better since it's specifically for kirin 659 devices:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-huawei-p20-camera-kirin659-t3798436

harry_turtle

Apr 5, 2016
I see. You can actually install the Huawei stock camera app which should restore dual camera functionality. The only problem is some people are having issues setting it up.

Here's the link to the thread about it: https://forum.xda-developers.com/pr.../huawei-stock-camera-app-treble-roms-t3735169

If someone could test this that would be great.

Well that didn't work...

But this did: aperture and portrait mode are working, camera is more responsive and looks better now.

DarkDante1209

Apr 16, 2018
playstore problem

the applications are not downloaded immediately, some solution or someone else with the same problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Latest release: Beta 5
    Architecture: arm64
    Android version: 8.1.0
    Lineage version: 15.1
    Android security patch level: August, 2018

FAQS
    1) How to install
    - Make sure you have unlocked bootloader!
    - Look here

2) How to root
    - Download Magisk Manager
    - Direct install

3) Custom recovery
    -Fastboot: Fully functional TWRP (recommended after complete install of Lineage)

Experiences
    - NFC doesn't work, but is fixable with the following Magisk module
    -Secondary camera is fixable with the following Magisk module
    - Battery life is a bit worse than stock ROM. I haven't been able to really make improvements except running greenify.
    -No face recognition for now

I removed the line. Better to follow OpenKirin instructions. I used it because of TWRP.