• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Project Treble][UNOFFICIAL] for Wileyfox Swift 2/Plus/X

Search This thread

AxxelFP

Jun 8, 2016
I'm new to 'Project Treble', but managed to flash an Android 10 GSI (system-quack-arm64-aonly-gapps.img.xz).

I have a few questions, in order of importance to me:
  1. The fingerprint scanner isn't working :( and I realy liked the fingerprint login method, can it be solved?
  2. I first tried the 'vanilla' GSI with the gapps separately, but my system partition seemed to small for this. Is that right or am I doing something wrong?
  3. At startup I get a message that there is something wrong with the device and I should contact the manufacturer. (Looks like the message already posted in this thread, but the text is slightly different). Can this be prevented? And/or is this harmful?
Edit: Looks like this point solved itself after 2 times fully charging the phone:
  • The battery life is not really good (understatement). Charging to a (nearly) full load takes hours and the discharge during use (I'm certainly not a heavy user) goes rapid. The previous rom I used was LineageOS 16 (Android 9), a full load could last 2 days then, now it's a day if I'm lucky). Also noticed that the phone turned itself on during the night, while I turned it off in the evening?!

Edit: I'm using a Swift 2 X

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    /*
    * Your warranty is... still valid?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    Project Treble

Important!
    Recommended for installation only for advanced users
    ***What is Project Treble? ***

Project Treble allows to install - Generic System Images on our device with a minimum number of bugs.
    Vendor - this is partition where proprietary files and drivers are stored, which are separate from the system.

***Userful Information***
    ***Development and bugs***
    Development has been started about 3 months. backwards During this time, dozens of errors were corrected and millions of nerve cells were lost.
    Vendor is based on the stock firmware UOS273C with a large number of edits.
    The kernel is used from vm03 with driver edits for working on Project Treble.

Bugs in Generic System Images:Bugs in Vendor:
    • SELinux Permissive
    • For the fingerprint scanner to work correctly before being added to Settings, it is necessary to “poke” 5-6 times into it, for the driver to load correctly.
    ***Preparing device for support Project Treble***
    1. Download TWRP Treble
    2. Repartition script 16GB or 32GB
    3. Download Treble Vendor
    4. Download Treble Boot

You need to copy all the necessary information to an external memory card or PC, since the internal memory will be formatted and devided into special partitions for Project Treble can work.
    1. Install TWRP Treble in a convenient way for you.
    2. Install Repartition script in TWRP. Depending on your internal memory size.
    3. After installing repartition script, device will automatically reboot into Recovery, where you must do:
      1. Format Data (Wipe > Format Data)
      2. Wipe Vendor (Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Vendor)
      3. After that necessarily to reboot the Recovery (Reboot > Recovery)
    4. Flashing Treble Vendor (Just install zip archive)
    5. Flashing Treble Boot (Select the option in the lower right corner Install Image, select Boot_Treble_new.img and flash it as Boot Image)
    6. Install your favorite firmware (about this below). (Select the option in the lower right cornerInstall Image, than flash it as System Image)

***Installing Android Oreo or Android Pie GSIs***

* If camera don't working on Pie flash:
    Camera Pie GSI patch
    * If the NFC item in the settings hangs, or the NFC does not turn on (this is usually the case in the old October GSI), flash:
    NFC all GSI Patch
    * Patch for fix fingerprint scanner on some Pie GSIs
    Folder with patches
    For ArrowOS GSI, HavocOS 2.0, AEX 6.1 fix not needed.

***Google Apps***
    Install GApps only before the first launch of the ROM!
    Open GApps Project

***Thanks***
    Testing and moral support:Help in bug fixes and kernel sources:
    Mirrors for download files:
    Fingerprint overlay:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Project Treble][UNOFFICIAL] for Wileyfox Swift 2/Plus/X, ROM for the Wileyfox Swift 2

Kernel Sourses
    DevelopedInside

Contributors
    fx-mod
    ROM OS Version: Android 8.1.x and Android 9.x

Version Information

Created 2018-09-30
    Last Updated 2018-09-30
    I downloaded AOSP 10 Vanilla without Gapps on my Wileyfox Swift 2 plus and followed the instructions on this site. Exact name of the download: system-quack-arm64-aonly-vanilla.img.xz. Android 10 is running smoothly on my Wileyfox! I use it for a week now and installed 2 updates in the meantime: it's all very stable and constantly patched with the latest security patches and solved issues. The minor thing is that the fingerprint sensor is not working at all. For safety reasons, I'd rather use a pin, so I don't miss the fingerprint sensor. I will ask the developer (pphusson) to support the Wileyfox fingerprint sensor, so anyone can use it when included in the software.
    Battery life is better than ever. Camera is acting much faster than before and shoots sharper pictures. Dark mode works now in all the Android screens.
    When you can live without the fingerprint sensor (for now) and like to have the latest version (with latest patches) I'd recommend this one!
    wich gsi runs best on marmite ?
    did anyone try oxygen os ?

Viper official GSI was best for me
    Vendor was updated.
    Never heard of 'Project Treble' before, but it sounds very interesting to be able to use 'Generic System Images'.
    Before playing around with it - can you please also provide a 'Repartition Script' to get back to the default Partitioning ?
    Done!